Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 254 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanno, the more I think about it the more I agree with that. Leave it alone, already. You can't do it justice.

It would take a total tower freak to do it even halfway right.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yanno, the more I think about it the more I agree with that. Leave it alone, already. You can't do it justice.

Actually, the person I'd have in mind for doing it....I have no idea if they know of The Dark Tower at all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    It still makes me want to destroy the entire world when I think about how they ended Carnivale. It was such an amazing show, and HBO didn't even say they cancelled it. They said taht the story was told, which is absolute bullshit.

The Dark Tower would be best as an HBO miniseries, but only if HBO is willing to see it through.
    Carnivale is supposed to be six seasons, they're all written and edited and ready to go.

Yeah, and HBO are dirty, dirty liars. The whole thing makes me angry.

HBO is doing a series of Vertigo's Preacher comics. The guy who did Daredevil is doing it, but he has wisened up a bit, and he went in to the HBO people and put down the stack of Preacher comics and basically said "Here, this is my script, each one is an episode." That makes me happy, and after I see how they handle Preacher, I will make a final verdict on wetehr or not I would like to see them do The Dark Tower.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So who do you have in mind, Brice?

I think JJ Abrams has the rights, so we're at his mercy at the moment.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So who do you have in mind, Brice?

I think JJ Abrams has the rights, so we're at his mercy at the moment.

I know we are.

If you haven't seen it go rent or just buy a movie called Dust Devil. That guy ( I forget his name but it is the same guy who did Hardwire) should be making IMO.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of that one. I'll have to go see.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You definitely should. It's an amazing film.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. Maybe when I get done with school (TWO WEEKS, PEOPLE!!! VIRTUAL PARTY ON THE WAY! GATHER UP YOUR ALCOHOL OF CHOICE!!!) I had better join Netflix so I can catch up.

OT, but has anyone seen 11:14? If not, do. Weird, creepy, and darkly funny as all hell. A freebie on IFC for me (I LOVE MY DVR!!!)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think it could be done well in like a "300" type format
    If The Dark Tower was done in a "300" type format, Roland would be the Gay Cowboy from the Village People with a heavy chinese accent, Susannah would randomly break out into some erotic pole dancing and the entire film would be shot in some dark grey-light-grey-brown-nondescript environment, and after 4 long hours of slow motioned (and fake) violence, Roland would have just left Tull.

Nando: Oh Diem gave me some wonderful news yesterday - 300 is apparently the new gay icon movie. Congratulations

Oh shut up. If you tell me that the idea of Roland going through the Tull scene a la' 300 doesn't give you wood then you're a damn filthy liar!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you boys need to be alone? LOL.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. Maybe when I get done with school (TWO WEEKS, PEOPLE!!! VIRTUAL PARTY ON THE WAY! GATHER UP YOUR ALCOHOL OF CHOICE!!!) I had better join Netflix so I can catch up.

OT, but has anyone seen 11:14? If not, do. Weird, creepy, and darkly funny as all hell. A freebie on IFC for me (I LOVE MY DVR!!!)
    I've never seen it. I may have to see if I can find it.

Congrats on finishing school.

No, you should go to the video store right this minute. Break in if you must. It is THAT good.

If you rescue me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, Roland going through Tull in a 300-like fashion, yay or nay?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL wish I could but I have to write a half-assed 2100 word paper on what ongoing learning means to me.

Anyone else have their BS meter set to HIGH? Ummm, hey, stupid prof, I have an ENGLISH DEGREE!!! Yes, I can BS you in ways you have not yet imagined!!!

What a waste of time and money. I am seriously pissed. This will be the ONE TIME I actually write comments in the class survey form (not that they'll listen, but I will feel better).

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Brice, Roland going through Tull in a 300-like fashion, yay or nay?

I am going to make you very sad by saying this, but:

1) I haven't seen 300.

2) The only way I'm likely to is if it's free (i.e. my roommate buys it) as it's just not my type of film.

Edit: Are you familiar with the film I mentioned? I know how you know and love movies.

If you rescue me

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FP: I still love you anyway, despite the magnitude of faults.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think it could be done well in like a "300" type format
    If The Dark Tower was done in a "300" type format, Roland would be the Gay Cowboy from the Village People with a heavy chinese accent, Susannah would randomly break out into some erotic pole dancing and the entire film would be shot in some dark grey-light-grey-brown-nondescript environment, and after 4 long hours of slow motioned (and fake) violence, Roland would have just left Tull.

Nando: Oh Diem gave me some wonderful news yesterday - 300 is apparently the new gay icon movie. Congratulations

Those Spartans liked their men.

Maybe Final Fantasy is a better example
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know you do josh, I know you do. (Not in a brokeback mountain way though, right? )

Brice - is that the one with that shapeshifting dude?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really down with DT being made into a movie or a tv series - although I'd pick movie format for WaG and WotC - I think they'd both translate very well to film...I just don't want to see it happen

On the plus side, JJ Abrams has tremendous respect for SK and is a towerjunkie so, theres hope at least...

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Truer words have never been spoken.

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FP: only if you've washed vigorously
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please fall through deals.....
    A DT film would probably not be very good, IMO. Sorry for the pessimism.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But you would still go watch it though, right?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I know you do josh, I know you do. (Not in a brokeback mountain way though, right? )

Brice - is that the one with that shapeshifting dude?
    Yes, I believe you're thinking of the same one I am. What did you think of it?

If you rescue me

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

LOL wish I could but I have to write a half-assed 2100 word paper on what ongoing learning means to me.

Anyone else have their BS meter set to HIGH? Ummm, hey, stupid prof, I have an ENGLISH DEGREE!!! Yes, I can BS you in ways you have not yet imagined!!!

What a waste of time and money. I am seriously pissed. This will be the ONE TIME I actually write comments in the class survey form (not that they'll listen, but I will feel better).
    I have a feeling we're attending the same school.

I'd really love to see the series be made into movies. To solve the Jake problem: genetically engineer twin blondie boys. Plant each one into a surrogate three-five years apart. Problem solved. There's an older jake and a younger jake and they're ready to go. It's not creepy and weird if it's done for art, right?

I guess I'd be ok with a mini-series if (like everyone else has said) there was a solid commitment to see the whole series through to the "end".
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 254 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast