Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While waiting for the trailer, why not watch an amazing tutorial with the film's composer Junkie XL on how he scores movies:

Spoiler alert: this is from 2015 so no Dark Tower, but it's still an amazingly deep look, and if you enjoy film scores this is a must see (actual scoring begins in Episode 3, FYI).

John F. Kennedy Argie is on a distinguished road Argie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Also - anyone else thinking King's Corgy is getting a cameo as Oy? :-)
    I would like to see a kick-ass CGI Oy. Maybe played and voiced by Andy Serkis

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Tom Holkenberg doing the score for The Dark Tower? I watched all his Mad Max score videos because it was amazing. I still can't believe he didn't get an oscar nomination for it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Most likely it's just waiting for the right moment so it's not overshadowed by any other big trailer dropping prior or after it. So that it gets maximum social media traction.
    They definitely had to wait for the IT fervor to die. That trailer went crazy viral. If anything, hopefully people are hyped enough to see IT it'll lure them into paying for The Dark Tower.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://screenrant.com/dark-tower-tv-...te-ron-howard/
    The Dark Tower seems to be a franchise beset by delays but Ron Howard says the TV series is still moving ahead. The book series was a huge hit for Stephen King, and remains a fan-favorite. Though The Dark Tower naturally lends itself to a big screen adaptation, the very idea of a movie has hit many a bump in the road, before the idea eventually became a reality over at Sony Pictures.

Starring Idris Elba as The Gunslinger, and Matthew McConaughey as The Man in Black, The Dark Tower is set to be released on August 4th. That date has changed twice; it was originally set for February of this year, and then July, but now, August it is. However, we have yet to see any promotion for the movie other than a poster (which was rather good). No teaser, no trailer, no snippets of footage, nothing. Footage that was shown to press at CinemaCon was warmly received, but it was also noted that it was unfinished, which means Sony really needs to get moving.

Fans, who are highly anticipating the arrival of The Dark Tower, are beginning to wonder what the deal is here, and also, what happened to the idea of an accompanying TV series? To be produced by Ron Howard, the original idea was that a TV series would focus on Wizard and Glass, the fourth book of King’s Dark Tower series, and a self-contained prequel within itself. Elba and McConaughey were rumored to be on board to feature in part, alongside casting of their younger selves.

Since all has gone quiet on the movie front, many have assumed plans for the series are shelved, but speaking to TV Guide, Howard reassured fans that the project is still very much in development:

“Dark Tower is coming out this summer. It’s a terrific movie directed by Nikolaj Arcel. And we are working on the television component. That’s not a commitment on the television side, but creatively, it could work very well, hand in hand with what we’d like the movies to be.”

In essence, Howard is reiterating what we already knew. The Dark Tower TV series hasn’t been picked up by any network as yet, though it could be at home somewhere like HBO, or even on Netflix or Hulu. The likelihood of that pickup will ultimately rest with the success of the movie. If fans clamor for more stories of Roland and his Ka-Tet, then networks will soon be locked in a bidding war to bring one of King’s most popular works to their channel.

If Sony fails to get going with some serious promotion for The Dark Tower, though, then the movie could fail spectacularly, which will be a real shame since the story is so worthy of a big (and small) screen retelling. This is the year for King adaptations – an It remake is arriving in September, Castle Rock is coming to Hulu, Gerald’s Game will arrive on Netflix sometime this year, too, and The Mist will air on Spike this summer. There’s the momentum and passion all in place, now all Sony needs to do is capitalize on that and in turn, Howard’s TV series will get made. It’s what’s known in The Dark Tower as Ka.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bit of brightness in this field of darkness? Much appreciated.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

How many times are they going to push back the release date?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Most likely it's just waiting for the right moment so it's not overshadowed by any other big trailer dropping prior or after it. So that it gets maximum social media traction.
    They definitely had to wait for the IT fervor to die. That trailer went crazy viral. If anything, hopefully people are hyped enough to see IT it'll lure them into paying for The Dark Tower.
    In all honesty, they would be better off delaying it until after IT comes out. IT received such crazy buzz. Ideally, it would be perfect to have the trailer for Dark Tower before IT. This would be capitalizing on all the buzz and excitement that IT has generated.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The audiences for these 2 films are so wildly different. The buzz on IT is large but it's still an R rated horror film. DT will be a PG-13 fantasy adventure film.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The audiences for these 2 films are so wildly different. The buzz on IT is large but it's still an R rated horror film. DT will be a PG-13 fantasy adventure film.
    Doesn't mean it won't rake in a bunch of people who aren't familiar with The Dark Tower. What they should do is cut a trailer that makes it look as much like a horror film as possible. They also have to play up Matthew McConaughey as much as possible. I love Elba, but he's not a household name.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Doesn't mean it won't rake in a bunch of people who aren't familiar with The Dark Tower. What they should do is cut a trailer that makes it look as much like a horror film as possible. They also have to play up Matthew McConaughey as much as possible. I love Elba, but he's not a household name.

I'd have to disagree. IMHO they should play up the "fantasy element" rather than the "Horror", but that's just MHO. Of course, playing up, McConaughy won't hurt at all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You can play up fantasy too. Just don't play up the Western side. Unfortunately, people hate westerns.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You can play up fantasy too. Just don't play up the Western side. Unfortunately, people hate westerns.

Maybe, but what about the success of "Westworld"? That would seem to play right into this in a way, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People hate Westerns?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's not any more "western" than a movie like No Country For Old Men. Which seemed to do pretty well...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the movie seems to be more NY-based than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    People hate Westerns?
    There are exceptions if you're the Coen brothers or Tarantino but generally I think it's a genre that most people aren't interested in like they used to be during the days of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood in the prime.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...Tower-20170425
    SIXTH FLOOR CONSPIRACY, Dallas-based rockers, announced today that the band has released a new song titled, The Dark Tower, an epic sonic homage inspired by Stephen King's best-selling series of the same name. Vocalist Jim Shafer, guitarist Kris Evans and bassist Tim Slack teamed up to create the song. Evans dynamic song writing and guitar work, paired with Slack's bombastic bass lines put down a solid foundation for Shafer's dream/nightmare like vocals and lyrics. Fans of the series will hear elements created from imagery in the books.

"I am a huge Stephen King fan," said Jim Shafer. "The Dark Tower books have been a major part of my life. I have written several songs inspired by King's work, but there is something about The Dark Tower series I have always been drawn to. We are excited about this new release and hope fans of the series enjoy it as anticipation builds for the movie's upcoming release."

Galactic Wizard Studios produced The Dark Tower for SIXTH FLOOR CONSPIRACY.

To listen to an excerpt from the song, please go to https://sixthfloorconspiracy.bandcam...the-dark-tower.

The Dark Tower is currently available everywhere digital music is sold.

For more information on the band, please visit: www.sixthfloorconspiracy.com

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

It really should be a Hard R. Like Logan. Logan is what a DT movie should be. Sigh

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The video do not work anymore, but the song is here
    > https://sixthfloorconspiracy.bandcam...the-dark-tower
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Must be a region thing. It works for me.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Maybe, but what about the success of "Westworld"? That would seem to play right into this in a way, no?
    This was something I talked about last year. Westworld becoming a smash hit and critical darling bodes well for the Dark Tower. It shows there is a market for hybrid western/sci fi stories.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cowboys & Aliens baby!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Must be a region thing. It works for me.
    Likewise.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

This was something I talked about last year. Westworld becoming a smash hit and critical darling bodes well for the Dark Tower. It shows there is a market for hybrid western/sci fi stories.
    You guys make a good point. Maybe things are changing with the success of Westworld.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 ... LastLast