Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 254 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is a near-universal consensus among historical scholars that Jesus did exist. He's been mentioned by a few non-Christian historians, Josephus and Tacitus, as well.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    There is a near-universal consensus among historical scholars that Jesus did exist. He's been mentioned by a few non-Christian historians, Josephus and Tacitus, as well.
    Both of whom were born after his death.

I wasn't really referring to his temporal existence; I was more referring to the fictionalized account of his life.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At this point I think I'm just going to wait and see if the movie(s) ever get done, then assess them.
    This could be much ado over nothing.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Elba's look is believable as Roland to me.
    I think its interesting how people conjure images in the mind.
    Most of white america still choose to believe Jesus is a blond hair blue eyed look'in kind of guy.
    That would be Thor...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I wasn't really referring to his temporal existence; I was more referring to the fictionalized account of his life.
    Its your belief and I respect it however bashing others religious beliefs is not appreciated and I'm a little shocked go see it happening on this forum.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Its your belief and I respect it however bashing others religious beliefs is not appreciated and I'm a little shocked go see it happening on this forum.
    I don't see any "bashing", just an opinion/belief different than yours. No one here was physically or verbally assaulted.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps not "bashing" but jumping at the chance to call someone else's beliefs "fiction" is not being very considerate of those beliefs. I have no problems with anybody's religious beliefs or lack there of and I certainly don't discuss them if I don't agree. It seems simple enough to just not go there.

Also I never said that his opinion was different than mine. I just said I shocked to see that behavior happen on this forum.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Perhaps not "bashing" but jumping at the chance to call someone else's beliefs "fiction" is not being very considerate of those beliefs. I have no problems with anybody's religious beliefs or lack there of and I certainly don't discuss them if I don't agree. It seems simple enough to just not go there.

Also I never said that his opinion was different than mine. I just said I shocked to see that behavior happen on this forum.

I'm seriously confused, what does this site have to do with religion in any way.. that would cause you to be shocked?
    Do get all mad at me for asking, I mean no disrespect.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's fine...but Detta should be a saucy Latina, like Rosie Perez! Of course Jake should be a little Asian girl. OH! Let Caitlyn Jenner play Eddie. Maybe Martha Stewart as Oy?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

...what does this site have to do with religion in any way...
    Exactly. That's why it was so shocking. He we are discussing the relative merits of casting decisions for a Dark Tower movie, and someone comes in and basically says "by the way, the historical figure Jesus (who many consider a personal savior) is a fictional character." I mean , WTF purpose does that serve? Yes, the person came in later and qualified it a bit, which is appreciated, but it still came out of left field and at the best is insulting, and at the worst is purposely inflammatory. Totally uncalled for, and I absolutely see why J.A. would say something.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My intent wasn't to bash anyone or anything.

I'm simply discussing literature and a movie.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it! Good casting, Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    That's fine...but Detta should be a saucy Latina, like Rosie Perez! Of course Jake should be a little Asian girl. OH! Let Caitlyn Jenner play Eddie. Maybe Martha Stewart as Oy?

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The dark tower takes place in the universe of stephen king's novels, not in our universe. non of our mythology applies. I think Elba can pull it off.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought the news would sink in over the weekend, but no! I still hate it. Is there any chance javier bardem will still be cast. Fingers crossed.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like this is just spin to develop hype for the project. I do not think Roland will be black.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is no different from Game of Thrones and especially The Walking Dead. Millions of people still tune in every week to watch Darryl, everybody's sweetheart who doesn't even exist in the books. Or to watch characters long dead do things they'd have never done when alive. Or to watch Jamie rape Cersei when at the same point in the books he starts his road to redemption.

There are millions of people who have not, have no interest in, and never will read the books. Think of the Red Wedding and when internet exploded after that episode. On this board we have members who don't want to read the TWD books so it doesn't spoil the show for them.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    This is no different from Game of Thrones and especially The Walking Dead.
    It's different in the way that The Dark Tower is good and Walking Dead is terrible, haha.
    I still watch it though.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This is no different from Game of Thrones and especially The Walking Dead. Millions of people still tune in every week to watch Darryl, everybody's sweetheart who doesn't even exist in the books. Or to watch characters long dead do things they'd have never done when alive. Or to watch Jamie rape Cersei when at the same point in the books he starts his road to redemption.

There are millions of people who have not, have no interest in, and never will read the books. Think of the Red Wedding and when internet exploded after that episode. On this board we have members who don't want to read the TWD books so it doesn't spoil the show for them.

I think there is a difference here. Darryl being added doesn't change Rick from the comics. Jamie doing that WAS out of character, but didn't change the character. And yes millions don't read the books of movies. Doesn't mean we have to cater to them.

What is different here, is that Roland is one of 4 characters in the ka-tet (and then Oy.) That's it. A forth of the cast has already been changed if Idris is cast. Which if the first movie isn't a condensed version of The Gunslinger and The Drawing of The Three, then it's Roland and Jake. So half the cast is changed because Idris is now being said to be the only actor out there that can play the part of Roland.

Nobody who has journeyed with Roland, and there are millions, expected this. Here's a list of actors that fans were hoping for.

Jim Caviezel
    Michael Fassbender
    Andrew Lincoln
    Viggo Mortensen
    Daniel Day-Lewis
    Javier Bardem
    Josh Brolin
    Daniel Craig
    Hugh Jackman
    Karl Urban

Any of these actors would draw crowds to the theaters. Who is Idris again, what's he been in that he's an A-lister that people are flocking to the theaters for.

Also, this is King's character and I get it, the books are on the shelf and that's what he always says when Hollywood or tv changes his vision. He's come to peace with that. But he's been angry over other book-to-movie issues. I wish he would stand up for Roland, who aside from Flagg, is his biggest character.

p.s. to be fair for casting issues, I didn't really see Matthew McConaughey as Marten. He's also a bigger name than Idris. He won an Academy Award. Idris has won no awards according to his wiki page. Robert Carlyle would be a better Marten to match Idris's smaller fame.

In the end, I just feel that we are being told how great and perfect Idris is for the part. When in reality, somebody in Hollywood is rubbing somebodies back to get the actor they want and we have to be happy with what they give and tell us. Yeah, there will be new fans, but they will lose me as a ticket buyer.

We should NOT accept it. We've paid for the books and were constant readers for decades and that's the reason Roland continued his journey. We've waited for Roland to become a reality. There ARE better players for the part. I will not accept the reasoning that Hollywood forces us to believe. A movie wouldn't even be made if it weren't for that fact that we love Roland as he is. Hollywood already has an audience that will show up, why mess that up?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Let them cast Warwick Davis as Roland. Don't want to discriminate against the little people out there. Maybe they should've cast a girl to play as Harriet Potter. I loved Idris in The Wire but he's not right for Roland. I see Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha from Walking Dead) as Susannah. Oy will steal every scene he's in. I can see action figures/toys for all these characters as well. A plush Oy and/or one that speaks several phrases.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    A plush Oy and/or one that speaks several phrases.

Phrases such as OY! Oy? OOOYYY!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You forgot "ake!"

This morning I had a whole description of the porn parody that is sure to follow this film version of The Dark Tower but I am just too tired to go into it this evening. Let's just say there is the opportunity for a lot of puns.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or to watch Jamie rape Cersei when at the same point in the books he starts his road to redemption.
    The uproar over that was so bad they were still doing damage control for it over a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    You forgot "ake!"

This morning I had a whole description of the porn parody that is sure to follow this film version of The Dark Tower but I am just too tired to go into it this evening. Let's just say there is the opportunity for a lot of puns.
    lol I remember on the old DT.net forums there was someone who thought that the Dark Tower represented a giant black dick and was a metaphor for Stephen King wanting to leave his wife for one.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Idris Elba is a great actor , and can pull it off as well as anyone. Just.. my gunslinger action figures won't be anything like i'd imagine it.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Way to shit all over the source material and the most important literary work of my life!

John F. Kennedy Absttractharmony will become famous soon enough Absttractharmony's Avatar

Idris is a damn fine actor BUT I just don't see him as Roland from every single decription of him contained in the books. Can he do it? Absolutely Should he do it? Not at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 254 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast