• 2: Only so-so

5 5.68%
  • 1: I didn't like it

3 3.41%
  • Never Read

2 2.27%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bracket #11: The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah (2004)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #11: The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah (2004)

The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah, 2004

Please vote for The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave this a three. Probably my second-to-least favorite of the series.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The weakest of all the DT books. The only reason I kept reading it at times was because I HAD to finish the story. This chapter of it needed some rewrites though. It gets a 2.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think this one is great, and to me the fastest paced book in the series. Five.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

five! five! loved it! loved it!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My second favorite of the series after DT2! Five, of course.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another 5 from me

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A close second to LISEY'S STORY, which I detested. I could barely read SOS, absolutely (didn't like it a lot). Words in parentheses are my attempt to be polite about my true impression of this book. A negative 10.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Another 5 from me

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I gave this a three. Probably my second-to-least favorite of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The weakest of all the DT books. The only reason I kept reading it at times was because I HAD to finish the story. This chapter of it needed some rewrites though. It gets a 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    ... I could barely read SOS...didn't like it... A negative 10.
    I don't understand any of this.
    Not much downside to it that I can see. Comparatively speaking, I mean.
    It's a pretty good read.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt the story was bloated, overly long, and pretty much unnecessary as a novel in itself. I don't mean that the entire story was unnecessary, just that it could have been trimmed up a lot and split into the books before and after.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit Fire and save on matches!!!

I was thinking of W&G when I voted "I didn't like it." I thought SOS was "good."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

I felt the story was bloated, overly long, and pretty much unnecessary as a novel in itself. I don't mean that the entire story was unnecessary, just that it could have been trimmed up a lot and split into the books before and after.
    bears think it's the unnecessary that makes the best part of King's novels...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I was thinking of W&G when I voted "I didn't like it." I thought SOS was "good."
    don't worry, I have edited the poll accordingly

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

don't worry, I have edited the poll accordingly

Thankee-sai
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Yar, and in this book is a perfect example: Trudy Damascus.

Country
    Country Flag

precisely

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I gave this one a 4.
    I would have given it a 3 without Rev. Harrigan and John Cullum; who are my most favorite of the 'minor' characters in the series.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 3. It was my least favorite of the series.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3 from me as well. The whole character of Susanna/Detta/Odetta never really did anything for me. The saga ROCKS when it comes to Roland, Eddie, Jake, Oy, Cuthbert, Alain, the various incarnations of Walter/Marten/Flagg, and the minor characters both hero and villian. The saga BOGS DOWN when it focuses on Susanna/Detta/Odetta. I never did even buy the "true love" thing with Eddie. They should have left her on the beach.

(Sorry, had to get that out of my system)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually really enjoyed a number of passages from this book. I think it deserves a 5.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I really don't like Susannah.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    They should have left her on the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast