Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 254 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    It premiered in the UK yesterday, although I've yet to see it. Hoping to see it next week with a friend.

It's not promising Lilja doesn't like it. (I didn't read all the review as I noticed it was getting spoilerific but I read enough to get his view.) No offence to him, but he seems to review most things positively. (That I've noticed. I haven't been there for a while.) Not that seeing the good side is a bad thing in this world. God knows there are plenty of negative people. (Not thinking of anyone here, just in general.)

Anyway, expectations adjusted. I'll see how it goes.
    Don't waste your money. It was worse than bad!
    So much for "Judge it yourself."
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Just out of interest, what were we up to with links to other King movies? I only saw It ,cujo, the shinning and 1408...
    I'm not sure if this is a subtle nod to It or a fan (me) seeing what he wants to see: when Roland and Jake are sitting around the campfire and Jake's map of the Tower and the guardians, Roland pushes a tarantula inside the circle. He tells Jake that would happen if the Tower were to fall. Isn't that where It is from?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Just out of interest, what were we up to with links to other King movies? I only saw It ,cujo, the shinning and 1408...
    I'm not sure if this is a subtle nod to It or a fan (me) seeing what he wants to see: when Roland and Jake are sitting around the campfire and Jake's map of the Tower and the guardians, Roland pushes a tarantula inside the circle. He tells Jake that would happen if the Tower were to fall. Isn't that where It is from?
    And another
    spoiler
    also did I see a Buick?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    So much for "Judge it yourself."
    I will still do so. Good or bad, I think it'll be a worthwhile venture.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In France, the movies are being released on webnedays.
    2 weeks after the release, TDT will apparently only be available in 2 cinemas for the Paris area...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

There was a nod to Salem's Lot by placing a shop called Barlow and Strakers in the background during a New York scene and also reference to Shawshank Redemption by having a Rita Hayworth poster on the wall during another scene.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't had the words to describe the vitriol that this movie inspired within me until now. I had high hopes for the film despite the instinctive uneasiness that I felt having something I have had so much passion for over the years be adapted for the big screen. I was not one of the early naysayers, refusing to give the film a chance. In fact, I felt very open-minded going into the theater, prepared to judge the film based on its own merits. That said, I have never been more disappointed in a movie. I enjoyed the first 15 minutes or so, while the film was setting the stage, but I quickly felt like things were moving entirely too fast. Jake's character was serviceable at best, but I could not bring myself to identify with Idris as Roland. That is not to say he did a poor job of acting, it just was not Roland. Not even close. Matthew Mchaunahey (spelling? lol) was awful as the MIB. I did not care about any of the characters, having not been developed at all. The story was so disjointed and abstract that, had I not read the books, I would have been completely lost. About halfway through the movie, it became apparent to me, much too my dismay, that they intended to play out the story all the way to the end. I was completely checked out from that point on, and literally spent the last 15 minutes or so waiting for the movie to be over so I could just go home. The best analogy I can make is this: If you took all of the movies in the Star Wars oeuvre, and condensed it into 90 minutes, and made the story only relevant to Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Leia, yet continue to throw in random snapshots of say Jabba, Jar Jar, Ewoks etc with no explanation whatsoever, then you might have something that would be as disappointing to a Star Wars fanatic as this movie was to me.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    There was a nod to Salem's Lot by placing a shop called Barlow and Strakers in the background during a New York scene and also reference to Shawshank Redemption by having a Rita Hayworth poster on the wall during another scene.
    Barlow and straker.. I was wondering where I new that from... Shit, can't believe I didn't get it! Thank you my dear, I couldn't have done it without you...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I haven't had the words to describe the vitriol that this movie inspired within me until now. I had high hopes for the film despite the instinctive uneasiness that I felt having something I have had so much passion for over the years be adapted for the big screen. I was not one of the early naysayers, refusing to give the film a chance. In fact, I felt very open-minded going into the theater, prepared to judge the film based on its own merits. That said, I have never been more disappointed in a movie. I enjoyed the first 15 minutes or so, while the film was setting the stage, but I quickly felt like things were moving entirely too fast. Jake's character was serviceable at best, but I could not bring myself to identify with Idris as Roland. That is not to say he did a poor job of acting, it just was not Roland. Not even close. Matthew Mchaunahey (spelling? lol) was awful as the MIB. I did not care about any of the characters, having not been developed at all. The story was so disjointed and abstract that, had I not read the books, I would have been completely lost. About halfway through the movie, it became apparent to me, much too my dismay, that they intended to play out the story all the way to the end. I was completely checked out from that point on, and literally spent the last 15 minutes or so waiting for the movie to be over so I could just go home. The best analogy I can make is this: If you took all of the movies in the Star Wars oeuvre, and condensed it into 90 minutes, and made the story only relevant to Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Leia, yet continue to throw in random snapshots of say Jabba, Jar Jar, Ewoks etc with no explanation whatsoever, then you might have something that would be as disappointing to a Star Wars fanatic as this movie was to me.
    You hit the nail on the head

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I have some doubts about the Box Office figures given by IMDB :
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/...ef_=tt_ql_dt_4

Are those cumulative or the number is the new one related to that specific date?
    Meaning :
    $41,673,047 (USA) (20 August 2017) That the total box office up to that date right?

That gives a very different meaning that I originally had : i thought that I could add them up, which would mean that the movie was profitable, but if it's not cumulative, it's a very different story, that would explain why Arcel is being pushed towards the exit.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Total box office to date per Box Office Mojo as of August 23rd is $73,291,337.

That's two days ago so it's probably closer to 80mil by now.

It's opening in other foreign markets this week so it's still very likely to hit the $100 mil mark. Whether that's enough to entice Sony to continue this venture is a different question altogether.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

It's opening in other foreign markets this week so it's still very likely to hit the $100 mil mark. Whether that's enough to entice Sony to continue this venture is a different question altogether.
    I imagine they will proceed.. BUT TV only... which is the way to do this right anyways...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I imagine they will proceed.. BUT TV only... which is the way to do this right anyways...
    Amen!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I imagine they will proceed..BUT TV only... which is the way to do this right anyways...
    Only for the "The Gunslinger" flashbacks plus "Wizard and Glass", or for the rest of the franchise as well?
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Traveler Keith1974 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It seems to be a common misconception with the reviewers who don't realize that this movie wasn't supposed to be all 8 books combined into one. That this was only supposed to be the start of a multiple movie series.

It also doesn't sound like they don't realize that the TV series is also going to be mostly based on one single book.
    You're writing as if the TV series is a done, committed deal. It isn't. It's something they've packaged and are shopping around, but there's been no takers and no official green light.

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An IMDb page by itself means very little. There's an IMDb page for the 'Let the Right One In' tv series and that never came to fruition beyond a rejected pilot.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Traveler Keith1974 will become famous soon enough

I believe they're called "placeholder" pages, and yep, many prospective productions have them. Until there's a joint press release from Sony and a TV channel announcing a deal has been signed and preproduction has begun, there IS no TV series, just a package that's being shopped around with a lot of unconfirmed Internet rumors surrounding it.

Honestly, while I would love to see a DT series, I hope the current creative team and cast is dropped and they start anew. There's precedent for this-----Buffy The Vampire Slayer, MASH-----where the original movie and subsequent TV series were considered separate takes on the same story.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We can only hope. The creative team, at fault, for this mess of a movie should be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith1974 View Post
    I believe they're called "placeholder" pages, and yep, many prospective productions have them. Until there's a joint press release from Sony and a TV channel announcing a deal has been signed and preproduction has begun, there IS no TV series, just a package that's being shopped around with a lot of unconfirmed Internet rumors surrounding it.

Honestly, while I would love to see a DT series, I hope the current creative team and cast is dropped and they start anew. There's precedent for this-----Buffy The Vampire Slayer, MASH-----where the original movie and subsequent TV series were considered separate takes on the same story.

Country
    Country Flag

Just so long as young Roland keeps the same general melanin count.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What difference would that make?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

What difference does any of it make... It's over, we waited, and waited and then got screwed... There will not be a TV series nor a sequel.. it's over now let's try and move on with our lives

Country
    Country Flag

melanin?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    melanin?
    "a dark brown to black pigment occurring in the hair, skin, and iris of the eye in people and animals. It is responsible for tanning of skin exposed to sunlight. "

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

In other words: whomever is playing Roland ought to look somewhat like a young Idris Elba.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 254 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 ... LastLast