Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 439 of 441 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 437 438 439 440 441 LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,975 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Killers of the Flower Moon was excellent. Sure it feels like it's length, but I was engrossed the entire time. I was beginning to feel like Mollie was getting short changed in the film, but that was also what made the ending scenes so effective. I actually wasn't aware of the real history behind the film
    Spoiler:
    That these murders are what basically launched the FBI
    and yet I like that the film didn't go out of it's way to make it a story about historical events, but a film about historical people. I don't think most people would necessarily understand what I mean by that, but I think people here do.

5/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Killers of the Flower Moon was excellent. Sure it feels like it's length, but I was engrossed the entire time. I was beginning to feel like Mollie was getting short changed in the film, but that was also what made the ending scenes so effective. I actually wasn't aware of the real history behind the film
    Spoiler:
    That these murders are what basically launched the FBI
    and yet I like that the film didn't go out of it's way to make it a story about historical events, but a film about historical people. I don't think most people would necessarily understand what I mean by that, but I think people here do.

5/5
    I thought the movie was good but I wish it would have done what the book did in the first third. It mainly told the story from Mollie's point of view instead of the killers. That way there is a little suspense about exactly who is doing what and how everything is tied together. In the movie, they show the killers plotting most of the acts out so there is no mystery.

I would still give it a 4 of 5. You will be glad you watched it but between the length and subject matter, it is not a movie you can watch over and over again.

You should really read the book. It is a great read and really brings home the tragedy of the whole thing, such as how most of the Osage didn't even get the little bit of justice that Mollie did.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The new Hunger Games was fantastic and the best of the series! Highly recommended.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The new Hunger Games was fantastic and the best of the series! Highly recommended.
    That's exciting news. I am seeing it on Thanksgiving. Can't wait!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Marvels last night. I know it's been taking a hit, along with Marvel in general, but I actually enjoyed it for what but was. The brevity of its running time played to its lack of depth. But it was fun, and I liked that I got to see little deeper into its central lead. 7/10

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw The Hunger Games: Ballad of the Songbirds and Snakes. I thought it was an excellent adaptation of the novel, dare I say, even better than the novel. I am a fan of The Hunger Games books and films, and this one did not disappoint. 8/10

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanksgiving

It's like Scream, but with Turkey and Thanksgiving puns. Part satire, part meta, and gorier than you might expect, it's a fun time at the movies. See it if you're a slasher fan.

4/5

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen Saltburn? It's my favorite film of the year right now. There are some things in that film that I have never seen in a movie before.

Emerald Fennell is two for two and has emerged as an exciting young director. Promising Young Woman was fantastic and Saltburn might just top it. Barry Keoghan might just be my favorite actor working today. He's just on another level. I can't wait to see what's in store for him.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Godzilla Minus One: one of the best Japanese Godzilla movies ever. Solid story, excellent effects (on a budget of only 15 million USD) - just not enough Godzilla.
    9/10

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Godzilla Minus One: one of the best Japanese Godzilla movies ever. Solid story, excellent effects (on a budget of only 15 million USD) - just not enough Godzilla.
    9/10

sk
    I was with you until the end. I've had my fill of "Godzilla movies that don't really feature Godzilla but oh hey here's a whole bunch of one-dimensional human characters." I want to see Godzilla/Kaijus/Monsters tearing shit up for at least a 3rd of the film. Godzilla vs Kong has so far been the best in this regard.

Think I'll wait for home video now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm checking out the new Miyazaki this weekend.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I am most excited for this release than any other so far this year.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Covid and I am trying to catch up on some things. Just watched X - fun little slasher flick that owes so much to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 8/10

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check out Pearl next! I thought that was even better--and one of my favorite movies I saw that year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I have Covid...
    You must be the last person in the USA to have it. Get well soon.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Check out Pearl next! I thought that was even better--and one of my favorite movies I saw that year.
    X and Pearl were both amazing and well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, thanks for turning me on to Pearl - I had no idea there was a prequel or that this is actually going to be a trilogy. I daresay that Pearl is a rare treat, a film that is actually better than is predecessor. Just a great film, with a superb performance from Mia Goth. Goths' three performances in two films are just outstanding. So much fun - can't believe I waited so long to watch these.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunned and floored by Leave the World Behind on Netflix. You all know I don't really ever write about movies I watch because, I dunno, I find it hard to get my thoughts and more importantly feelings on a visual medium into words, but sometimes, not very often, movies like this one come along. And what's even more surprising is that nobody seems to be talking about it, with all the buzz about Poor Things and other Oscar hopefuls, this just sneaked by everyone. In a fair world, this would be a big deal. In our world, it's dumped on Netflix with no fanfare. I was actually feeling ambivalent about watching it, because it seemed similar to Knock at the Cabin, and while that had interesting moments, ultimately I was disappointed with the movie. Leave the World Behind is pretty much nothing like that. It's a lot darker and even reminded me a bit of Annihilation, if it took place on rich suburban Long Island. I really wish this was advertised more and actually shown in theaters as I would've loved to have seen this on the big screen. It looks visually stunning with amazing and impossible camera moves that Fincher used to love doing. The acting is perfect across the board. The score is intense and memorable. This will most likely be in the Top 10 of 2023 for me.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunned and floored by Leave the World Behind on Netflix. You all know I don't really ever write about movies I watch because, I dunno, I find it hard to get my thoughts and more importantly feelings on a visual medium into words, but sometimes, not very often, movies like this one come along. And what's even more surprising is that nobody seems to be talking about it, with all the buzz about Poor Things and other Oscar hopefuls, this just sneaked by everyone. In a fair world, this would be a big deal. In our world, it's dumped on Netflix with no fanfare. I was actually feeling ambivalent about watching it, because it seemed similar to Knock at the Cabin, and while that had interesting moments, ultimately I was disappointed with the movie. Leave the World Behind is pretty much nothing like that. It's a lot darker and even reminded me a bit of Annihilation, if it took place on rich suburban Long Island. I really wish this was advertised more and actually shown in theaters as I would've loved to have seen this on the big screen. It looks visually stunning with amazing and impossible camera moves that Fincher used to love doing. The acting is perfect across the board. The score is intense and memorable. This will most likely be in the Top 10 of 2023 for me.
    A Mae review?!?

Have you read the book? I have it but I haven't read it yet. You articulated my biggest issue with films going directly to streaming services. There's little to no fanfare. It's almost like they don't exist.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't even know it was a book until the credits started. Excited to check it out now!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is there humor to Leave The World Behind? I was interested, then I saw a trailer with jaunty music that made me wonder what they were going for.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

There is a bit of satire to it, for sure, in places, some funny or light moments, but it's a very tense and dark film for the most part.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Leave the World Behind. I wish I seen this in theatre and not on my home TV. It's a solid, exciting and well acted movie that kept me on the edge of my seat. 9/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree with this in every way. This film is a masterpiece.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 439 of 441 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 437 438 439 440 441 LastLast