Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 254 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Actually, that was the optimistic me! They have a huge job ahead of them simply writing script(s), a job I don't think they'll undertake until 2010 at the earliest. I'd be surprised if they came up with a real plan for production before 2015. Funding is a big "if" these days--look how long it's taking to get Buick 8 off the ground, and they already have a script and a director. I'll be watching this from my comfy chair in a retirement home, me thinks!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I had an interesting thought regarding the gunslinger film

the dark tower is not well known among people who are not constant readers
    Most everyone has some familiarty with sai kings work but unless they are a devoted fan (like us) they are not most likely familiar with the dark tower
    When the gunslinger movie comes out, the gift that sai king gave to us the constant reader is going to go mainstream and everyone will start getting into it
    not that this is a completely bad thing but right now we are in a special place, our chunk of pop culture is like greenwich village before the tourists or star trek before the reruns of the cancelled original series started really attracting attention or lord of the rings circa 1960 JUST before it exploded into popular culture, we'll get to be like those people who said they were listening to grunge WAY before pearl jam
    just something to think about
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Yeah, we can experience telling all the people who don't read the books until after they see the movies that "no, the movies are not better than the books" just like I got to do with LotR. Can't wait.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Jayson, the minute I read Flagg's above post I KNEW you'd be the next poster.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Yeah, we can experience telling all the people who don't read the books until after they see the movies that "no, the movies are not better than the books" just like I got to do with LotR. Can't wait.

I can see it now -

Elijah Wood as Roland
    Sean Astin as Jake
    Orlando Bloom as Eddie
    Liv Tyler as Susannah
    Hugo Weaving as The Man In Black
    Sir Ian McKellan as Cort
    Viggo Mortensen as well, anyone

How's this work for you, Jayson?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Orlando Bloom as Eddie.
    Wait, Elwood as Roland?
    Bahahaha.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ...as Oy?

Cordelia?

Joe Collins?

Traveler movieman19 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Maybe Terry O'Quinn as Pere Callahan or John Cullum?
    I can see him being Peter. That's actually a good choice that I never really thought of. However, I know it might be kinda dumb but when I was reading I always thought of James Cromwell as Peter Callahan. I think it's because I saw the new version of Salem's Lot around the time I was reading TDT for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    If they cant get clint eastwood to play cort then terry o'quinn would be a good pick
    They need to get Clint to play Steven Deschain. Now THAT would be the shits.

Quote Originally Posted by movieman19 View Post
    They need to get Clint to play Steven Deschain. Now THAT would be the shits.
    I didn't think of Stephen Deschain as being that old. The only time we see Stephen in the books is when Roland is a teenager. I don't think Stephen was supposed to be 78 which is how old Clint would be if they started filming it right now.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Yeah, he'll be 85 when they wrap the filming. Maybe one of the elders at River Crossing?

Traveler movieman19 is on a distinguished road

Wishful thinking I guess. I don't really like thinking of casting this movie since it's so far out. It'll probably be like 10 years before we get to see it on screens.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Well, we'd all like to see Clint movieman. He's just a bit old for this one.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by movieman19 View Post

I can see him being Peter. That's actually a good choice that I never really thought of. However, I know it might be kinda dumb but when I was reading I always thought of James Cromwell as Peter Callahan. I think it's because I saw the new version of Salem's Lot around the time I was reading TDT for the first time.
    um, peter?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ...as Oy?

Cordelia?

Joe Collins?
    As Oy, definitely as Oy !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ooooohhhhh, Oy-Viggo! Golden-rimmed contact lenses, facial fur + paint and.. Now I've gone sidetracks.

What, I'm just still worried about that CGI Oy..

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Gunslinger Apprentice Daffy is on a distinguished road Daffy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know its too bad this movie got started soo late, I have always thought of Roland as Clint Eastwood, total Bummer for this constant reader

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Actually, that was the optimistic me! They have a huge job ahead of them simply writing script(s), a job I don't think they'll undertake until 2010 at the earliest. I'd be surprised if they came up with a real plan for production before 2015. Funding is a big "if" these days--look how long it's taking to get Buick 8 off the ground, and they already have a script and a director. I'll be watching this from my comfy chair in a retirement home, me thinks!
    Once Star Trek opens this weekend, J.J. Abrams will have studios throwing blank checks at him for his next project.

If this whole Dark Tower thing really does come true, I think all they need is a kickass trailer and J.J.'s name on it get people to flock to the theater.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Once Star Trek opens this weekend, J.J. Abrams will have studios throwing blank checks at him for his next project.

If this whole Dark Tower thing really does come true, I think all they need is a kickass trailer and J.J.'s name on it get people to flock to the theater.
    Absolutely right. And Star Trek looks like it might be this summer's biggest hit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read some good reviews about Star Trek, hopefully filming that tought Abrams plenty of noteworthy techniques going forward to the DT movie.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

went to watch star trek last night, and IF jj abrams treats The DT with as much love and repect as he did ST it will be fantastic.

he really kept to the original and the actors where out of this world. loved it and am even more excited now about a possible DT film

Traveler Joshh4490 is on a distinguished road

I'd really imagine the first movie, if it turns out to be "movies" will have to be, either Wizard and Glass focused,,, mostly the Roland's youth part...

or something with jericho hill...

let's face it,, if it's gonna be a series of movies.. it can't all be the gunslinger...
    because it's so little action, and i think to really make mainstream audiences, understand some things in the right order,, I would start the movies With the Ball, being found outside the Wizard of Oz place, with 4 sets of hands on it.. a black set, a small set, a white set, and a set missing some fingers...

and instead flash back to mejis, at which point you can have Will Dearborn tell Susan about his trial with cort,, then you get to show that...then you have the big battle there,, bing bang boom ,, right to the point roland gets punched by alain to break him away from the ball, it fades like roland's knocked out.. then goes straight to The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed, end first movie...

Speaking as a Movie, I'd completely re imagine the lay of events as pertaining to how they unfold to a movie audience... I think the meji story is probably the most endearing to mainstream , it'll be part tragic love story, mixed with a braveheart like battle and loss... i think if you introduce to much metaphysical to early you'll lose some... think the matrix series backwards

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on the Star Trek movie I just watched:

Spoiler:
    The alternate time-line and time travel was very Lost/Dark Tower-like. With that and how I got into this movie without being a Trek fan I am now very excited about the Dark Tower movies being good.

I think Abrams may be able to bring in a lot of people who are not King fans.

Traveler kymkyhgq is on a distinguished road

As excited as I am to hear the recent news... I'd so much rather it be a weekly miniseries on HBO or something. JJ has shown that he can make every week a cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more... and plus I don't think I could wait years in between movies.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Right now i'm wondering about only one thing...if the Dark Tower was a movie series, then what role would be ideal for Simon Pegg?

Can't think of one myself, but considering he's been in two films that Abrams has been involved in, it's not really that much of a stretch for us Spaced/Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz fans to want to see him in one of the coolest stories ever!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Blaine the Mono with a Scottish accent?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 254 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast