Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 254 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I was at a mall today looking around and it's really disappointing to see how many other movies, tv shows and even Internet memes I can find merchandise for but there is zero for the DT movie. No t-shirts, action figures, nothing. The best I found was a display of the books with "now a major motion picture" on the covers. Does this stuff usually come out after the movie hits mainstream media?

FWIW there are going to be several different DT toys like Funko Pops of Roland and Walter.
    I was looking for the funko pops until I finally checked and saw they aren't out yet.
    Yeah, I notice that today actually when checking out Zavvi's sale. On the plus side they were quite early in the listing.

You would think there would have been more advertisements for the film at this stage though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There haven't been much in the way of movie trailers or TV ads for "IT" either. That film is generating "online buzz", which is maybe what TPTB are looking for to happen. That being said, we may be able to help support the film by getting as much out there online as possible? Call me a newbie!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be spamming the HELL out of my facebook page bugging people to go and support the movie lol.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm going to be spamming the HELL out of my facebook page bugging people to go and support the movie lol.

Great!!! How about other sites? Reddits? I'm not as good as you folks at navigating the web, but we can get the word out, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

The TV spots have playing frequency on YouTube Latey. Its great.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed the ~2 minute trailer yesterday and today in a theater prior to the main film starting.

Jumbled mess. A DT fan would understand, but I don't think the average person is going to be compelled to see it.

My wife just shrugged.

August is the dumping ground for films. It doesn't bode well.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think it's going to bomb hard and that sucks but I'm not completely without hope.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    People said that "January" was the dumping ground. Then, that changed to February.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    People said that "January" was the dumping ground. Then, that changed to February.
    There are a few. January, February, August and September.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dump_months
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Traveler OldDarth is on a distinguished road

August is considered the wild spot month now. The first Guardians movie premiered in August.

IT will definitely do better and probably be the better movie but I am way more excited for the Dark Tower. You know what you are gonna get with IT. The DT movie has a much bigger canvas to play with.

With the exception of Wonder Woman, this year's crop of summer movies have been underwhelming. Outside of Spidey and Apes, Dark Tower is looking very enticing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldDarth View Post
    The DT movie has a much bigger canvas to play with.
    Right here is precisely why I am intrigued enough to make the pilgrimage to my local movie theater. Not only does the Horn fit in neatly with the established nature of The Dark Tower's universe, it also was/is a great reason to shake things up from a filmmaker's perspective. We call that a "win-win".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldDarth View Post
    The DT movie has a much bigger canvas to play with.
    Right here is precisely why I am intrigued enough to make the pilgrimage to my local movie theater. Not only does the Horn fit in neatly with the established nature of The Dark Tower's universe, it also was/is a great reason to shake things up from a filmmaker's perspective. We call that a "win-win".

Precisely!!! I just hope they don't fuck it up!!! lol It has a LOT of potential in my eyes.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so glad they chose to approach this film in this manner as a "continuation" rather than an adaption.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Traveler OldDarth is on a distinguished road

Love it. "Darkness is your weapon. Guns are mine."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I fucking love that shot of Roland and Jake @ 0:25 aiming their guns at the unseen threat.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have such high hopes for this... I really really do. I hope it is so so good... it sits in my top 10 or even top 5 fav movies of all time
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I fucking love that shot of Roland and Jake @ 0:25 aiming their guns at the unseen threat.
    That is Jake? I perceived the other shooter to be Steven Deschain.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is Jake? I perceived the other shooter to be Steven Deschain.
    Jake for me too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For your consideration.........................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I wonder if they are stuck between making a good trailer and getting people interested and not giving away all the good parts of the movie before it's released. Or is that maybe wishful thinking?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 254 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 ... LastLast