Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
With the news that HBO is now also delving into Asimov's Foundation series (http://electricliterature.com/isaac-...onathan-nolan/), in addition to working on Atwood's MaddAddam series, plus of course that Game of whatever thing, it's becoming quite clear The Dark Tower is almost certainly not going to be shown on the big screen. Serial television is just too good nowadays. The world moving on will be televised (sort of). Netflix has come up before in this discussion, and they themselves are dipping into more epic productions with the upcoming Marco Polo series. So HBO is probably definitely out, but Netflix might be a good destination for a proper multi-season series. It could be a limited series, all shot at the same time, shown in several seasons. I think they could easily do three or four seasons of several 60-90 minute episodes and do the books justice. Other than HBO and Netflix, Showtime may be a destination, but I don't see The Dark Tower as their type of show. There's also Starz but they've already got a time-traveling fantasy series going in Outlander. I just don't think the idea of theatrical movies alternating with television seasons (a great idea on paper) is really ever gonna work.

So, Netflix?

Quick and dirty series overview with nineteen 90-minute (or more) episodes:
  • Season 1: The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three (Episodes 1 through 4)
  • Season 2: The Waste Lands and The Wizard and Glass (Episodes 5 though 8)
  • Season 3: The Wizard and Glass and The Wind Through the Keyhole (Episodes 9 through 11)
  • Season 4: Wolves of the Calla and Song of Susannah (Episodes 12 through 14)
  • Season 5: Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower (Episodes 15 through 19)
What you suggest seems very plausible however, I don't think they will incorporate more than a slight nod at TWTTKH. It's not essential to the overall story. Besides, if the series proved to be successful it would give them follow-up material to work with.