Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 254 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Watching the IT remake just reminded me and reinforced how sad I was watching TDT...
    So far off the mark.. why dont these "professional's" every listen to the fans???
    Alan Moore said, "If the audience knew what they wanted, they wouldn't be the audience." Maybe harsh but essentially true.

King has millions of fans. Whose opinion should the studios listen to? It's frustrating to see good books ruined but how many fans out of those millions have experience with photography, screenwriting, etc?

It 2 seems okay at best and I'll wait for the DVD.
    No go to the theatre... it’s far better than “ok”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When the audience loves the source material and rejects the adaptation, yeah - they know something. They can't make the movie, but they can point the way.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Alan Moore said, "If the audience knew what they wanted, they wouldn't be the audience." Maybe harsh but essentially true.

King has millions of fans. Whose opinion should the studios listen to? It's frustrating to see good books ruined but how many fans out of those millions have experience with photography, screenwriting, etc?
    Well Stephen King himself apparently warned them that they were making a big mistake by starting out of order but they didn't listen to him. And I imagine fans like Frank Darabont or Mike Flanagan could have done it justice. Both expressed interest in doing the DT film. Darabont did a Stephen King film that's still being talked about over a decade later (edit: I'm largely referring to The Mist here but obviously Shawshank Redemption is considered to be one of the greatest films ever made). Flanagan took a story that was considered to be both one of King's weakest novels and unfilmable to boot and turned something in that received widespread critical acclaim.

Meanwhile the director they picked said Roland was being guided by "Char" (which is death) as opposed to "Ka" so you can tell how much of a fan he actually was.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That is generally true but not always. People hated the adaptation of Alan Moore's From Hell. It was only loosely based on the book etc. Well, okay, here's Watchmen. Nah, that's a too literal adaptation.

Is there a unifying voice speaking for millions of fans with a singular vision of what an adaptation should be like? Until we achieve such Borg-like groupthink we're always going to have to listen to the audience whose opinions the filmmakers didn't listen to. It's the too many chefs in the kitchen syndrome.

Keep in mind you're talking to someone who subscribes to the theory that the book isn't always better, only mostly.

Cyber: yes, they 100% should've listened to King.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised at how no one has commented on the synopsis in that article posted about the director that makes it sound like they are changing Roland's origin story.
    Spoiler:
    Roland is chasing Martin and Steven is trying to find him. What? Does he even do the right of passage/test to become a gunslinger? When does he has time to fall for Susan if he is in pursuit of the MIB?

I hope they don't screw this up like the movie.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At this point I'm not expecting complete faithfulness. Even if you had Mike Flanagan or Frank Darabont on board there would still be a number of significant changes.

If it's say on par with the It movies in terms of following the books and King doesn't try to insult my intelligence by pretending this is somehow in canon with the series like he did with the first film (seriously what a crock of bullshit he tried feeding us there) then I will at least give it a passing grade.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, because nothing's riskier than a Stephen King property right now...contemptible fools!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's unfortunate, but all is not lost. They can still shop to other streaming services. Imagine HBO picks it up? Hnnnnnngggggggggggg

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I have to think someone out there will see the value in producing this, but...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sure hope we aren't only left with that shitty movie.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That sucks. It sounded like it would at least be better than the movie.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Being raped in the eye would be better than the film

Country
    Country Flag

That is a pretty extreme way to state that is a poorly made movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Being raped in the eye would be better than the film
    Actually, I'd take another go-round with the awful film...

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Where's the petition to get the pilot released some how? There's petitions for everything.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Where's the petition to get the pilot released some how? There's petitions for everything.
    Is the pilot actually done?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. The pilot was completed.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Yes. The pilot was completed.
    So that tells ya HOW BAD that was as well for them to pass. Wtf. Why can’t someone get this shit right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah. The pilot can be good, but if it costed a lot and the numbers for the following chapters are huge (and epic shows are usually extremelly expensive) the networks get scared easily.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was also my understanding of the issue.
    Amazon has to invest a LOT of money for the other big productions (Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time) and they also have some other projects such as "the three body problem" for which Amazon is ready to drop 1 BILLION for 3 seasons ( https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8278066.html ) and i think that they decided to not continue this project to use their money on their other projects
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Probably won't happen unless someone leaks it.

I don't know the reason why but when the Locke & Key pilot at Fox failed Joe Hill said if it got out that would only hurt the chances at it getting made elsewhere. (Although that just leaked the other week but it doesn't matter because the Netflix show is ready to go.)

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The two pilots of LOCKE AND KEY were eventually released.
    I am guessing that it wont happen to that project, at least for now. It's too early. The project is probably very tightened and only a few people have access to it, so only a restricted amount of people could leak it... and Amazon would likely sue given the money they already invested in it.

But if anyone has it, feel free to send it privately to me
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I only got one of the pilots of Locke and Key, so if you have Hulu's, we need to talk
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, after checking, I only have the Fox version. From 2011.
    My apologies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 254 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 ... LastLast