Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 254 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering why the barrel would rotate. On reading further I realised they were referring to the cylinder...

I amazed at how metal-like the rubber replicas look. I suppose they used them for stunt work when they were worried the metal versions would be damaged.

All out of my range, but a nice designed gun.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Was the Sombra app created to essentially show the 3-d pic from Entertainment Weekly? Is there more to it?
    The most recent upgrade showed a portal that you could look through and see the moons.
    Perhaps I'm obtuse, but I don't see how to access that.

I have v 1.0

I'll check 1.4

Still don't see anything new on 1.4

Unless it's some big secret, perhaps you can educate me.
    There was a new image released that turned into a portal when you scanned it. Can't remember at the moment where it was. The guy from Sony showed it to us in Bangor.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This image, I believe:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev. Not a very good capture, but yes there is a portal and two moons.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Spoiler:
    I can see that being a nod toward it, but that wasn't much of a choice. I still want him to have to choose between his obsession and Jake's life.
    Spoiler:
    It would have to be one heckuva choice to make Roland struggle, given that, as of the first film in this potential franchise, he and Jake are off to a better start than last time around.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Jambino View Post
    I saw the movie on Sunday and I agree with the general consensus. I feel like they tried to make a movie that would be appealing and accessible to the general public rather than taking chances. It's just too bad because we all know how good it really could have been!
    Here's to hoping that the next film (if there is one, naturally) ends up being the The Empire Strikes Back of the franchise: lengthier, darker and all-around improved.

Not really hard.

Spoiler:
    Just at the end, after the first bullet or two hits Flagg, he tries to run off and escape. Roland has a choice, save Jake or go after Flagg and kill him while he is hurt.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

After spending a bit more time on the app, it's damn cool (and they have under utilized it). With the scanner running, if you move the phone closer to the portal, the barren landscape of (the desert?) becomes visible as you tilt the phone point of view down. There is also a point where other small celestial objects can be seen orbiting.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay. I won something!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yay. I won something!
    Do tell.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is cool! Congrats!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I thought I would share a little story with you all. I just got home from the first of three days at Boston Comic Con. Last year I had a really interesting time with Jae Lee as Boston Comic Con, as he was doing an epic two page spread in my signed limited TWTTKH - you can check it out in my collections thread. In the end, we met up in the bar in the lobby of his hotel because it took him an extra two hours beyond the con's ending time. So, I thought I would pop by this year and say hi. I was happy to see that he remembered me. It was a slow time at the con and I was lucky enough to bend his ear a bit, and then he asked me the question I longed for him to ask - "Did you see it?"

I told Jae that I had gone opening night - he had also seen it. Needless to say, he enjoyed it very much, as did I. Jae expressed how he was kind of angry at some of the reviewers of the film, many of whom he did not feel gave it a fair shake. He said he was able to sit and enjoy the film for what it was, a continuation of the story. Now Jae is no Stephen King, but I think we would all agree that Jae's time in the Dark Tower universe makes him a bit of an authority. I'm not trying to change any minds out there, but I must say I am pleased that Jae has sided with those of us who were pleased with many aspects of the film.

Oh, and congrats Shannon!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can the "it's a continuation of the story" line really be used at this point given how the changes to Roland's backstory and the world around him go far beyond the inherent changes that would occur for the 'reset' in Roland's quest (which starts when he reaches the desert)?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I told Jae that I had gone opening night - he had also seen it. Needless to say, he enjoyed it very much, as did I. Jae expressed how he was kind of angry at some of the reviewers of the film, many of whom he did not feel gave it a fair shake. He said he was able to sit and enjoy the film for what it was, a continuation of the story.
    Yeah. Some folks* are saying "worst film ever". While opinions on entertainment are subjective and all that jazz, some verge more closely to the absurd than others.

* Mostly diehard fans.

--- --- ---

I've a question about something Walter said.

Spoiler:
    He remarks that there's no chicken where he's from. Is he referring to his village or All/Mid-World? Someone remarked that he might have been speaking in a metaphorical sense...that is to say, All/Mid-World is short on cowards.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's pretty badass.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

With the auctions, I don't like that there are so many copies of the items. There's been like, ten guns so far, three horns/satchels, and so on.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

With the auctions, I don't like that there are so many copies of the items. There's been like, ten guns so far, three horns/satchels, and so on.
    Right, but isn't that typical of a production? They're going to film with multiple props for various scenes.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Can the "it's a continuation of the story" line really be used at this point given how the changes to Roland's backstory and the world around him go far beyond the inherent changes that would occur for the 'reset' in Roland's quest (which starts when he reaches the desert)?
    I guess one could argue that as
    Spoiler:
    Roland had the horn, after the reset in the novels' cycle
    events in the past before the Mohaine desert could have changed as well. Not that he was actually sent back there, more that a minute adjustment to the timeline can occur, either as a reward for progression or Gan just mixing things up. I believe in Wizard and Glass in the Topeka section, Roland's actually states that the past is also in motion in his world.

If the film deals with a much later cycle, all those little adjustments to his past could have accumulated significantly. Judging by Idris Elba it looks like this includes a big chunk of his ancestry too (although I reckon it's the same soul). And Pimli was a lot less partial to pies in his film past apparently.

I don't really disagree with you though. I'm not sure changes should be quite as drastic.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Right, but isn't that typical of a production? They're going to film with multiple props for various scenes.
    Plus, some props based on the same item are lighter than others. It is easier to be more mobile and dexterous when the prop you're carrying is made out of plastic as opposed to metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I guess one could argue that as
    Spoiler:
    Roland had the horn, after the reset in the novels' cycle
    events in the past before the Mohaine desert could have changed as well. Not that he was actually sent back there, more that a minute adjustment to the timeline can occur, either as a reward for progression or Gan just mixing things up. I believe in Wizard and Glass in the Topeka section, Roland's actually states that the past is also in motion in his world.

If the film deals with a much later cycle, all those little adjustments to his past could have accumulated significantly. Judging by Idris Elba it looks like this includes a big chunk of his ancestry too (although I reckon it's the same soul). And Pimli was a lot less partial to pies in his film past apparently.

I don't really disagree with you though. I'm not sure changes should be quite as drastic.
    I went in with the assumption that Elba's Roland was always dark skinned: cosmic resets be damned.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, I know, but from a collecting standpoint, its nice to know either a) you own the only one, or, b) there's a definite number of the items stated.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Man I hope the show gets made. W@G has everything. Good Villains, Drama, Action, Romance and Cuthbert.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Man I hope the show gets made. W@G has everything. Good Villains, Drama, Action, Romance and Cuthbert.
    If it ends up greenlit, I hope that Elba and Taylor are still on board.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    If it ends up greenlit, I hope that Elba and Taylor are still on board.
    You know I have been thinking that Tull should be the framing device for the show. Like the first episode could have a Cold opening of Roland arriving in Tull. Then flashback to the main storyline of W@G. From each episode than on we could get a little bit of Tull at the beginning. Then the Battle of Tull could be in the finale ep. Maybe after the Charyu tree scene it flashes forward to Roland going guns blazing on Tull. Could show a good contrast between teen Roland and the Gunslinger he is as an adult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 254 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 ... LastLast