Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 254 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Mine has music playing backwards and says "system reset hello world freedom is a lie she sold her soul for a dream long dead
    You're talking about www.sombragroup.com?
    Are you on a pc, tablet, or smartphone?

I'm on an android phone and there's no sound...but, the first time I go to that page an officer friendly-type image flashes briefly before it goes to the "test-pattern" already described.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on PC. Had to close it because its a little freaky

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I can imagine...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03...ing-dark-tower
    Director Mike Flanagan, who made the horror films Oculus and Hush, has told the Shock Waves podcast that he wants to tackle a film in the planned Dark Tower franchise, which is based on Stephen King’s series of fantasy novels. Filmmaker Nikolaj Arcel (A Royal Affair) is currently directing the first movie in the series in South Africa with a cast which includes Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey.

“For me, The Dark Tower is a dream project,” Flanagan explained to Shock Waves hosts Rebekah McKendry, Rob Galluzzo, and Elric Kane. “My favorite [book] is number four. Wizard and Glass, I want it. But we’ll have to see.”

Flanagan also discussed at length his proposed adaptation of another King book, 1992’s Gerald’s Game.

“The big one that I’ve been pushing uphill now for a year-and-a-half, maybe longer, is… Gerald’s Game, which I got permission to do after Oculus came out,” said the director. “The rub with Gerald’s Game is, if you’ve read the book, it’s a woman and her husband go to their lakehouse, miles from anywhere, to kind of spice up their love-life. He handcuffs her to a bed, he promptly dies of a heart attack, and the woman is her handcuffed to the bed for days. So, it’s 127 Hours-meets-Gravity. But, when you talk about minimalism, this is a challenge. When I first read the book, I thought it was unfilmable and it took me 10 years to find a structure that I was like, ‘This will work.’ And so, Jeff [Howard, Flanagan’s Oculus cowriter] and I wrote the script, King loved the script, and we were all set to go. It’s just been a nightmare to try to get it up off the ground, because I can’t get people passed this idea that it’s a movie about a woman handcuffed to a bed.”

Flanagan revealed that the project could take flight at Netflix, which debuted Flanagan’s slasher movie Hush last April. “I thought the project was in danger of total stagnation for a while, and Hush really shook it awake again, because King loved Hush, and Netflix loved Hush, like Netflix loved the way it was performing. And so Netflix showed up and they were like, ‘You know what we have a lot of? Money. You know what we don’t have a lot of? [New] movies. You know, what we like to do is take risks on movies. It doesn’t matter to us if you don’t think you can get the movie into multiplexes. Hush worked. We’ve got you and Stephen King. Maybe we want to do it at a price-point that a studio wouldn’t.’ So, I don’t know if that’s happening and I don’t want to put the cart before the horse. But, yeah, the project is alive again because of that and so we’re having those conversations.”

You can her Flanagan talk more about his career, his forthcoming horror sequel Ouija 2, and his planned I Know What You Did Last Summer reboot, on the latest episode of Shock Waves.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

When I tweeted this earlier, the director responded with this photo:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Mine has music playing backwards and says "system reset hello world freedom is a lie she sold her soul for a dream long dead
    You're talking about www.sombragroup.com?
    Are you on a pc, tablet, or smartphone?

I'm on an android phone and there's no sound...but, the first time I go to that page an officer friendly-type image flashes briefly before it goes to the "test-pattern" already described.

I swore it said "Paul is dead...".

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry, I'm fine.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I accessed it on Android phone when it first came about but now I just get a gray screen!!! Very infuriating...

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://sombragroup.com.w3snoop.com/
    Anyone make sense of this ???

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    http://sombragroup.com.w3snoop.com/
    Anyone make sense of this ???
    Yes.

It's (currently) worth ~$10

Country
    Country Flag

I've had sandwiches worth more than that...

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oculus was alright. I am watching Hush right now.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    When I tweeted this earlier, the director responded with this photo:

He seems to be really into SK
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This guy loves the Dark Tower like we do... he might kill it..... I really think this will be good. I FEEL IT!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not saying a single thing!!! lol

Spoiler:
    I have a "higher standard to maintain".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rumor has it Junkie XL (Batman v. Superman, Mad Max: Fury Road) will score The Dark Tower: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/po...4878&forumID=1

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Rumor has it Junkie XL (Batman v. Superman, Mad Max: Fury Road) will score The Dark Tower: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/po...4878&forumID=1
    Also did the first Divergent movie which, the music was one of the best things about it.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Do you think King will appear in The Dark Tower at some point?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    nope. Not as King.. he wanted to write himself out of the books he said one... as a re-write. I am sure Bev could really give some good info on this though
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    nope. Not as King.. he wanted to write himself out of the books he said one... as a re-write. I am sure Bev could really give some good info on this though
    If I knew anything, I certainly wouldn't be able to say anything. If I knew anything. Which I don't.

Country
    Country Flag

If I knew anything, I certainly wouldn't be able to say anything. If I knew anything. Which I don't.
    I was referring to King back in the day saying he would like to someday do over the last books and take him self out... haha you cannot talk about that?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I was referring to King back in the day saying he would like to someday do over the last books and take him self out... haha you cannot talk about that?
    Oh, that -- I can't imagine that it's something that he'll ever do. He also talked about revising DT2-4 to bring them up to the same state as the revised DT1, but I doubt he'll ever do that, either. He says it might be interesting work for him, but not so much for readers since the changes would be minor.

I love that Answer. Thanks.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He said in an interview 1-2 months ago that he wouldnt.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Apart from The A did SK make other appearances in his films?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 254 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast