Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Tito Villa

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Late last year i had a painting done by Glenn Chadbourne of me and my girlfriend with the dark tower!

Before..

... After
    What an incredibly good idea. Wow. I love the doors in the background.

Roland would have understood.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Letti, i think i love the painting more than all the rest of the book because it has us both in

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Thanks Letti, i think i love the painting more than all the rest of the book because it has us both in
    We are always part of the book we are reading, aren't we?

Roland would have understood.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My new pride and joy ...

A framed Duma Key print by Don Maitz, unfortunately the pics don't do it justice! A big thanks to Ari who gave me Don's contact details!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also here is my signed copy of Duma Key which i have today sent off to be remarqued!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Tim!

John

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is Don's relpy after i asked how the prints were made and were "artist proofs" ...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting me know you got the print ok. I have the ability to make prints using a high end inkjet printer from my home. Since I announced this feature, I am getting requests for prints from some images I had not expected I would ever produce, and many have been one time requests.I hate to disappoint a client so I am willing to fill a request.

Since I make the prints myself and sell them, the additional duties inherent with developing a signed limited numbered edition - having a constantly updated mailing list, keeping track of numbers within various editions, setting up a shopping cart system within my website, and other promotional and secretarial duties, are more effort than I can do without enlarging this aspect of my business drastically, which would reduce my actual creative painting time.

So, I decided for the few requests I am receiving for prints at this time, I will make up a print and once I get the color as close as I can to the original, print it out as an artist proof, ad a little drawing to make it a special item and hold onto the digital file for the time when I find it suitable to make that image into an official numbered edition.

"Artist proofs" traditionally are a small print run within a larger print run which he artist approves. It used to be the artist would work with a printer at a press to get the color right , when it was to the artist' s satisfaction, the printer would finish the edition using the prints the artist approved as his color guide. With lithography, and large printing press operations, the artist's proofs were an acknowledgement to this practice, but were actually just a percentage of the press run that were set aside and numbered as artist's proof even thought these were not necessarily the prints the artist approved.

Since I am printing these myself, I am personally proofing what comes of the inkjet and making color adjustments - so the initial prints I am doing are artist proofs, I just do not know how many will be in the actual print run - if indeed I ever do make a print run in the future. Which is why I did not number the artist proof. Welcome to the ever changing computer based print business!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got mine yesterday as well. Also Artist proof
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest arrival as shown in the remarques thread, it really is a quality book and i hope that CD can sort themselves out to produce the 2nd volume ... so here is my remarqued Secretary of Dreams Vol 1

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tito that is the best one of the SOD's I have seen, beautiful. Congratulations!!!
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, your collection has really grown, Tom! Great signed first editions by King and by Hill, and all the artwork is nice too. You and your girlfriend are a cute couple!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is some more Joe hill stuff ...
    Slipcased Horns

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed 20th Century Ghosts

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Heart Shaped Box

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

John

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John
    Postscripts 3 signed limited

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Saved Signed Hardcover ... now this is a publishers file copy but to my suprise when i got the book i found it has 2 signature paged which made me well happy

1st signature page

2nd signature page

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

The last posting for a while a copy of Gunpowder signed by Joe

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually 2 more i forgot about ...
    Headgames signed

And Welcome to Lovecraft signed

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

good stuff, T.! Looking forward to pictures of your bookshelves (I love to see collections 'in context').

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great additions to your growing Joe Hill collection, Tom!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    good stuff, T.! Looking forward to pictures of your bookshelves (I love to see collections 'in context').
    Unfortunately with my collection being split between my girlfriends and my dads that isn't possibe at the moment but it is on of my aims!

Anyway here is my 1st and only ARC ...

Lisey's Story

and the notebook to go with it!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also a few years ago i was in a local town going past the bookshop and i saw they had a signing with Jeffery Deaver so i went in and had a chat with him, he was even kind enough to sign 2 book for me!...

A propper crazy signature if i hadn't been there i wouldn't know who it was signed by!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I want that notebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast