Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 254 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see Thomas Dekker as young Roland...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1020631808/nm0215281

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Ron Howard gonna do My Stroke of Insight first? If so, it's gonna be awhile before we see the first DT movie or episode.
    Ron Howard putting Dark Tower on hold: Ron Howard took on the task of making Stephen King's Dark Tower series into both movies and a television series. However, he is approaching another project first. My Stroke of Insight is a true-story memoir of Jill Bolte Taylor, a "brain scientist" who suffers a stroke leaving her unable to walk, read, write or remember her past. The story then follows her as she uses her knowledge of brainpower to recover. The movie is being compared to A Beautiful Mind and Howard hopes to cast Jodie Foster in the lead role. With A Beautiful Mind being as emotionally manipulative, and factually inaccurate, as it is I am cynical about this new effort. Just make The Dark Tower already.
    http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/157101

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Another person who would be good in DT is Kandyse McClure. She would be perfect as Susannah.
    I had to look her up as I didn't recognize the name. Looking at the pictures I recognized her from Battlestar Galactica.

A very pretty woman. I don't really see her as Susannah though. Not quite the right look in my mind... which isn't to say she couldn't do it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

i still stand by the opinion that i wish they weren't trying to do this at all. leave it alone, The Tower is perfectly fine existing in the hearts and minds of the true believers. we don't need to sell EVERYTHING out.
    Time is a face on the water.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Another person who would be good in DT is Kandyse McClure. She would be perfect as Susannah.
    I had to look her up as I didn't recognize the name. Looking at the pictures I recognized her from Battlestar Galactica.

A very pretty woman. I don't really see her as Susannah though. Not quite the right look in my mind... which isn't to say she couldn't do it.
    I could see it. You would have to watch her in Persons Unknown I think in order to get a good assessment. In PU she didn't rely on pretty at all, she was actually dirty looking. I think you would be surprised. Here is how she looked in the show... (I am not skilled in the art of posting pics yet.)
    http://www.nbc.com/persons-unknown/p...ry#item=129054
    http://www.nbc.com/persons-unknown/b...ndyse-mcclure/

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh it wasn't the prettiness that I see as a problem. Susannah is quite a looker after all.

She just doesn't look much how I imagine Susannah, but I understand this is subjective as we all see these characters differently.

I'll admit, she does look closer in those pictures in your links though.

From an acting point of view, I think she could probably do it though, albeit my experience is limited. She can do Odetta, certainly. Detta? I'm not sure as I haven't seen Persons Unknown, but I doubt that's beyond her. She could show a hard core in Galactica, certainly.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think someone in here has mentioned it already, but I totally dig Rutina Wesley (Tara from True Blood) as Susannah. I think she perfectly looks the part and anyone who's seen True Blood knows she can do sassy and tough.

http://truebloodnet.com/wp-content/u...a-thornton.jpg

Plus, look at the girl's arm muscles. Damn.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I think someone in here has mentioned it already, but I totally dig Rutina Wesley (Tara from True Blood) as Susannah. I think she perfectly looks the part and anyone who's seen True Blood knows she can do sassy and tough.

http://truebloodnet.com/wp-content/u...a-thornton.jpg

Plus, look at the girl's arm muscles. Damn.
    I could see it, but I would have to see her in a role to fully support it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Ron Howard's first movie based on Stephen King's*The Dark Tower*has been scheduled for May 17, 2013."

Source:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71268
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I was reading The Gunslinger the other day, and I was wondering - how are they going to pull off the Tull bits pre-massacre ? Nort being resurrected and coughing up phlegm and blood, Sylvia's vehement denouncement Satan/The Interloper in church, Roland sticking his revolver between Sylvia's thighs (lol), that's going to be hard to dance around if they end up going with a PG-13 rating ... unless they decide to omit all of that altogether.

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    So I was reading The Gunslinger the other day, and I was wondering - how are they going to pull off the Tull bits pre-massacre ? Nort being resurrected and coughing up phlegm and blood, Sylvia's vehement denouncement Satan/The Interloper in church, Roland sticking his revolver between Sylvia's thighs (lol), that's going to be hard to dance around if they end up going with a PG-13 rating ... unless they decide to omit all of that altogether.

this is one of my biggest problems. there are so many things they cannot possibly put into the movie, let alone a TV show, that DO matter. the DT is a bloodbath, lets face it. so ok, they can do that in the movies but when they dumb it down for TV it's going to be nothing but cheesy TV SciFi. so what will happen? large, VERY LARGE portions of the story will simply be omitted.

gr! please, i beg you, DONT DO IT RON HOWARD!!!
    Time is a face on the water.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First of all there's a lot you can get away with with a PG-13 rating. Plus, no one's said it's not going to be an R. May 17, 2013 can't come soon enough!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, having it be a rated R movie would be a very risky move from a financial standpoint, they'd stand to lose a lot of ticket sales/$ ... I think they're going for a PG-13 rating. But we'll see.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    "Ron Howard's first movie based on Stephen King's*The Dark Tower*has been scheduled for May 17, 2013."

Source:
    So, basically...my 25th birthday?

That would be the best. Birthday. Ever!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel this is unacceptable. IMDB says 2012, I don't know if I can take a whole extra year. Unacceptable.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post

Source:

Unless the movie sucks. Then it would be the worst birthday ever.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Fur-nan-doh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post

Source:

Unless the movie sucks. Then it would be the worst birthday ever.

Meh, if that happens, I won't be too pissed off. Since it's also the 50th anniversary year of my favourite show in 2013, I will most likely after seeing the Dark Tower movie go out, get completely smashed on booze with mates (ideally somewhere that plays 90s British pop music), stagger home, and then just spend the next couple of days recovering from a hangover whilst watching a fuckload of Who eps. Whether the movie rocks or sucks, either way it's gonna be the best birthday ever!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, having it be a rated R movie would be a very risky move from a financial standpoint, they'd stand to lose a lot of ticket sales/$ ... I think they're going for a PG-13 rating. But we'll see.
    You mean the whole 12 and under market?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    You may not think it but yes. For example, I would love to see a lot of adult movies out there, but if I don't have a sitter than I don't usually see a movie. By making a movie safe for kids under 12, you draw in a lot of adults with children. If you make it not so good for kids under 12, you miss out on the market of adults that have kids, and the kids.

That being said, I will have a sitter for this movie!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What HL said.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm..I'm still not readily convinced about these movies. While I want them to be awesome, I am pretty possessive about my versions of the Ka-tet and crew...I'm so afraid they will be ruined in my head forever if they aren't perfect.

Be that as it may, I am glad we finally have a release date on this. Mostly because that means we are ever so close to getting casting and production updates! That's around the time I usually get excited for films/shows, and I hope they can do this one justice...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You may not think it but yes. For example, I would love to see a lot of adult movies out there, but if I don't have a sitter than I don't usually see a movie. By making a movie safe for kids under 12, you draw in a lot of adults with children. If you make it not so good for kids under 12, you miss out on the market of adults that have kids, and the kids.

Actually, I was not paying attention, shouldn't have posted, duh. It's the market of 13 to 17 years old that'd be lost with an R rating, of course. There's no way TDT could be edited to General audiences. You might take little kids to a PG film, but you'd definitely need a sitter for TDT. And I hope the T.V. show isn't watered down that far either. Think people would be smart enough to put them to bed?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I was not paying attention, shouldn't have posted, duh. It's the market of 13 to 17 years old that'd be lost with an R rating, of course. There's no way TDT could be edited to General audiences. You might take little kids to a PG film, but you'd definitely need a sitter for TDT. And I hope the T.V. show isn't watered down that far either. Think people would be smart enough to put them to bed?
    I took your post as saying that it shouldn't have been meant for kids under 12, I agree, but mentioned that they will not be able to sell as many tickets as they would they made it more kid friendly. If they make a PG DT I don't know if I would even be willing to see it. It should be R, but they can't risk the loss of ratings.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

if they adjust it to suit the needs of a wider audience (including kids), they will lose another group, namely, whose who love and appreciate the Dark Tower books.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too worried about ratings. They can still cover a lot with a lower rating. And the gun rape scene in The Dark Tower wasn't really needed in the book either.

As for the series, just because it's for TV doesn't mean it will be dumbed down. There are plenty of series on nowadays which are decidedly 18. I actually hope it's not too far that way as it would be nice to open it to an older audience, but I think rated 15 (or the US equivalent) would be satisfactory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 254 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast