Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 254 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 'discussions' going on.
    In a whopping deal coming together quickly, Stephen King, Imagine Entertainment and Weed Road are in discussions
    If the filming started tomorrow (which isn't happening) it would be months.
    Hope, but don't bet on it.
    I think this is a thread for The Oracle .
    Thanks for sharing.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Personally I wonder how they're going to accomplish it--how are they going to do justice to the series by making only three films (and what is going to be the makeup of the TV series--will that be based on the comics, or what)?

I don't know how it'll play out, or if it'll be any good, but I'm certainly going to be looking at this closely....

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see any way to do the series as a trilogy and do it any sort of justice. I can see how The Gunslinger and maybe even Song of Susannah could be bought into a film with another book, but that would still leave five tales needing their own movie.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

All I have to say is

Traveler anima13 is on a distinguished road anima13's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's just hope they don't butcher it like many book-based movies..

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't see any way to do the series as a trilogy and do it any sort of justice. I can see how The Gunslinger and maybe even Song of Susannah could be bought into a film with another book, but that would still leave five tales needing their own movie.
    I can KIND of see it, but not with 100% clarity....

I imagine the first film would go up to about halfway into The Waste Lands, where Jake and Oy complete the ka-tet, but I'm not sure where the second breaking point would be, between the second and third films, not just offhand. I imagine it would be somewhere in the vicinity of Wolves of the Calla, but I don't know if it would be at the beginning (with that volume being part of the third movie--tonewise that makes sense), at the end (with that volume being part of the second movie--lengthwise THAT makes sense), or in the middle (breaking that fifth volume in two and dividing it between the two films--but breaking it WHERE?)....

I also imagine there would be a lot of cutting and rearranging, but I don't know how much fat they can trim without cutting into the heart of the story (and again, unless the TV series is for the past stuff, flashbacks and comics and such, I don't know WHAT it's for)....

If I were making a trilogy of DT films I'd probably call them The Gunslinger, The Waste Lands, and The Dark Tower, according to my scenario....

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Color me skeptical, but this could very well be a disaster waiting to happen. Three books is way too little for such a huge series, and there'd have to be a lot of changes to make it work especially as King writes himself and his other books into the series.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a little concerned that they might ruin it, but still
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

a trilogy?!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Angelic

EDIT: This post is now obsolete, as the threads have been merged.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ron Howard? this could actually turn out ok....
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am happy to be the only one who is quite sad about it.

Roland would have understood.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im soooooo very excited about this and im very interested to see how they split the books into 3 films

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My opinion: if a motion picture deal had to be made it should have gone to Peter Jackson cum suis

But I will be watching any DT movie/TV series nevertheless.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All I know is this place is going to be FLOODED with people when those movies come out.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I vote (yet again) for Viggo Mortensen to play Roland

My thinking is:

3 x 3 hour films
    Film 1 - Books 1 and 2 + half of book 3
    Film 2 - Book 4 (with the whole love story thing taking no more than 30 mins) and Book 5
    Film 3 - Book 6 + 7
    DVD Extras include Sisters of Eluria story, filmed as a stand alone episode
    Calla Wolf

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still holding out for Huge Laurie

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I don't know even what to feel about it! I was so pessimistic that I would never live enough to see Dark Tower on screen. The possibility of the story being ruined bothers me, too. But still it is like a dream.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

HMMMMMMM

Facially, I guess I can see it
    But the accent........................ugh
    Unless he were to use his own voice.....after all, nowhere in the book does it say Roland has an American accent......
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    No way. He will always be this guy to us in the UK...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure, he could use a British accent, why not?

And to me, the above pic just shows the guys chops.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

seven books into 3 films? I'm scared.

Traveler Celtic Bear is on a distinguished road Celtic Bear's Avatar

“I have the heart of a small boy. And I keep it in a jar on my desk.”

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    No way. He will always be this guy to us in the UK...

I give you... The Man In Black:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 254 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast