Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 254 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    These guys are hilarious. I love how they spend half the video simply arguing with each other.

I don't shoot with my wrist, I pull from my thigh.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Along the Path of the Beam SpyGuy will become famous soon enough SpyGuy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyGuy View Post
    Useless movie trailer factoid:

The chimes heard at the beginning of the Dark Tower trailer are from the Colonel's (Lee Van Cleef's) pocket watch in "For A Few Dollars More." (1965)
    I said this about three pages ago and everyone ignored me.

Edit: I looked and it was actually on page 199 of this thread.
    -ignores the post- :p

Just teasing... Good, someone else who was into the old spaghetti Westerns, too.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

“in the books, it’s never said that Roland Deschain is a Caucasian person”
    So is King forgetting the entirety of Detta's hatred for him because he was white, or the times when he's been compared as looking like Clint Eastwood or in DT6 when its said that he could pass as being King's father?

I know you're trying to sell the project but this is just flat-out bullshit. Just say "It's different from the books but Idris was the best actor for the role regardless of race".
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Along the Path of the Beam SpyGuy will become famous soon enough SpyGuy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I does believes Miss Detta's DE-scription of Roland an' Eddie was "Honky mafahs" ... an' since "mafahs" be de plural, I be t'inkin' she referrin' to BOF of dem ... Maybe dat's jus' me, tho.

Regardless of that, I just want to see some of those badass reloading tricks.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unless Detta is gonna be a white supremacists...

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bet you dollars to donuts that in the slim chance we do get DotT the character of Detta will be significantly toned down or removed completely (that is to say she'll be Susannah from the getgo). Even if the point of the character was that she was a caricature people will still be shitting themselves over it.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Even if the point of the character was that she was a caricature people will still be shitting themselves over it.
    To be fair, the societal climate of 2017 (and beyond) is different from that of 1987. A knee jerk reaction is understandable.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bet you dollars to donuts that in the slim chance we do get DotT the character of Detta will be significantly toned down or removed completely (that is to say she'll be Susannah from the getgo). Even if the point of the character was that she was a caricature people will still be shitting themselves over it.
    Honestly I'm OK with that. Detta's caricature persona was a little grating after a while. Every time I reread DotT I breathe a huge sigh of relief once she's out of the picture.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Honestly I'm OK with that. Detta's caricature persona was a little grating after a while. Every time I reread DotT I breathe a huge sigh of relief once she's out of the picture.
    I honesty get a hugh sigh of relief whenever I finish DT2 on my rereads. Its a Great book. But its always nice when the Ka Tet survives that hellish beach and Detta. Roland's not sick anymore..etc till the Jake problem lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree (it was easier on the audio tapes to get a feel for what/how she was pronouncing things). BTAIM, when in King's own words she calls/describes Roland a "honky", then King has described Roland as a "white guy".
    People writing articles that say that King never described Roland as a "Caucasian" haven't read the books. I'd call that sloppy 'net journalism.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The other consideration to keep in mind is that film Odetta/Detta/Susannah might not originate from the 1960s. Detta's Mandingo/Butterfly McQueen routine is cartoonish enough when the dominant personality originates from the Civil Rights era. However, if she comes from the same timeframe as film Jake? The 21st century? It'll be downright farcical...positively obscene.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They published the statement "in the books, it’s never said that Roland Deschain is a Caucasian person" in quotes as if someone actually said that. The only thing a Google search returns is the Empire article. So who made that statement? King? Elba? Some douche at Empire?

I'm calling shenanigans on this.

In the books he was white; get over it. In the adaptation of the books for the movie he's black; get over it.

What's the point of even bringing this up. Fuck Empireonline's opinion. It's a shit article anyway.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

It's an exclusive interview with King so he was the one who said it.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://screenrant.com/dark-tower-tv-show-idris-elba/
    The long-proposed The Dark Tower television spinoff is still on track, and Idris Elba will almost certainly be involved. For the past ten years, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, and Akiva Goldsman have been working on not only bringing Stephen King’s The Dark Tower book series to the big screen, but the small one as well. Long before Marvel had a shared film and television universe, the plan was for The Dark Tower to bounce back and forth between a film and season of TV. The idea sounded audacious at the time, but with the first movie finally arriving next month and the entertainment landscape changed, the Dark Tower TV show is still on track.

Before the movie can jump to TV, however, it needs to prove there’s an audience. The international Dark Tower trailer has continued to sell the adaptation, while everything from Dark Tower posters to a Funko line has been trying to get fans and newcomers excited for what could be the next big blockbuster franchise. In anticipation of the film’s success, it looks like the television show is moving along and will borrow at least one star from the film.

Deadline spoke with Goldsman, who’s both producing and co-writing The Dark Tower. According to him, not only has work begun on the TV spinoff, but Elba is very much involved:

“The first episode of a show has been written, and we hope to retain Ron’s original idea to mix platforms, something that seemed revolutionary 10 years ago but now is something that others have done. Idris for sure is part of this, and if the movie is Roland Deschain the gunslinger, the show is his origin story, based on the fourth novel in the series, Wizard and Glass.”

Elba is no stranger to TV, having made a name for himself with shows like Luther and The Wire. Thanks to his ability to walk that line, it’s not hard to see him co-starring in a Dark Tower TV show on a premium network. It’s also exciting to hear the first episode is already written, meaning the minds behind the series are confident enough to start testing the waters.

We’ve known for years that Wizard and Glass would serve as the first season of a TV show. Since most of it is told in a flashback that details a major part of the Gunslinger’s origin, it makes sense for a spinoff. While it can borrow from the film and feature bookends with Elba, the entire cast and setting would be brand new. It would also allow new viewers to dive into the universe without necessarily having to see the Dark Tower movie first.

While Star Wars and Marvel have both used TV and film to tell stories, The Dark Tower would still be pioneering in continuing one specific tale across the two mediums. While it seemed like a pipe dream to fans all those years ago, the imminent arrival of The Dark Tower in theaters makes it all the more plausible.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I agree (it was easier on the audio tapes to get a feel for what/how she was pronouncing things). BTAIM, when in King's own words she calls/describes Roland a "honky", then King has described Roland as a "white guy".
    People writing articles that say that King never described Roland as a "Caucasian" haven't read the books. I'd call that sloppy 'net journalism.
    I believe "Honky Mofo" was the exact terminology!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Less than three weeks remain. I am almost saddened that our Speculation Train nears the end of the line.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Comic Con event : IGN and Sony Present The Dixie Pig
    >>> http://sdccblog.com/event/ign-and-so...the-dixie-pig/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Weird that no hats are allowed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Weird that no hats are allowed.
    The event organizers probably do not want Roland feeling inadequate.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

18 days away.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

The runtime is 95 minutes

Source: http://collider.com/dark-tower-movie-runtime/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    The runtime is 95 minutes

Source: http://collider.com/dark-tower-movie-runtime/
    Damn. A one-hundred and twenty minute runtime as a baseline was (I suppose still is) my preference. The best I can hope for now is that this film is quality for all of those ninety-five minutes AND makes audiences eager to watch another "The Dark Tower" film plus the accompanying television series.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.inverse.com/article/3426...h-stephen-king
    The Man in Black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed, and it will only take like like 95 minutes for him to catch up. Earlier today, the British Board of Film Classification rated Sony’s upcoming movie The Dark Tower, which stars Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey in a continuation of Stephen King’s magnum opus, with some rudimentary details such as the film’s genre, plot summary, and release date. However, of most significance is its confirmed runtime of 95 minutes, which is pretty short for an epic fantasy based on what King considers to be his greatest work.

Length doesn’t always mean quality — just look at Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice from last year — but it is curious that Nikolaj Arcel’s The Dark Tower, which has languished in development hell for at least a decade, is coming up pretty short in its runtime. Typically the 90-minute range is reserved for romantic comedies or children’s movies, not genre-bending apocalyptic fantasies based on a series spanning eight books and written by one of the most popular authors of all time.

However, even if The Dark Tower isn’t as long as Lord of the Rings or anything from Marvel, its 95-minute runtime hopefully means it’s a tight, well-plotted movie free from bloat. At 95 minutes, The Dark Tower may end up in the same class as great films under two hours, such as Toy Story, A History of Violence, Trainspotting, Reservoir Dogs, and even Stand By Me, another film based on a Stephen King book.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The more info. we find out, the more I find myself not getting excited for this.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 254 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 ... LastLast