Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 254 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Did you see the Horn in his pack at the end?
    Not only at the end -- throughout. It was more apparent at the end, but once I knew to look for it, I saw it several times.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    -I am with Bev... I am 99% I caught the Horn of Eld... It was cool... cannot say more about it though.
    I saw it again last night, and now that I knew to look for it, I saw it several times.

Concerning the change to the quest:
    Spoiler:
    as I think about it now, in order to have this film have a resolution, the Tower can't have been his goal. His goal was to kill Walter. Mission accomplished.

And there was something of an after-credits appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Walter's distinctive whistle, at the very last second
    REALLY??? HOW COOL! I missed that!
    Ari did you like it as much as me and Bev?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Spoiler:
    Did you see the Horn in his pack at the end?
    Not only at the end -- throughout. It was more apparent at the end, but once I knew to look for it, I saw it several times.
    Oh that is cool! I will be on it the next time!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

One thing the possible TV show needs to do is Make Susan likeable. I thought she was Kind of bland in the book. Though the ending was still tragic. Anyone else agree?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    One thing the possible TV show needs to do is Make Susan likeable. I thought she was Kind of bland in the book. Though the ending was still tragic. Anyone else agree?
    Thought you were boycotting?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing I appreciate in light of the critical drubbing is how many of the critics aren't blaming the source material. Just by taking a look at the RT reviews, a lot of them are praising the books and condemning the film for not living up to them.

A lot of the time critics use the bad films as ways to paint King as a hack writer so it's a nice change of pace to see them defend him here.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Well haven't seen the movie yet. Your post gave me some hope. Seeing it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    One thing I appreciate in light of the critical drubbing is how many of the critics aren't blaming the source material. Just by taking a look at the RT reviews, a lot of them are praising the books and condemning the film for not living up to them.

A lot of the time critics use the bad films as ways to paint King as a hack writer so it's a nice change of pace to see them defend him here.
    Yeah I agree. I just hope the Nostalgia Critic does not review it. He has a dislike for King. And always shits on him. I love his reviews but when he gets on King it annoys me a little.

Country
    Country Flag

Well haven't seen the movie yet. Your post gave me some hope. Seeing it tonight.
    I bet you like it... I liked it more than I thought I would!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could be you're Phantom-Menacing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower-Incredible let-down. Prior to the movie they showed a trailer for "Flatliners". Flat-line is how the movie was. Dead on arrival. Others have mentioned it, but perhaps Elbra and McConaughy should have swapped roles. The only real enjoyment was looking for all of the subtle DT references throughout the movie.

2/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll see it next week. My wife and kids are leaving ahead of me for a vacation, so it's my chance to see a movie she would have no interest in.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1688...cked-with-fans
    Earlier this week, Sony invited a small group of film journalists on a trip to Bangor, Maine -- hometown of renowned author Stephen King. The trip was meant to raise awareness on The Dark Tower, which is now in theaters, though it included a tour of King's local haunts, many of which inspired stories from IT to Christine and Carrie. The night concluded with a screening of The Dark Tower that was packed with local fans, and King himself surprised everyone by showing up at the theater to intro the film. We were lucky enough to film that intro, and wanted to share it with you right here:

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to see it last night. I'm not going to go in depth on my review. But I will say I tried hard to have an open mind and enjoy the movie for what it was.

As a movie, if I knew nothing about the books, it wasn't bad. I actually enjoyed a lot of the movie. The action was cool, all of Roland's tricks were cool, etc. The visuals were very interesting and I thought it captured mid world's feel well, but it fell short on the epic scale. The story was disjointed and weird, but as someone who read the books I understood what was going on and what they were doing. If I wasn't familiar with the books, I would be confused.

I could see where they were going with condensing the books together and pulling pieces from many places to make a story line. It might have even been feasible to do with someone else writing or directing.

It was fun seeing all the easter eggs and references to other works. It was cool to try and spot them, and when I did I thought I was in on some inside joke. However, easter eggs and references to the stories that should have, and could have, been told is not a reason to see a movie nor is it a substitute for a good plot.

So overall, it wasn't a bad movie. It wasn't great either. And it really fell short of what it could have been, what it should have been, etc. The arguments about what color Roland is, whether it's a sequel or reboot, are all moot because it just isn't well done based on the source material. I read one review that said they took everything that was magical and special about the books, and made it generic and bland. I agree. It is just another fantasy story with a lot of cliche and no real surprises. It doesn't shine. It just is.

IMO it's not going to make a whole lot of dough, they'll be lucky to break even with cost and promotion. I doubt there will be any sequels or even the promised tv series.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck this movie.
    Fuck the hack director.
    Fuck the horrendous editing.
    Fuck the stunningly bad acting ALL around.
    All bad King movies from the past are ALL way better than this shit stain.
    Nothing redeemable.
    Based on this, I do NOT want any more films unless an actual writer/director is involved.
    Do NOT do a TV series. Let REAL filmmakers do it right.
    Everything in this movie was in the trailer. There was literally nothing extra.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

YOU FORGOT THE GREATEST EXTRA......
    Spoiler:
    THE CHECK CLEARED!

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:
    THE CHECK CLEARED!

LOL LOL LOL!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I am in the minority here, with Bev and Kris, because I kinda enjoyed it - a lot, in fact. The was not locked into the mantra of comparing it to the books. As a sequel to the novels it works quite well for me. I loved Roland, Walter, and especially Jake. The real treat was the fact that my wife, my 15 year old, and my 12 year old, all of whom have never read the books but came with me to humor me, all enjoyed it just as much. We are all hoping for the Wizard and Glass TV series. 7.5/10. Lighten up people.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i went and saw this tonight and i liked it as well and i did like some of the changes others i think weren't needed. i'm not going to spell his last name right at all so i'm going to just say Walter cause we all know who played him. he was fantastic i think in it. the boy wasn't fantastic but since he's a new comer to the industry as far as i'm aware of anyways. he wasn't bad he's a better actor than say Channing Tatum but than a pound of dog shit is a better actor than he is.

for those who haven't seen it they have the man in black in it i think far far too much and it's pretty much i think on WHO agreed to do the role and he's a huge bankable name. i do think they should have switched roles as well. i don't think the actor was awful to everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. what's funny is i saw it with a friend who has read the 1st book and at the end when what the film zooms in it pretty much and i'd say what it is but i don't want to ruin it they missed it.

course he's still new to the series cause he's still only on drawing of the three. my favorite of the entire series that i've read thus far. one thing i didn't like though and this isn't a spoiler at all is they made Jake be in today's world instead of (1976) as it should have fucking taken place. some of the changes didn't bother me to be honest other changes did like what happened in Jake's world and how that didn't follow the book. on how he got to mid-world is stupid too they didn't use a door like in the books. one of the goons on the man in black's side the actor i mean was in dollhouse and cabin in the woods. i forget the actors name to be honest. also was their a after credits scene? i left during the credits cause i really had to run to the bathroom.

like i told my friend i liked it and it could have been a LOT worse. i wasn't expecting it to be as good as say The Green Mile or Shawshank. but THANK GOD it's not as bad as i said Graveyard Shift or Pet Semetary 2. sorry for shit spelling, or i just thought of another Sleepwalkers among others that make your eyes bleed like Apt Pupil made mine bleed pretty much on how shitty that one was.

my mom wants to see it so i will no doubt see it with her and my dad and i'll tell them a bit about what's different in the books and the film cause they've never read the books, my dad don't give a shit about reading unless it's a horse or car magazine. but to each their own i guess, my mom has read some of his books like his Bill Hodge Trilogy she's on the last one. she's starting to read a little of his and certain ones i don't think she'll like i'm not going to give her. anyways.
    it didn't end on a huge cliff-hanger so if it bombs i will be pissed cause i'd love to see it follow the drawing of the three and it be longer than 95 minutes for one thing. them changing some stuff i don't like

but i have to life with but them changing to much of it i don't like. damn i wish J.J. Abrams did this film instead or the dude who created True Detective Cary F.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

that movie was a steaming pile of shit....

one of the multiple things I hated about the movie was the SOUND design of Roland's guns. it sucked. they were muted and not loud or thunderous. you could hear the *tang* of a blade or the SOUND of a THROWING KNIFE (*GROAN*) but it seemed like they purposefully muffled the guns. it sucked and I am pissed
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    A reasonable and good explanation by a massive fan of the books on why he doesn't feel this works as a true and faithful The Dark Tower adaptation:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/78298
    This is a very informative and (apparently; I haven't seen the movie) fair analysis.
    Quint's review pretty much hits the nail on the head.

(probably said nail will be in the coffin of the Dark Tower Franchise)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I agree. I just hope the Nostalgia Critic does not review it. He has a dislike for King. And always shits on him. I love his reviews but when he gets on King it annoys me a little.
    Yeah that's who I was thinking of in part. I remember he did a "Stephen King drinking game" for IT and one of the things he knocked off was the "Christian duty" with Ben scene as an example of how King hates Christians.

That scene in question? Not in the book at all. Ben being poor and having to live with his relatives was invented for the movie.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    "What was fun for us was Walter is — and always will be in all the Stephen king movies — just plain effing evil. There's no excuse. He's not trying to say, 'well I was mistreated as a child.' None of that," he says.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...aughey-1025824

Spoiler:
    I'd say a farm boy named Walter Padick begs to differ, Matt.

Yeah I know... probably hasn't read the books... but still.
    In an interview earlier he said he was five novels in... so he might not have reached that bit yet.
    Spoiler:
    I'm curious as to his reaction to Walters fate in DT7. Heh.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Saw the film this evening. must say I really enjoyed it, gave me goose bumps at times. Even my girlfriend and 8 yr old son loved it, my son thinks Rowland is a superhero (cool). We were shocked to see the theater was so empty,
    20 people there max. Loved Walter, Roland & Jake. No charlie choo reference, Lots of others ( 1408 written above a portal door ) (Christine toy car) (Jake in the corn ) (Jake with the shine) (horn in pack)
    I give it 7/10. Go with am open mined that its not the books and you will enjoy.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 254 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast