View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244
Results 6,076 to 6,078 of 6078

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/12/the-dark...ive-at-amazon/
    Against all odds, The Dark Tower TV series still has a pulse.

Last summer, a film adaptation of Stephen King’s enduring fantasy Western series hit theaters. It starred Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey as gunslinger Roland Deschain and his nemesis, the Man in Black, two mythical figures warring over the fate of a grand structure that upholds nothing less than the universe itself.

The movie pulled ideas from several of King’s eight Dark Tower books, while also serving as something of a sequel to the series. And more pressingly, it was — put lightly — an unmitigated garbage fire for Sony Pictures, earning roundly terrible reviews and underperforming at the box office.

Such a grim result seemed at the time to pour cold water all over previously established plans to follow The Dark Tower with sequels and a related TV series. (The TV series was originally developed by MRC and eventually made its way to Amazon.)

In a recent interview with Deadline Hollywood, however, Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke revealed that the company’s efforts to craft a small-screen take on The Dark Tower aren’t over yet.

“Those are scripts that I haven’t gotten yet,” said Salke, responding to a question about long-in-development propositions including an adaptation of fantasy series The Wheel of Time as well as Dark Tower. “I’ll be seeing those, that material, in the coming weeks. None of those things are dead. They’re very much alive.”

There you have it — King acolytes may have a return to Mid-World to look forward to. Former Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara was announced as the showrunner at one point, on a series that would pull heavily from King’s Wizard & Glass and focus on telling the origin story of Elba’s gunslinger. No word on whether Dark Tower director Nikolaj Arcel remains involved, or whether once-hatched plans to have Elba, Tom Taylor, and Dennis Haysbert reprise roles from the film still stand.

Our guess? Amazon will go back to the drawing board, and in doing so distance the series from last year’s Dark Tower. Even before the movie arrived (and flopped), King was alluding to the idea that Amazon’s series could tell a completely different story. “We’ll see what happens with that,” King said at the time. “It would be like a complete reboot, so we’ll just have to see.”

Not for nothing, but this could be an Amazon answer to "Westworld", no?
    The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Traveler Keith1974 is on a distinguished road

I hope they take some time developing this before pulling the trigger, and put together a creative team and cast that will respect the original vision of the novels while selling it to a mainstream audience-------which the movie failed miserably at doing. There hasn't been a more opportune time, because material like GAME OF THRONES and WESTWORLD has proved that audiences want "fantasy-world-building" and deep long-form storytelling.
    They just need to ignore the movie and start from scratch, because it'll probably be a liability to attracting viewers--------"It's based on that shitty movie with the whining kid? Never mind."

The Hound CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah at this point I really don't trust the powers that be to handle this after the lack of respect they showed towards the source material. Get Mike Flanagan or Frank Darabont to handle this.

Also I know this is almost a year old but I was looking at the old AMA with Arcel...

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comm...sk_me/dkg705x/

"The overall idea is that Roland is lacking Khef at the beginning of his journey and that Char is guiding him, we've made that a bit stronger."

What, Roland is guided by death now?

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244