Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: King's final book

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I am reading Lisey's Story right now, and OH MY GOD!!! if I read about another smucking BOOL with a Puffickly Huyooge Piebald Purple People Eater, I am going to burn this fucker down.
    well, what did bears say (insert question mark here: can t find the fucker on this French keyboqrd)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

On a side note Jean, how is UTD going? I really enjoyed it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is going fantastically well! bears LOVE it. They fear the instant when they will have to reconsider their top 5 - and with every page of UtD it looks more and more than the time really might come

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    he did and probably still consider Lisey's Story his best, and it was my least favorite
    hear, hear

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it is going fantastically well! bears LOVE it. They fear the instant when they will have to reconsider their top 5 - and with every page of UtD it looks more and more than the time really might come
    There is positively no chance of my having to rethink my top 5, or top 25 for that matter, upon my completion of Lisey's Story, which I expect about 2 months and 15 books from now.

Glad to hear you are enjoying UtD, it was by far my favorite King in the last 10 years.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

a potentially singular event: a russian bear using a french keyboard to type english messages.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Sloth Love Chunk

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    a potentially singular event: a russian bear using a french keyboard to type english messages.
    ...and cussing it the whole time!

(I'm so glad that humor translates through every language and communication medium!)

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

WRONG!WRONG!WRONG!!!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, a fail if there ever was one

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

I don't know what it will be about, but I know I am going to do like Desmond from LOST did with his Dickens book. Save it until I am old so it will be the last book I ever read. With my luck it will probably suck though.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a sucker for happy endings. I'd like Roland to find his redemption and to end the cycle.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower
    That sounds nice... but would it have to be King's final book? Takes a little of the happy out of it.

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I'm with Sam.

I'm really scared for my ASOIAF series right now, I hope GRRM finishes the damn thing.

I was big into Jennings and his Aztec books when he died. The guy who continued them sucks.
    I'm totally with you on this

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too concerned about GRRM being unable to finish the series.

As for Stephen King's last book, at this point I think it should be anything he wants to write. DT7 could have been a dropping off point (and I'm glad it wasn't) but at this point I can't really think of anything specific that would serve as the final word to his career.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have wondered for a long time if there really will be a final story. I think there is more than a few stories stored away that will be released for many many years to come. I would like a trip back to Derry in my lifetime.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think we'll be seeing King's final book anytime soon, personally. I have a feeling that since he (narrowly) dodged the grim reaper back in '99, he's going to end up living to be an old, old man. I'm a-gonna say we'll still be buying new Stephen King books for another twenty years or so, and so far, I don't see any indications that they won't continue to be awesome.

Lisey's Story notwithstanding...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    I don't think we'll be seeing King's final book anytime soon, personally. I have a feeling that since he (narrowly) dodged the grim reaper back in '99, he's going to end up living to be an old, old man. I'm a-gonna say we'll still be buying new Stephen King books for another twenty years or so, and so far, I don't see any indications that they won't continue to be awesome.

Lisey's Story notwithstanding...
    Perfectly stated (even if bears could place a few more title before the "notwithstanding" part)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He'll write till he dies...maybe longer.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

ABSOLUTELY....... He'll haunt us beyond his years available to get signed copies

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    He'll haunt us beyond his years
    Lisey's Story all over again.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

BOOL!

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2