Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 441 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    So a person should watch Season 1 and then the movie?
    Part of season two also, until they solve the murder. Then consider yourself lucky if you never hear any of what happened in the second half of season 2.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like I have to watch it because I want to see a cross dressing Mulder!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Mattrick - It's funny. I can completely and utterly agree with you in one second and then wonder if we've seen the same movie in the next.

Magnolia - I loved it. LOVED IT. I might even give it a 10/10. Can I ask what made you give it a 9? I think Tom Cruise is just outstanding here. I am sure I've mentioned it elsewhere, but one of my all time favorite scenes - anywhere - is the interview scene with Tom just sitting there and when he's asked what he's doing, he says "What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you."
    Funny enough, I was questioning my own rating as I dwelled on Magnolia some more and realized I should have given it ten of ten. It is a masterwork. I often save my 10 of 10s for movies that have a lot to consider and ponder and the visuals are excellent. That is why I gave Little Children 10 of 10 because.

Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her - OMG. It was like a bad made for TV movie. I'd give it a 4/10, tops. And that's only because of some of the cast bringing so much to a horrible script. Can I ask why you happened to watch this one? ( it's kind of obscure )
    Rodrigo Garcia. I love In Treatment and my friend likes Rodrigo Garcia so I gave him In Treatment, he gave me his movies. 9 Lives by him is simply excellent. All his movies though are snipets, no over-arching plots, loosely connected. I'm a huge fan of Garcia as a writer because he gets people. He's fascinated with people, most notablely, women. Things You Can Tell is all about superficial qualities and how they related to personal, hidden qualities. It shows that strengths can also be a weakness. Garcia likes to show people during intense emotional times and he knows to direct his actors for it.

I gotta go...I'll expand this when I'm home later
    Ten Things is a movie that is about what you see compared to what you get. Sure there are things you can tell about people by simply looking at them but there are things you also cannot. This is what the movie delves into; the hope and despair and the conditioning that's done to make it through daily lives. Each of the characters in the movie are left in an emotional precipice. The last couple minutes of movie sums it up nicely and we get a little resolution to the rejections each of the women just experienced and we are left with hope that the women will find what they are looking for and will be no longer trapped. Cameron Diaz's character is a favourite of mine because she is blind yet seems to see situations and people more clearly than everyone else.

And I'm just going to say this now...Holly Hunter has the sexiest voice in Hollywood.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad Santa [2003]
    Director: Terry Zqigoff
    Writers: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
    Cast: Billy Bob Thornton, Tony Cox, Lauren Holly and Bernie Mac

This is my idea of a Christmas movie. It's barely sappy. Willie (Thornton) is a despicable person. He hates kids, drinks, has sex all the time, is rude, disrespectful, foul-mouthed commits crimes naturally; worst of all is he preys on Christmas. He uses an image of Santa Claus, the benelovent, generous and jolly man who gives the children of the world presents. Willie has none of these qualities and uses the costume of santa, along with his midget parter (Cox) to rob the malls he works in blind.

There are so many images in this movie that, if they were to happen in real life, would trauatize the hell out of a child. There is the shooting of a santa claus, a drunk santa claus who falls all over his set and that one poor, shy kid who disturbed Santa Willie on his lunch break only get a yelling (with a side of lettuce) in his face. I feel these images allow you to hate the character even more than you would for him just being a miserable prickish, drunk. Now enter The Kid (I believe he reveals his name to be thurman); an overweight, quiet and timid kid, who lives with his grandma because his dad is in jail (but he believes he's adventuring in the mountains). This kid is the epitome of innocence. He takes the berating and yelling from Willie in stride, as if he doesn't notice or isn't willing to notice. Willie first intends to rob this kids house blind but ends up coming back. the patheticness of the kid causes him to teach him things, how to stick up for himself etc.

The movie has some good supporting characters; the jewish girl with a Santa fetish, the controlling midget, the bumbling mall operator (late John Ritter) and a metrosexual tough security chief (late Bernie Mac), who round out this cast full of oddballs. In the end the movie delivers a nice christmas message which is all the more effective coming from such a no good drunk, such as Willie. We need more Christmas movies that aren't good for the entire family and go straight for the juggular like this one does.

I love the woman who plays the kids grandmother. I think all her lines in the movie are 'let me get you some sandwiches' and the line is so perfectly timed.

7/10

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats on our Christmas rotation! Love it
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, it is my christmas rotation. Though I also enjoy watching Love Actually and Home Alone at christmas. Holdiay movies end there for me lol.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

The only other movie on that rotation is The Nightmare Before Christmas and thats only because we have kids! Well Spike always runs the Star Wars movies every holiday and we always manage to watch some of them, so maybe that counts too

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, I didn't know Jedi's celebrated Christmas. Maybe it's a Sith tradition.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, I didn't know Jedi's celebrated Christmas. Maybe it's a Sith tradition.
    Clearly

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Little Fockers a couple of days ago....Awful movie!
    Simply not funny and such a waste of so much talent - imagine, Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman, Barbra Streisand, Harvey Keitell, Blythe Danner, Laura Dern all in one movie and all they could come up with was this.
    Yuck!

1/5

sk

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Mattrick - It's funny. I can completely and utterly agree with you in one second and then wonder if we've seen the same movie in the next.

Magnolia - I loved it. LOVED IT. I might even give it a 10/10. Can I ask what made you give it a 9? I think Tom Cruise is just outstanding here. I am sure I've mentioned it elsewhere, but one of my all time favorite scenes - anywhere - is the interview scene with Tom just sitting there and when he's asked what he's doing, he says "What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you."
    Funny enough, I was questioning my own rating as I dwelled on Magnolia some more and realized I should have given it ten of ten. It is a masterwork. I often save my 10 of 10s for movies that have a lot to consider and ponder and the visuals are excellent. That is why I gave Little Children 10 of 10 because.

Things You Can Tell Just By Looking At Her - OMG. It was like a bad made for TV movie. I'd give it a 4/10, tops. And that's only because of some of the cast bringing so much to a horrible script. Can I ask why you happened to watch this one? ( it's kind of obscure )
    Rodrigo Garcia. I love In Treatment and my friend likes Rodrigo Garcia so I gave him In Treatment, he gave me his movies. 9 Lives by him is simply excellent. All his movies though are snipets, no over-arching plots, loosely connected. I'm a huge fan of Garcia as a writer because he gets people. He's fascinated with people, most notablely, women. Things You Can Tell is all about superficial qualities and how they related to personal, hidden qualities. It shows that strengths can also be a weakness. Garcia likes to show people during intense emotional times and he knows to direct his actors for it.

I gotta go...I'll expand this when I'm home later
    Ten Things is a movie that is about what you see compared to what you get. Sure there are things you can tell about people by simply looking at them but there are things you also cannot. This is what the movie delves into; the hope and despair and the conditioning that's done to make it through daily lives. Each of the characters in the movie are left in an emotional precipice. The last couple minutes of movie sums it up nicely and we get a little resolution to the rejections each of the women just experienced and we are left with hope that the women will find what they are looking for and will be no longer trapped. Cameron Diaz's character is a favourite of mine because she is blind yet seems to see situations and people more clearly than everyone else.

And I'm just going to say this now...Holly Hunter has the sexiest voice in Hollywood.
    Oh, so it was Rodrigo Garcia that brought you to 10 Things. I was completly wondering about that.

I understanding what 10 Things is about and what it is striving to be, I just think it missed it's mark. BIG TIME. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I thought Cameron Diaz was ... well, bad. And not believable at all. I liked Holly and Glenn Close, but even they couldn't save it from being a big stinker for me.

Holly Hunter - An amazing actress ( and yes, a great voice ). Have you ever seen her TV Series that was on TNT? Saving Grace? One of the most rewarding and moving I've seen. She's just phenom in it.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    I feel like I have to watch it because I want to see a cross dressing Mulder!
    I was ALMOST able to forget about that....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Watched Little Fockers a couple of days ago....Awful movie!
    Simply not funny and such a waste of so much talent - imagine, Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman, Barbra Streisand, Harvey Keitell, Blythe Danner, Laura Dern all in one movie and all they could come up with was this.
    Yuck!

1/5

sk
    I find this sad because my husband and I just got done watching the other two and are looking forward to the third. I haven't seen it get but from the preview I feel like I have an understanding. I think that instead of following the same formula of putting them against each other, they should team them up to fight against someone else.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched From Paris With Love, featuring John Travolta and I must say it was awesome. John Travolta has always been a favorite of mine, and he didn't disappoint! It's not one of those movies that you have to sit and think about the plot or solve some kind of mystery, it does have a little bit of mystery, but you aren't ever focused on it because of all the action going on. This reminded me of Shoot em' Up with Clive Owens.

8/10

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved Shoot 'em up. Seriously one of the best mindless movies ever for me.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then you'll love From Paris With Love.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

From Paris With Love looks simply ghastly. Never catch me watching that one.

Taken [2008]
    Director: don't care
    Writer: Even more pointless
    Cast: Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Famke Jannsen, Xander Berkely, Leland Orser.

This movie got progessively worse as it went. They forgot about characters, left things hanging. Maggie Grace who plays Neeson's daughter is the most selfish person ever. Her friend Amanda
    Spoiler:
    dies in the film and when her Neeson rescues the daughter there is no 'where is my best friend?' no crying, no questions, no 'can you kill to get her too?' They simply go back to the states, have a tearful reunion with Famke Jansen and Xander Berkeley (24 shoutout!) and go see a celebrity and it's happy.
    Maybe we're supposed to forget the introduced characters and plotlines. Where was the climactic battle full of emotion? That happened halfway through the movie and it ended up like Finding Nemo, he found his daughter and kept losing her.

Neeson played the role well (omg he can finally do an American accent!) but to any 24 fan...we've seen Jack Bauer do the same stuff except better..including get his taken daughter back and it was done much better. First half of Taken = 7/10, second half = 3/10 so I'm going to give it a:

5/10

The Squid and the Whale [2005]
    Director: Noah Baumbach
    Writer: Noah Baumbach
    Cast: Jeff Daniels, Laura Linney, Jesse Eisenberg, Owen Kline, William Baldwin, Anna Paquin

This was a real good movie. Really well acted and well written. It's based on Baumbach's own experiences which makes sense. As someone who's parents separated it felt really authentic. Some of the movie was almost too much. A lot of the movie was unintentionally funny, at least it felt like it to me. The entire family is damaged and none of them know how to deal with it nor do they know who to blame, who to hate and who to love. Eisenbergs character was interesting because he was so stoic, he doesn't know how to feel or when to feel his emotions. You can tell he's angry but not very angry. In the movie he decides to stay with his father until later a school therapist (cameo by Ken Leung) helps him realize his mother was the one who gave him a good memory to hold on too.

The movie is awkward and it shows through in the editing and how awkwardly it cuts. Baumbach is a very good director and writer, so I'll have to check the rest of his movies.

8/10

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

We didnt care for Taken either. It just wrapped itself up too easily

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in Taken because I've always been interested in sex trafficing, the stories of the women that have been saved from trafficing are amazing. I do want to see Taken, but probably wont for a while.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

My roommate and I watched Taken a week before I left for Europe, and it freaked me the fuck out. The movie itself was pretty poor, but afterwards I was like I'm going to get kidnapped?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Taken. that is all.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Neeson's name no longer means a thing to me. He just keeps appearing in so many turkeys.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, I guess he's just at that age where he's taking any gig thrown his way, most aging actors go through that phase because of their dwindling opportunities to star in titular roles. De Niro, Pacino, Nicholson, etc.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how you can say that about Nicholson. About Schmidt, As Good As It Gets, The Pledge, The Departed and Something Gotta Give? All good movies. Sure he made Anger Management and Bucket List but I can forgive him for those, considering his other movies. Pacino and most definitely De Niro I agree with. De Niro has made some stinkers, that's for sure. Nicholson made his stinkers late 80's early 90's.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can say that about Nicholson because he appeared in How Do You Know, which is easily amongst the decades worst and is alone worth 3 stinkers.

How Do You Know, Anger Management, The Bucket List, even About Schmidt was pretty 'meh'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 441 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast