Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 254 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    No Eddie and Susannah. I thought as much, and am completely fine with that decision.

While it is still too early in the game to get even a rough picture of the progression of events from start to finish, I am pleased that the filmmakers aren't trying to go overboard by introducing all the key players at once. Besides which, given how the story is unfolding in a different way, the new specific reasons(s) WHY Roland needs to draw the lovers out could be an intriguing one.

(Oy could still make a debut appearance, though. No word was given on him .)

My gut feeling is that after the first movie there will be less changes from the source material. The first book/movie is where they will take the most liberties, and then once they have a captive audience the sequels can roll truer to form.

Its the starting point and the introduction to the whole DT universe that is so hard to integrate into movie form, and changes had to be made and I can accept that.
    What you say sounds perfectly plausible, and I cannot say I wouldn't mind seeing some of the more adrenaline-soaked moments from The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands reproduced almost "frame for frame" on the silver screen.

If they mess with Eddie or Sussanah's characters too much (and I could care less about the color of their skin, I am talking personalities and backstory) then I think you will see a lot of the fans of the books walk out on the whole attempt and I wouldn't blame them.
    Such as making Eddie Dean a posh upper-New York playboy ?

--- --- ---

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Love that shot. Like everything I've seen so far.
    I am reminded of the cinematography in The Book of Eli. This is a boon.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To those of us seeing storm clouds on the horizon...might I suggest you chance reaching up to one of them and examining it more closely? You may just find a silver lining.

(If nothing else, this film is going to create more fans of the novels/comics.)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it's very Book of Eli ish. Cinematography is crucial, especially for the Mid World scenes. They must properly convey the size and scope of the Mid World desert.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ha
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The part around the Horn of Eld - "Vague spoiler warning" - LOL!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else Google The Dark Tower every single day to see if there are any new images or scraps of information released?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else Google The Dark Tower every single day to see if there are any new images or scraps of information released?

No, that's what my google alert is for
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Negative. That is what you fellas are for .

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I fluctuate on this quite often. I have come to not have expectations for this at all since so much of it is changing. I honestly prefer to not know a whole lot about it any more. I hear stuff about there being a Ted Braudigan like character that isn't Ted Braudigan and it just pisses me off. WTF does that even mean? But then I see pictures and that seems promising. I just don't know.

This is supposed to come out in Feb still? That's not much post production time. I doubt there will be a whole lot of cgi.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I somehow misplaced the bookmark for that DT movie website "Sombra Corp" I believe it was? I scanned back thru the thread, but could not locate it. Anyone have it? Is there anything happening there yet? Thx
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I somehow misplaced the bookmark for that DT movie website "Sombra Corp" I believe it was? I scanned back thru the thread, but could not locate it. Anyone have it? Is there anything happening there yet? Thx
    here it is:
    Sombra Group

still a control screen
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There is an app been released on the app stores today - search for "Sombra Group". It's a image scanner that reveals additional content when you scan the EW cover. If you want to be surprised, don't view the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Also, if anyone wants to read the full article, I have the current edition in electronic format - just PM me if interested.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://twitter.com/breznican/status/755370246316449792

Anther new EW article.

My important takeaways:

Katheryn Winnick is playing Jakes mom, and not some bastardized version of Susan.

Claudia Kim's character is going to be one of the Manni. I'm guessing that Roland enlists her help in moving between worlds. Could be a set-up for later in the movies when we get to Wolves. "I helped save your kid, now you help save ours" kind of thing.

The Bends o' the Rainbow will be introduced. Sounds like Walter will be in control of at least one but probably multiple orbs.

I really don't understand this line when discussing The Wind Through the Keyhole: "The main thing from that the movie borrows from this particular book is the idea that fantasy has the power to bend reality."

Also not entirely sure what this means when discussing Wolves: "The shift in this book to include more sci-fi elements beyond the mythology’s use of straight-up magic is also something the film version explores."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Also not entirely sure what this means when discussing Wolves: "The shift in this book to include more sci-fi elements beyond the mythology’s use of straight-up magic is also something the film version explores."
    I would guess the sci-fi elements they are referring to are the robot wolves on the robot horses dressed up like Dr. Doom and throwing Harry Potter sneetches. Prior to this book the characters had only been known to use actual magic. Like Rhea or Walter.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

https://twitter.com/breznican/status/755370246316449792Claudia Kim's character is going to be one of the Manni. I'm guessing that Roland enlists her help in moving between worlds. Could be a set-up for later in the movies when we get to Wolves. "I helped save your kid, now you help save ours" kind of thing."
    The character's name is drawn from the Marvel graphic novels, where she's a Manni who is married to a gunslinger, so their unborn child will likely be a special person, with the innate skills of a gunslinger and the special powers of the Manni.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if we'll get some samples of "Hey Jude".
    I bet that the rights to use some of it will be pretty expensive...

Which also leads me to wonder what the "theme" of the dark tower will be...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Matthew McConaughey ‏@McConaughey: Shake the hand that shook the world

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I would guess the sci-fi elements they are referring to are the robot wolves on the robot horses dressed up like Dr. Doom and throwing Harry Potter sneetches. Prior to this book the characters had only been known to use actual magic. Like Rhea or Walter.
    Hmm. Good point. Speaking of which, if and when we get to the Wolves, will they still have the lightsabers / Dr. Doom masks / Harry Potter orbs etc.?

I would imagine not, since all those things are probably copyrighted for the silver screen. Maybe they'll be Wolf shaped cyborgs with feral movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    https://twitter.com/breznican/status/755370246316449792Claudia Kim's character is going to be one of the Manni. I'm guessing that Roland enlists her help in moving between worlds. Could be a set-up for later in the movies when we get to Wolves. "I helped save your kid, now you help save ours" kind of thing."
    The character's name is drawn from the Marvel graphic novels, where she's a Manni who is married to a gunslinger, so their unborn child will likely be a special person, with the innate skills of a gunslinger and the special powers of the Manni.
    Interesting. Was the child ever shown in the comics? And if so, what attributes did he or she exhibit?

Matthew McConaughey ‏@McConaughey: Shake the hand that shook the world

I saw that this morning! Reposted it on fb

Country
    Country Flag

I am sitting over here rapt with the almost insane anticipation of Elba-Roland's accent.

Interesting. Was the child ever shown in the comics? And if so, what attributes did he or she exhibit?
    That story did not have a happy ending...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The name of the graphic novel?

The name of the graphic novel?
    Treachery and The Sorcerer one-shot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seen on reddit :

There’s a new app for The Dark Tower worth downloading…
    Sony has unleashed The Sombra Group unto the world as the viral marketing begins

>>> http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...h-downloading/

Apparently also with some signed copies of Charlie the Choo Choo book at the Comic COn
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 254 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast