Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler Gunslinger1919 is on a distinguished road

Looks like the set is moving to New York now
    http://darktowernews.com/2016/06/25/...new-york-city/

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh snap! Shit's getting real!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Roland has the horn" doesn't make much of a difference to me for good or for bad. Unless SK himself is writing the movies (and perhaps not even then given his track record with screenplays) then it might as well be fanfiction and a lot of King's comments come off almost as damage control. I'd much rather see a faithful adaptation of the books over what they're doing.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    "Roland has the horn" doesn't make much of a difference to me for good or for bad. Unless SK himself is writing the movies (and perhaps not even then given his track record with screenplays) then it might as well be fanfiction and a lot of King's comments come off almost as damage control. I'd much rather see a faithful adaptation of the books over what they're doing.
    I'd mostly agree with this, but I'm still going to give this a chance. Lots of good energy around Idris.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    I'd mostly agree with this, but I'm still going to give this a chance. Lots of good energy around Idris.
    I've simply accepted that the movie won't be an accurate representation of the books. Hopefully it will be an entertaining experience anyway. I'll be alright with it as long as it doesn't suck.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've got a horn...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    I've got a horn...
    Put that thing away, Sheb, geez.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mother always said it was rude to point

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

liljas-library.com/cell/article.php?id=4948

McConaughey considered whether his Walter Padick, the greatest villain in the Stephen King multiverse, would believe himself to be evil incarnate. He pauses. “He sure doesn’t think he is,” he says. “A good villain believes he’s a minister of peace.”
    No offense to Matt but... really? In what world? Flagg is the direct opposite of a minister of peace. He enjoys causing chaos when there is peace. His whole motive in Delain was to fuck things over when kingdom was at peace.

Idk if he views himself as evil given how he reacts when Callahan calls him cruel but he's the last villain who would believe that he's somehow saving the world via his actions.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a lot of King's comments come off almost as damage control.
    Perhaps that's because he's getting battered by people repeating "Roland isn't black" ad nauseam?

Country
    Country Flag

Elba's only part of it. There were numerous story-related concerns before he was cast and further comments about the changes in regards to characters and plot have only prompted further scrutiny. I think he's aware that the story will only be tangentially related to the books and the purists are going to be pissed; he made similar comments after the backlash to 'Under the Dome'.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

We all just have accept that TDT is not going to be made but a reincarnation of the story and characters... I still look forward to its release but still remain pissed that TDT is never going to see the silver screen!��

Country
    Country Flag

It might have happened but King turned Darabont away.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We all just have accept that TDT is not going to be made but a reincarnation of the story and characters... I still look forward to its release but still remain pissed that TDT is never going to see the silver screen!��
    Never say never about the original never being done. If Hollywood is anything, it's unoriginal and some one might attempt to do it later on. The word reboot comes to mind. Probably won't live to see it though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Never say never about the original never being done. If Hollywood is anything, it's unoriginal and some one might attempt to do it later on. The word reboot comes to mind. Probably won't live to see it though.
    Not in this turn of the wheel but maybe the next...

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm stoked on how stoked Elba seems about the movie. It doesn't seem like it's just a meal ticket to him - he genuinely seems excited about it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TDT is never going to see the silver screen!��
    Ralph Bakshi and Peter Jackson would like a word with you.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nicholas Hamilton - from "The Dark Tower" to "It" (text in polish but photos below)

Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    Nicholas Hamilton - from "The Dark Tower" to "It" (text in polish but photos below)
    A translation of the text would be very helpful of you.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's a computer-translation, which should help:

A few days ago we reported that Nicholas Hamilton joined the cast of the movie "It", where he is playing the role of Henry Bowers. Filming is already underway in Toronto, and in the meantime it turns out that the actor will play in the "Dark Tower."

Hamilton was in South Africa at the turn of May and June. It is known that he plays the role of Lucas Hanson, a student at Piper School, which he attended Jake Chambers and tried to roll over every time he passed him in the hallway. So he says of his role:

"This role for me is bitter-sweet. I know I'm luckier than many other actors, but I tried for one of the main roles. I found out at the last talon to the role in a series of several films. Ughh ... the actors know the feeling ! a month later zadzownili my agent and offered me much, much smaller role, but hey ... we're shooting in South Africa, so I agreed. I know I'm lucky ... but I wanted to play a major role. "

The actor shared his photos with the set, in which we see him with Tom Taylor (who plays Jake).

Country
    Country Flag

"zadzwonili" = called
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. I think he would have made a better Jake.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Damn. I think he would have made a better Jake.
    That's what I thought.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja has posted some cool NYC notices:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 254 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 241 ... LastLast