Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 254 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The thread will self-archive when people stop commenting in it. We may consider unstickying the thread.
    Been tens years of , what's another 10? Hopefully someone will start up another thread if/when the series gets a TV spot and the world will move on. Have to commend you faithful though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    And if the movie was more faithful to the books it would of made even less money. Just look at Mother! it floped. Original films just do go well with General audiences anymore. DT is just too weird an IP for adaptation. Sadly. But still hoping for a niche TV show reboot. And yes with someone like Darabount or JJ Abrams.
    Mother was a very, very divisive film with an "f" cinemascore rating. It was marketed as a home invasion thriller and was instead a bizarre religious allegory.

A faithful DT movie could go either way. That the one we got flopped doesn't mean any version would. It flopped because it pretty much failed on all accounts; it alienated the hardcore fans, it didn't grab the attention of casual viewers, and the critics hated it. It was also a disaster behind the scenes apparently. It was clear no one knew how to handle the property.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    And if the movie was more faithful to the books it would of made even less money. Just look at Mother! it floped. Original films just do go well with General audiences anymore. DT is just too weird an IP for adaptation. Sadly. But still hoping for a niche TV show reboot. And yes with someone like Darabount or JJ Abrams.
    Mother was a very, very divisive film with an "f" cinemascore rating. It was marketed as a home invasion thriller and was instead a bizarre religious allegory.

A faithful DT movie could go either way. That the one we got flopped doesn't mean any version would. It flopped because it pretty much failed on all accounts; it alienated the hardcore fans, it didn't grab the attention of casual viewers, and the critics hated it. It was also a disaster behind the scenes apparently. It was clear no one knew how to handle the property.
    I thought Mother! Was good. Hahaha. But yes. Someone like Darabount or Abrams would have to do it. Like you said in the past A No country for Old men type of tone would be great for DT.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...-movie-sequel/
    Stephen King adaptation The Dark Tower may have been obliterated by the critics, but its star Idris Elba is gun(sling)ing for a sequel.

Elba played “the last Gunslinger” Roland Deschain in the 2017 movie, which also starred Matthew McConaughey as his nemesis Walter O’Dim. It has a rating of just 16% on Rotten Tomatoes, with film critics calling it “lifeless”, “a dud” and “turgid cinematic slop”.

Despite those awful reviews, many Stephen King fans were more positive and the movie still made more than $110 million at the box office. Now, could we actually be about to see a sequel?

A TV version of The Dark Tower has already been announced, as producers hoped to create a cross-platform cinematic and TV universe drawing on King’s eight-part book series. Sure, details are still hazy: at this point it’s not clear if Elba will star in the small-screen version or if it’s more of a prequel. But this may not be all…

“I think any TV series that is an offshoot from the film can have more time to explore some themes,” Elba tells RadioTimes.com.

“I’d personally prefer to do another Dark Tower film, exploring some more of the gunslinger – as a film.”

And apparently there’s a realistic prospect of this happening: “I don’t know much about where they are with the TV show – but I think there’s definitely talks to try and do another one.”

For now, Elba has other things on his radar. The actor is about to launch into four more episodes of Luther, and he is currently starring in The Mountain Between Us alongside Kate Winslet.

The “romance disaster survival film” tells the story of English surgeon Ben (Elba) and American photojournalist Alex (Winslet) who survive a plane crash and are stranded in the snowy mountains.

They bond, they argue and they help each other with their wounds as they struggle to survive and reach civilisation.

“The idea that complete strangers have to rely on each other as a theme is a good one,” Elba tells us.

“I’m glad that people can go away and watch this film and go, ‘Hm, what would I do?’ Because I think in this day and age you probably look at your phone more times than you look someone in the eyes. Right? And that’s not how it was designed to be.”

Of course, up in the mountains Ben and Alex have no phone signal to summon help. They are completely disconnected from the rest of the world.

“I think that a film like this, which doesn’t have any green screens or any major plots or anything like that, it’s quite a simple story,” Elba says. “I think the take-home is, ‘I wonder what I would do actually?’ And I’m proud to be part of a film that asks those questions, makes people think a bit more.

“I think our evolution is being altered by the fact that we’re so technically – we rely on technology and we rely on phones for communication, where empathy has been sidelined.”

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It flopped because it pretty much failed on all accounts; it alienated the hardcore fans, it didn't grab the attention of casual viewers, and the critics hated it. It was also a disaster behind the scenes apparently. It was clear no one knew how to handle the property.
    Maybe the only way to do a DT movie right is to do it wrong first and go from there...step one complete!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Traveler wonderings will become famous soon enough

So got around to finally watching the Dark Tower movie yesterday night. My expectations were low and have to say, they were not low enough. Terrible adaptation of the story we all love so much. They took a complex story that is not really suited for the big screen and added the usual hollywood garbage... aka Jake has some deep hidden power and will be the one who can save the Tower which is now the only thing protecting everyone from the great evil. Talk about dumbing it all down.

Acting was ok, the man in black, well he needs someone else to play that role. I never got feeling of the walking dude, somewhat likeable at first but you always know something is wrong, something deep and evil. They really seemed to be all over the map, I would have much preferred staying true to the first book, a screen with Roland going after Walter. Instead they dropped in little things from the books here and there.

TV is the obvious choice for this story. The Walking Dead is a perfect example in my opinion. They have built a great world, great character development and it is still going strong after 7 seasons.

Anyways, I was sad to see the adaptation was so poor and did not find it all that entertaining as a stand alone story, but it could just be because I was comparing it to the books... which I do need to reed again to clear my head!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Despite those awful reviews, many Stephen King fans were more positive
    In other worlds than these, maybe.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think someone said it best, it was a 90 minute "previously on" segment to a TV series finale.

Country
    Country Flag

I have to wonder how things would have gone if this had been made after 'It' came out. It was pretty obvious the studios had little faith in this and just half-assed it but now after 'It' it seems everyone's trying to ride the SK gravy train.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The movie is now released on DVD/Blurays etc
    >>> http://sites.sonypictures.com/thedar...?hs308=TDT133D
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The movie is now released on DVD/Blurays etc
    >>> http://sites.sonypictures.com/thedar...?hs308=TDT133D
    Redbox.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Purplesphere?
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Traveler wonderings will become famous soon enough

I have to wonder how things would have gone if this had been made after 'It' came out. It was pretty obvious the studios had little faith in this and just half-assed it but now after 'It' it seems everyone's trying to ride the SK gravy train.
    Not sure it would make a difference. The studio would have to have MASSIVE faith in the Dark Tower series to commit to the money and resources and writing that it would take to do it right. It is just to big for the theatres in my opinion.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://nerdist.com/stephen-king-the-...series-reboot/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hm. Will we end up seeing the series start from The Gunslinger? Perhaps.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Hm. Will we end up seeing the series start from The Gunslinger? Perhaps.
    NO question. Here is why... you need the support of the established fan base. They learned doing it "their way" doesn't work thus they will stay closer to the books. I also think they will be more careful in casting and choose actors lesser known that can commit to what would amount to probably 8-10 seasons of TV. This is AMAZING NEWS.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It's not news, though, this came out about a month ago: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1080146

Dunno why it's blowing up now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Not sure it would make a difference. The studio would have to have MASSIVE faith in the Dark Tower series to commit to the money and resources and writing that it would take to do it right. It is just to big for the theatres in my opinion.
    Well we're getting 'The Talisman' because off 'It' and that's a fairly ambitious fantasy story.

As it was with the original film the studios were passing it around like hot potato, halving the budget and cancelling it before we got what we did. Now they're going through King's library trying to find the next big thing.

My Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Well we're getting 'The Talisman' because off 'It' and that's a fairly ambitious fantasy story.

As it was with the original film the studios were passing it around like hot potato, halving the budget and cancelling it before we got what we did. Now they're going through King's library trying to find the next big thing.
    I'd like to see more short stories adapted, similar to Creepshow and Nightmares & Dreamscapes. There's a goldmine of stories just waiting for an adaptation.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Was having dinner at my boss’ house yesterday. One of his sons, who’s about to 10, asked me if I saw the Dark Tower. When his mom said “huh?” he proceeded to launch into a a description of the plot and seemed very excited to talk about it. I had made no mention of movies, books, The Dark Tower, or Stephen King. The movie is all he knows and he seems to like it. Was an unexpected conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see some good came from that god awful movie

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/171...r-of-mid-world
    Earlier this year, Stephen King fans and audiences around the globe took their first steps into Mid-World in Nikolaj Arcel's The Dark Tower, a sci-fi/fantasy hybrid that followed young Jake Chambers (Tom Taylor) on a mission between worlds to embark in the battle being waged between the Gunslinger (Idris Elba) and the Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey). The move felt... incomplete. And now that it is working it way to DVD and Blu-ray, we're seeing deleted scenes like the following, which could have filled in some crucial gaps.

This clip might not seem like an action-packed addition. But what it does do is show Jake exploring an unseen corner of Mid-World after arriving from our own Earth. He's looking for the man from his dreams, a gun-toting cowboy-type warrior named Roland (Idris Elba). And he stops in a tavern -- which probably isn't Tull, a town used in Stephen King's first book, but could serve as a representative of this important waystop on Roland's long journey.

The clip also goes to show that Nikolaj Arcel shot more material that didn't make the final cut of The Dark Tower, and now I'm pushing for him to get an extended director's cut to see what else should have been in the movie, but didn't make it past the proverbial knife of the editing booth. Shaping the Dark Tower into a workable story was always going to present challenges. There's a LOT of ground that needs to be covered in establishing the world of Roland, and the place that Jake assumes in it. Scenes like this, while small, provide welcome color and flavor to what is supposed to be a rich world. I'm glad we are finally getting to see it.

Will we get to see more? The future of The Dark Tower story is up in the air at the moment. The movie was supposed to spawn sequels, and maybe even a TV series. But this has been a mixed year for Stephen King fans. The adaptation of King's horror novel IT continues to crush at the box office. Nikolaj Arcel's The Dark Tower, though, didn't immediately connect with audiences as it tried to translate book one of King's eponymous Dark Tower saga to the big screen. And so future chapters are looked at as a gamble.

Who knows? Maybe if more people gravitate to The Dark Tower now that it is on home video, it will prove that interest exists, and further stories need to be told. We will find out, in time. The Dark Tower 4K, Blu-ray and DVD will be on stands on Tuesday, October 31.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I know some of you think the whole movie is a blooper, but...Exclusive: The Dark Tower Blooper Reel Released

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I know some of you think the whole movie is a blooper, but...Exclusive: The Dark Tower Blooper Reel Released
    Thanks Bev... but holy cow in the sky its as lifeless as the movie was...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 254 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 ... LastLast