Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"I can't do one stick of pot, or one snort of horse, or one needle of cocaine."
    -
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started watching Lost, three days ago. Never seen it. Finished it last night. I loved it. Can't wait to start watching season two.

I think The Dark Tower should be done in a Television Format, high end like Lost (Abrams can command that budget), would be more appropriate for HBO. Instead of a few movies having it set over years would make it that much more of a journey. That's what made the Dark Tower so good. Telling it all in 20 hours wouldn't do it justice. They could do 7 seasons, 12 episodes each.

Instead trying to compact a 3600 page story, this would be best.

HEY LOST/DARK TOWER CONNECTION MY GAWD!!!

Spoiler:
    In the first season we realize Walt has some kind of ability. Can sense things. Shining any one? You see him create things with his mind. He is reading a comic book of with a polar bear and one shows up. Did anyone else notice the picture in the comic book of a globe surrounded in glass except for a black tower jutting up?

The Others reminded me of the grays (or was it pubes) from Lud, who wanted to take Jake who was also strong in the touch.

The Numbers reminded me of Nineteen and I looked for clues. In the medical history of Hurley's institutionalized friend he is no. 90019. WOW. I also seen the other numbers but not grouped.

Them wanting Claire's child reminded me of Mordred and the psychic telling her only she should raise the child.

I enjoyed the series a lot. Trying to find season two online.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its amazing how many connections there are between LOST and the dt books.

You will freak at the opening of season 2

Turns out the writers are fans of SK and vice verse--so its a natural partnership
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to rent Season two from Blockbuster tonight, shouldn't cost me much if it's all a year old.

I love how eerie the show is. The music is great, spinetingling. Love it.

I watched the special features. Thought it was funny how most of the male cast members all auditioned for Sawyer and they guy is cast as Sawyer convinced the writers to change the character of Sawyer.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, that first scene on the beach in season one was some of the best TV I have ever seen.

It gets weird in season two, kind of hard to take imo but they had me hooked from "hello"

LOST is like televised crack.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hehe, we watched the whole first season and then started the 2nd and then just stopped watching it for some reason. We do that alot

EXCEPT FOR CARNIVALE. YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HBO FOR DOING THAT TO US. Seriously, I would categorically state that the level of distress I felt at cutting Carnivale off when they did would be the same as if they did decide to make DT a HBO series and then cut funding after events in TDOTT.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, DBF did that to me. He had me sit through all of Firefly, then, when I asked, "When does the next season start?" he said, "It's been cancelled."

I so wanted to kill him.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh the injustice that was HBO cancelling Carnivale! :shakefist: Damn you HBO!

But in a perfect world, I too, would want to see The Dark Tower done as an HBO televised series over several years. That would rock.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I heard that folks in Carnivale drank my favorite soda Moxie.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    hehe, we watched the whole first season and then started the 2nd and then just stopped watching it for some reason. We do that alot

EXCEPT FOR CARNIVALE. YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HBO FOR DOING THAT TO US. Seriously, I would categorically state that the level of distress I felt at cutting Carnivale off when they did would be the same as if they did decide to make DT a HBO series and then cut funding after events in TDOTT.

Um, you stop watching Lost in the midst of the second season (something you say you do often) and you wonder why Carnivale got cancelled. Never got a chance to watch Carnivale and I guess there is no point on starting.

I agree, Lost is like televised crack. I went into Blockbuster today and all of Season Two was available for rent, got the whole season rented for 16 dollars (including tax) and am already done the first four episodes. I reckon I'll polish off a few more tonight. This season had already taken a shift in direction but I figured everything as going to anyways.

Hopefully when and if a DT movie/series/mini-series gets made that it doesn't suck. I'm sure Stephen King would have a clause on his contract where if he feels the work isn't to his standard he can forgo his agreement. He's allowed so much of his stuff to become hack work that for this to be desicrated would be a travesty.

Country
    Country Flag

I read one of the letters adressing the fans @ savecarnivale.com and its nice to know that so many HBO execs and management people fought for along time to try and keep Carnivale but in the end it was our fault, as there werent enough of us to justify an expensive flagship program. I feel expecially bad, because i didnt watch it when it was on TV, i got into it when the 2nd season was filming. But bought the whole lot on DVD which made up for that I hope.

Yeah, I think DT would rock as a multi-season series too .. if it was done right, which it could be. Over 3 seasons, say? You could really flesh out the backstory, even have that shown chronologically, so the famous first line of the series would be the start of the 2nd season, perhaps. That would be awesome - in fact, it would probably work so much better given the complex nature of the plot and the way the story moves forward and back in time. Banging people on the head with a few long epic movies mightnt work so well.

Theres a shitload of speculation running around the net at the moment, Abrams is a big drawcard too.

Gunslinger Apprentice chuxter is on a distinguished road chuxter's Avatar

BTW, when does the new season of LOST start?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Not until the beginning of 2008. :\
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice chuxter is on a distinguished road chuxter's Avatar

I'll be there!
    Whale oil beef hooked!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously!! We are going to tie one on major that night

Last season ended with a bang

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

February 2008 apparently. If you miss Lost you should download the official podcasts (I get 'em off itunes) they are hilarious!! Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse do them, seriously funny guys - theres often cast interviews, then they disect the previous episode and preview the next one - they also answer fan questions. If you're into theorizing you can get alot out of it, they categorically deny or confirm some of the main theories out there.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We just started watching "Lost" this summer. Rented the first two seasons. Had to pay to download a decent version of the Season 3 opener.

I really don't want to download all the episodes of Season 3, but they're not releasing the DVDs until early December. Bastards.

On-topic: I like the idea that DT should be a limited multi-season series. That would rock.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think DT would rock as a multi-season series too .. if it was done right, which it could be. Over 3 seasons, say? You could really flesh out the backstory, even have that shown chronologically, so the famous first line of the series would be the start of the 2nd season, perhaps. That would be awesome - in fact, it would probably work so much better given the complex nature of the plot and the way the story moves forward and back in time. Banging people on the head with a few long epic movies mightnt work so well.
    I think it would be best to show the present story and the backstory at the same time. Clips here and there fleshing out all the characters backstories.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Mattrick~ that would kick
    I personally think King should Take on this project, he needs to touch more on Roland's past with his first ka-tet and his time between the end of dt4 and dt1

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the multi-season series could really work too. I would be afraid of what sort of budget it would have though. Let's face it, TV producers/companies, etc (yes, even HBO) are cheap and DT would need to have some money for the special effects to be done with some justice. However, if they had the money, it would absolutely rock in this form.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think it would be best to show the present story and the backstory at the same time. Clips here and there fleshing out all the characters backstories.
    Like how they structure each lost episode?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, to a degree. They don't even need to have important point for all episodes. I think it should be told sporadically depending on what is going on in the episode. The first season would contain much of the same backstory that is touched upon in 'The Gunslinger' except elaborated. They'd have to do it in their own style.

I figure they would have to extend and re-work sections of the book for television and would have oppourtities to explain things thoroughly.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We should all come together and try to write a screenplay for it.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast