Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 254 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am happy to be the only one who is quite sad about it.
    Agreed.

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not much into King-adaptations. I love the DT books, but whatever they do with this series is ok with me. I'm not even sure I'll be watching...
    The only advantage I see the books being re-printed - and King gaining more popularity - and maybe DT 8 soon??

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice klio is on a distinguished road klio's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Im not happy and optimistic about this. probably i wont watch it.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by klio View Post
    There is only one day I'll watch it. If Melike and Brice and some others watch it and they say it's good. Not okay... or not too bad... just if it's said by many DT junkies it's good.
    Anyway I won't risk.

Roland would have understood.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

There is only one day I'll watch it. If Melike and Brice and some others watch it and they say it's good. Not okay... or not too bad... just if it's said by many DT junkies it's good.
    Anyway I won't risk.
    I understand you Letti. But I believe I will not be capable of not watching it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All I can think about is the adaptations of The Stand and IT. I hated those TV series and think they really took away from the greatness of those books. I will say I had the same fears when I heard they were making Lord of the Rings into movies. I didn't see anyway they could pull that off. We will see I guess but I am not getting my hopes up that the movies/TV series will do the story justice.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why wouldn't you watch it, tough? If you don't like it, so be it. If you do, great.

Another story: http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/04/...gs-dark-tower/

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally will watch it, out of curiosity. It will never ruin anything for me; how could
    it?

I also want to be able to verbally abuse it with my friends here.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I personally will watch it, out of curiosity. It will never ruin anything for me; how could
    it?

Same for me.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It could also be that they'll make the movies that would lead into a TV series?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I can only hope they don't do it. Most King adaptations are terrible. To do the DT series properly is virtually impossible.

John

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Love it or hate it, it was bound to happen. And we'll all watch it I am sure.
    Then back on here, rip it to shreds no doubt!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Shouldn't we just be happy that Mick Garris isnt anywhere near this series? Hahhaha
    Interesting idea of having a movie setup a tv show.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Interesting idea of having a movie setup a tv show.
    Hope it doesn't descent into a Kung-Fu-esque type of thing....with Eddie as "Glasshopper"

ugh
    Calla Wolf

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I vote for Viggo for Roland!!

And the guy who played Kirk in the new Star Trek movie for young Roland..

I kinda like Christopher Walken as The Man In Black
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it?

Same for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Color me skeptical, but this could very well be a disaster waiting to happen. Three books is way too little for such a huge series, and there'd have to be a lot of changes to make it work especially as King writes himself and his other books into the series.
    For that very reason, I think that changes are obligatory for any adaptation of TDT. Simply putting the existing story from the novels onto film would be ignorant of the whole nature of the metafiction theme. Have the director involved! ...why not? Re-makes that are afraid to do anything orginal practically always stink, anyhow.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just hoping that everyone involved this contracts syphillis or something.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

It was always inevitable matey, we all knew that

It was just a question of who and when

I STILL think it should have been an animated series
    Calla Wolf

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway I won't risk.
    Brice is waiting for yours and Melike's opinions before he watches it. Until that day he hopes all involved in the project contract syphillis...or worse.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sure, he could use a British accent, why not?

And to me, the above pic just shows the guys chops.
    Sure. He is certainly able to change his accent. Very talented man! (Not that I'm actually in favor of him as Roland, personally...)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A TRILOGY?????

This cannot end well. Damn.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose this should get merged with the thread in The Oracle?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I like the DT movie that runs in my head.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I like the DT movie that runs in my head.
    Well, sure. I think that we can all agree with that.
    The DT movie that runs in Woofer's head is great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 254 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast