Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 254 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not a big fan of anime. And I just. can't. see. it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, to be fair I used the word anime but really meant any animation...Jae Lee style would rock - or even the way they did the LOTR cartoon years ago.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I want live action, baby.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rawrrrr

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Nope, I want live action, baby.
    *nods*

Humans.
    With flesh on their skeleton.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If it were anime I would keep expecting Roland to hop into a Gundam to go look for Dragonballs in Japan.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I bet Roland has Dragon balls.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG LOOK OUT CK! ROLAND IS GOING TO FUSE TO JAKE TO BECOME RAKELAND DESCHAINBERS!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

<< This whole conversation.

But yeah, live action. Definitely.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

With Patrick on this

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm too worried about casting for live action. Who would you all choose for Roland?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that should question should be another thread, dear.
    We probably already have one.....don't we?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know theres a few, if memory serves me well, on .net, but I can't remember here? I'll look!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if I did want a DT movie at all (and I don't) I'd like to see them do a multi-season cable mini-series with a slight twist. I'd like to see them make a movie showing Roland's
    Spoiler:
    next loop
    as a miniseries. Otherwise I'm really just not interested.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe that is what I am thinking...the one on .net. I could be wrong and there hasn't been one created. I probably should be discussed here if there isn't a thread for it.
    My answer has stayed the same since I saw a good picture of this guy. It was his eyes and scruffiness that did it:
    Hugh Laurie (the House guy)
    I've never seen the show and I know nothing of his acting but he's got the look down in my mind.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hes a former comedian over here, he just wouldn't be right...do you know Blackadder? Hang on...I'll get a picture...

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Click here...the guy in the powdered wig is Hugh laurie
    http://www.tvheaven.ca/black.htm#dish

Country
    Country Flag

I don't care.
    I told you....I know nothing of him....don't care, don't wanna know. It's how he looks now!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You should watch Blackadder, its hilarious...then again, if you want to continue thinking of him as Roland...maybe you shouldn't

Country
    Country Flag

I won't then.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a marvel DT cartoon series would be awesome like what they did with x-men. Its not serious enough for it to be "TEH MOVIES" but it would do wonders for building the mythos and generating the fan base that we know the series deserves - as a next stage of the comic release, or something. Have that running for the next three years, get all the 12-18 year olds aware of it and there's your cashcow market to fund the first DT movie. (Detta walker may need to be toned down, though)

How would they justify funding 3 movies, let alone 7? Movie business, remember baby steps, i think.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I posted earlier, someone loan me a couple billion, I make it

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd watch a cartoon series--sure as shit. Like the Batman one or something?

That would be hot.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 254 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast