2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 76.64%
  • No

25 23.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204
Results 5,076 to 5,083 of 5083

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Citizen of Gilead Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb is a jewel in the rough Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If there is one... They broke ka-tet,.. bastard's

Iím not a clown Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad has a brilliant future Ben Staad's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a different ka-tet. Move along, Sai Sheb. This is a whole different cycle.

(Just kidding in a way, Good Sir.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    If there is one... They broke ka-tet,.. bastard's
    Move along. Nothing to see here.

Gunslinger Apprentice TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the movie gets big box office presence but flops, I can already see Marlan Wayans getting ready to play Roland in the comedy spin off. Please, oh mighty ones of the movies, let this one be good enough to not get a comedy redux. I can only imagine what they'd title it. Dark Showers? The Stark Flower? The Dark Skyscraper? ......
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L
    Mister Slaughter S/L
    Boy's Life Lettered

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of Mr. Rabbit Trick has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    If the movie gets big box office presence but flops, I can already see Marlan Wayans getting ready to play Roland in the comedy spin off. Please, oh mighty ones of the movies, let this one be good enough to not get a comedy redux. I can only imagine what they'd title it. Dark Showers? The Stark Flower? The Dark Skyscraper? ......
    Has "Family Guy" done it yet?
    I have PS - Thinner Signed/Lettered for Sale. Trade or Swap. Layaway possible
    I have PS - Skeleton Crew Signed/Lettered for Sale, Trade or Swap. Layaway possible

Gunslinger Apprentice TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That would be fun to see.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L
    Mister Slaughter S/L
    Boy's Life Lettered

Maerlyn's Imp Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode is just really nice Iwritecode's Avatar

TDT hasn't entered pop culture yet. If it does well and they make 3 or 4 movies, maybe.

They have done an entire episode where they spoof like 3 or 4 of his movies. Stand By Me, Misery and Shawshank IIRC.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    TDT hasn't entered pop culture yet. If it does well and they make 3 or 4 movies, maybe.

They have done an entire episode where they spoof like 3 or 4 of his movies. Stand By Me, Misery and Shawshank IIRC.
    You remember correctly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kings_(Family_Guy)
    Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank
    DT II Blank
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Traveler wonderings will become famous soon enough

No Eddie, Susannah, or Oy... can't help but feel bummed as well. Still excited and will watch with an open mind, but no Ka-tet, just seems, well, again bummer.
    I think even if they were to put them in the next movie, it will not be the same. Movies are not the best place for telling intricate stories, they are flash in the pan stories. You could never get into the complexities of Eddie or Susannah in one movie and would almost need stand alone films to delve into them individually. With the way TV is these days I would prefer TDT to be told in that format. Walking Dead is a prime example of what good can be done across 7 seasons and counting. You could explore characters, as well as the wind variety of worlds and locations they run into in the books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204