Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 441 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

V for Vendetta is one of my all time favorite movies.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

The Imposter I thought was very good.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

WALL-E 8.5/10

I just watched this for the first time. I wish I hadn't waited so long. This movie was fantastic, I don't even know where to begin. Just awesome.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Wall-E is amazing. Such an intelligent and well presented movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the Mouth of Madness: I liked the first 30 and the last 5 minutes. The rest was all tentacles and special effects; bears aren't really into either.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like it very much. I promise you'll love the other one
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it anyway, because it was you who recommended it, and while watching, I knew I was seeing what you once saw

I am watching Charlotte now, and loving it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Bette Davis is amazing. I love her.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Bette Davis is amazing. I love her.
    This!!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Country
    Country Flag

Bette Davis is my goddess. Especially her voice... no, her eyes... no, her everything!

Have just watched Charlotte, loved it! thank you Heather!

P.S. I've finally finished and posted a Cul-de-Sac review for you

P.P.S. Maybe be there are more movies like Charlotte I don't know of? Maybe there's something else you could recommend to a bear?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yes! I love how they didn't f*ck it up. Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving were brilliant. This is one of my top ten movies of all time. Maybe even top five...

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yes! I love how they didn't f*ck it up. Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving were brilliant. This is one of my top ten movies of all time. Maybe even top five...
    This.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Bette Davis is my goddess. Especially her voice... no, her eyes... no, her everything!

Have just watched Charlotte, loved it! thank you Heather!

P.S. I've finally finished and posted a Cul-de-Sac review for you

P.P.S. Maybe be there are more movies like Charlotte I don't know of? Maybe there's something else you could recommend to a bear?
    I knew you were going to love it. It's such a good film. Not to mention stylistically speaking, the cinematography is absolutely breathtaking in that picture.

What about The Magnificent Ambersons, or have you already seen it? Pam recommended that one to me awhile back, and I absolutely loved it. Let me think for a little bit, and I'll be back with some more recommendations for you. And I saw the review you posted the other day. I meant to go back and read it last night, but I didn't get a chance. I'll post my thoughts as soon as I do.

My Mood
    Gay

I think I've seen every Bette Davis film ... and even with the film itself it's that great - Bette just shines. She's a classic.

Did I miss a discussion on all her classics : All About Eve, Jezebel, Deception, Now Voyager...

The Magnificent Ambersons. One of my favorites. It's editing, lighting, blocking, etc is really wonderful.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have Netflix by the weekend!!! Canadians rejoice....WE HAVE IT!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    4.Toy Story 3 4/10 it was ok, and i can see why it was popular but i didnt get the whole - this is the best film of the franchise that a few of my friends said, and what part of the film was supposed to make grown men cry?
    Agree. In my eyes, it was barely as good as the first two. I guess I'd give it at least a 5/10, tho.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    4.Toy Story 3 4/10 it was ok, and i can see why it was popular but i didnt get the whole - this is the best film of the franchise that a few of my friends said, and what part of the film was supposed to make grown men cry?
    Agree. In my eyes, it was barely as good as the first two. I guess I'd give it at least a 5/10, tho.
    Oh I loved Toy Story 3. I hated the second one, but I felt number three redeemed the series.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well maybe that's it. I liked the second one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It still baffles me that Toy Story 2 is considered better than the original. TS1 is miles, leagues better than the sequel.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, I would say that TS2 is better... by inches. It is easy to forget how great the original was, however, because the greatest thing about it was how original it was. Very fresh at that time. The only bad thing about part 2 that I'm aware of is that some of the jokes were really stupid and carried a little too far. I hope y'all didn't let just that spoil it for you, tho.
    TS3 also still very good; just not so special that it deserves all the raves I've heard this year.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My order would be

Toy Story 1 > Toy Story 3 > Toy Story 2

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Nah, I would say that TS2 is better... by inches. It is easy to forget how great the original was, however, because the greatest thing about it was how original it was. Very fresh at that time. The only bad thing about part 2 that I'm aware of is that some of the jokes were really stupid and carried a little too far. I hope y'all didn't let just that spoil it for you, tho.
    TS3 also still very good; just not so special that it deserves all the raves I've heard this year.
    I think with Toy Story 3, you have to come at it with a very specific view point.

Take my friends and I, for example. We went to go see it the day before I moved here to Ames, to start college. Among all 5 of us, I was the only one moving away. And the last scene made us all cry like babies. It's not that it was a universally moving piece of cinema, but it completely echoed what was going on in our own lives at the moment. That's what made it love it so much.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

So did you...
    Spoiler:
    find good homes for your old toys?
    I remember leaving home, but that made me feel only strangely guilty.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be watching Toy Story 3 on Netflix. I loved the first two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 441 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast