Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 254 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Nikolaj Arcel is NOT Peter Jackson...

The Dark Tower is NOT Lord of the Rings
    ...and there were dozens of failed films of LOTR before the success of Peter Jackson's ones. The Dark Tower might be the same.
    Dozens?

I think there were three - and I'm counting the two TV cartoons. Even the movie cartoon wasn't that bad as much as ahead of its time. I think it holds up pretty well.
    Interesting to read of the planned Boorman adaptation. I had never heard of that before. A Beatles Lord of the Rings mash-up? Oh my!

In comparing the two directors above. I KNEW Jackson was destined for greatness as a technical filmmaker because I had seen his talent in prior films. Arcel, not so much...

and my comment comparing the two book series is based on the SIZE of both properties.

The Tolkien books are the best selling books of all time (150 million estimated for LOTR and 140.6 million estimated for the Hobbit) whereas the Dark Tower series has sold around 30 million books.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just hope they dont muck it up (But im not holding my breath)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I bring up LotR I'm not suggesting they invest as much money into it. On the contrary, I think you could make the first two movies for a fraction of the budget of Fellowship alone. I just brought it up as an example of a film series that respected the source material as opposed to tearing everything apart and then rearranging the pieces haphazardly.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    So which actor do we all want for Eddie? Jake? Sus?

Aaron Paul would absolutely kill it playing Eddie. He would be perfect.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm in the minority as far as not having a lot of knowledge of Aaron Paul's acting capabilities since I've yet to watch Breaking Bad, but I've gotta say that the thought of having an actor who has knowledge of the character and who really wants to be that character get that role is very exciting.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    When I bring up LotR I'm not suggesting they invest as much money into it. On the contrary, I think you could make the first two movies for a fraction of the budget of Fellowship alone. I just brought it up as an example of a film series that respected the source material as opposed to tearing everything apart and then rearranging the pieces haphazardly.
    I under stand what you're saying and agree. The real business genius of the LOTR films was that they basically shot the entire film up front. So that when FoTR made it's splash they were already way in the black. Aside from some re-shoots, post and additional CGI/PR/Mktg the following two films were virtually all profit. That series single handedly saved the studio,
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.people.com/article/aaron-...nge-dark-tower
    After rumors swirled this week about Aaron Paul being considered for a role in The Dark Tower, Paul brought the matter directly to the author himself – Stephen King – via Twitter.

"I asked if he could throw in a good word." Paul told PEOPLE at the premiere of his latest film, Eye in the Sky, on Wednesday. "And he said that he would and that he's a big fan."

"So I think that means I am really locked into doing the The Dark Tower," he kidded. "So it's just very exciting news for us all – maybe, I don't know."

After years of false-starts, the film is finally moving forward, with Idris Elba as the gunslinger and Matthew McConaughey as the man in black.

When asked whether he could confirm his own casting rumors, Paul told PEOPLE "I have no idea. These rumors have come and gone in the past few years. It would be a dream come true, I love that book series. I'm obsessed with The Dark Tower series and with Stephen King."

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A secret The Dark Tower fan. No kidding?

I haven't felt such joy since the time I learned Vin Diesel likes to slay orcs and take long-forgotten treasure.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I've mentioned before, I have my reservations about Aaron Paul as Eddie but his enthusiasm for the role is infectious.

At least we know he's willing to do whatever it takes to do right by that character.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I still say Eddie isn't in this movie, nor Susannah. Why would they wait so long, so close to shooting, to cast either?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because they will end up being "bit parts" I think its just going to revolve around
    Roland and jake! They'll cut out his past song of Susannah wizard and glass more likely that not
    Will be cut or trimmed right back.... But hey I like Arron Paul so that's somthing to be happy bout! Right?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Eddie and Sus will only appear toward the end of the film to set up the second film?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe Eddie and Sus will only appear toward the end of the film to set up the second film?
    Well that would kind of follow the books more so no? We would want that I would say!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be okay with that.

If that 'insider' article is true, then this film will focus largely on the relationship between Roland and Jake. I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought they'd make a brief appearance at some point (not necessarily towards the end, though), too.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The next Maze Runner film was supposed to be released on 17 Feb 2017 against The Dark Tower but the main actor was seriously injured and filming shut down so the release date will probably be moved back.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just dont see how they can getvuf finished in time! Has filming started yet? And what about post production?
    These things take time...

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tirana was a low woman from the dixie pig...in book 7 .so.. who knows what the first movie wil be

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From those that have seen glimpses or all of the script it appears that they re going to be introducing the Crimson King's people early on. The story will follow the same general arc but the Crimson's Kings plans and actions will be evident from the beginning.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw a preview for McConaghay's new movie set in the civil war era. I think he'll do a good job with TMiB.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    From those that have seen glimpses or all of the script it appears that they re going to be introducing the Crimson King's people early on. The story will follow the same general arc but the Crimson's Kings plans and actions will be evident from the beginning.
    That sounds good to me.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading the plot synopsis it's really frustrating to me how they're shuffling everything around and reordering things. I think the Gunslinger would need some retooling to make it accessible for audiences but not to the extent that they're doing here.

Really, there's no way the following shouldn't work:

1. Start off with the Gunslinger on a low budget to test the waters. You don't need to make it a big budget film. Maybe save the flashbacks for later. This way it could be a modest success and still make a profit for the studio.

2. Depending on the success, continue with Drawing of the Three. Maybe try to make it accessible for newcomers who haven't seen the original film. Give it a bigger budget with more advertising and see how it does. Again, DotT isn't some epic spectacle so the studio could probably make it for thirty million or less and come back with a success.

3. By this point the studios should know whether or not they have a success on their hands. With the Waste Lands, that's when you start to crank up the budget and treat it like a big fantasy film. Again, maybe make it accessible for people who haven't seen the first two. Continue forward with future films based on the success. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Reading the plot synopsis it's really frustrating to me how they're shuffling everything around and reordering things. I think the Gunslinger would need some retooling to make it accessible for audiences but not to the extent that they're doing here.

Really, there's no way the following shouldn't work:

1. Start off with the Gunslinger on a low budget to test the waters. You don't need to make it a big budget film. Maybe save the flashbacks for later. This way it could be a modest success and still make a profit for the studio.

2. Depending on the success, continue with Drawing of the Three. Maybe try to make it accessible for newcomers who haven't seen the original film. Give it a bigger budget with more advertising and see how it does. Again, DotT isn't some epic spectacle so the studio could probably make it for thirty million or less and come back with a success.

3. By this point the studios should know whether or not they have a success on their hands. With the Waste Lands, that's when you start to crank up the budget and treat it like a big fantasy film. Again, maybe make it accessible for people who haven't seen the first two. Continue forward with future films based on the success. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    Making the first book into a successful movie, even on a low budget would probably not work. Even the biggest DT fans admit that it's a struggle to get through.

The difference between the books and the movies is that with the books SK was literally making it up as he went along. (Obviously duh, that's how books work. ) But with the movie you already have all the material and you can cut out some of the slow boring stuff and add more of the exciting stuff that wasn't even thought about until the later books like Blue Heaven and the Low Men and the breakers...

That's how you get the general public interested in the story. I'm not crazy about them mixing up the different parts of the story but I'm slowly coming around to it and understand why it's necessary. As long as they don't change the core of the story overall.

But simply doing one book/one movie like other franchises have done (Twilight, Hunger Games, LOTR, Harry Potter) just doesn't seem feasible.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

The first one is a hump to get over but it could still make back the studio's money if they're smart. I don't think it would be that difficult to make the story less dry while still being true to the original story.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 254 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast