Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 441 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Bad Taste 6.5/10

How did I have no idea this film existed! Peter Jackson's first film about aliens that take over a town in New Zealand. While not as good as Dead Alive this film still has some great moments. Super cheesy, bad acting, and lots of gore. What more could you ask for

And that last scene! I think that is one of the craziest moments I've ever seen in a horror film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Bad Taste 6.5/10

How did I have no idea this film existed! Peter Jackson's first film about aliens that take over a town in New Zealand. While not as good as Dead Alive this film still has some great moments. Super cheesy, bad acting, and lots of gore. What more could you ask for

And that last scene! I think that is one of the craziest moments I've ever seen in a horror film.
    Don't forget Sgt Pepper Beatles in the bus.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, that was a pretty random appearance by them.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jacob's Ladder - 9/10

Hadn't seen this movie in years. Rewatched today in the morning, and I have to say it's even trippier than I remember. There is literally one scene / plot device that keeps it from getting a perfect score , which I felt put a serious dent in the overall impact of the film. Otherwise, a near perfect movie.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Jacob's Ladder - 9/10

Hadn't seen this movie in years. Rewatched today in the morning, and I have to say it's even trippier than I remember. There is literally one scene / plot device that keeps it from getting a perfect score , which I felt put a serious dent in the overall impact of the film. Otherwise, a near perfect movie.

That is one of my all time favorite movies. What is the one scene/plot device you refer to.

Friends, do NOT watch this film on more than 20 hits of good acid. Trust me!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Jacob's Ladder! Man that's a blast from the past... my friends and I still occasionally make references to "shaky head"...

... though I must confess, I didn't like it as much as Feev and Brice.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is one I've watched probably hundreds of times.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

John F. Kennedy C~Dog is on a distinguished road C~Dog's Avatar

How To Train Your Dragon - 9/10

I love this move so much. The animation and rendering is beautiful, the characters are all interesting and unique, and the story is engaging. The only thing I didn't like was that there were only about 6 dragon species actually featured (not counting those in Hiccup's Dragon Manual), but that is very minor. Overall it is a fucking fantastic movie and I want dragons to be real so I can fly away forever.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Breakfast Club - 9/10

With me being at the end of High School this film really struck a chord with me. It's actually a very powerful movie. John Hughes was a master.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C~Dog View Post
    How To Train Your Dragon - 9/10

I love this move so much. The animation and rendering is beautiful, the characters are all interesting and unique, and the story is engaging. The only thing I didn't like was that there were only about 6 dragon species actually featured (not counting those in Hiccup's Dragon Manual), but that is very minor. Overall it is a fucking fantastic movie and I want dragons to be real so I can fly away forever.
    Had the pleasure of seeing this one the other day. With twin baby girls (2 yo) we have only gone to 3 movies and were unable to watch the first 2, but the girls quietly watched the first half of this movie, and then peacefully slept the second half. It was a real treat.

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    The Breakfast Club - 9/10

With me being at the end of High School this film really struck a chord with me. It's actually a very powerful movie. John Hughes was a master.
    Is this the first time you have seen this one? This is one of my favorites.

False alarms are really funny, aren't they. What if your home, what if your family . . . what if your dope was on fire?
    Impossible, sir. It's in Johnson's underwear.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Jacob's Ladder - 9/10

That is one of my all time favorite movies. What is the one scene/plot device you refer to.
    Now that I think about , it's two scenes :

Spoiler:
    The part where the chemist reveals himself and the drug conspiracy. Up to that point , the movie was a thematic labyrinth - is it a psychological thriller ? A super natural thriller ? Is it really the drugs that's making him act this way , or is he in a purgatory of some sort ? Is this a near-death meta physical journey, or is he just remembering his past ?

The chemist's revelation grounds the film - unnecessarily , I might add - it leaves little to no room for speculation. The film's greatest strength was not knowing if his journey is a 'real' one or merely an imaginative narrative of a near dying man. Also, the text at the end of the film with the government denying the allegations or some such only further grounds the film. To the director's defense, I've read on numerous forums that he was forced by the studio to shoehorn the chemist scene so that the film at least 'made some sense' to an esoteric group (i.e those that can't handle the film not having a definite answer )

But , like I said , it's a near flawless film and one that I'm sure I will revisit frequently.

-----

North By Northwest - 8/10

Another solid Hitchcock endeavor.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    2 / 10
    But it is enjoyable. And Robert Downey Jr.is really successful.
    Preface: Please realize that my post, while being a bit forward, is not aimed at attacking you or trying to stir up trouble, I just really don't know what happened with your score and all I have to go on so far is your number.

I think I've given this comment plenty of time to simmer before I say this: How has no one questioned your rating yet? Please tell me why you gave it a 2 out of 10 because I honestly don't understand it. If you dislike the Holmes stories, then I can see why you would hate this movie, but if you like Sherlock Holmes then there is no reason I've heard to dislike it. Sherlock Holmes was the best interpretation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works yet. It had an original plot, yet it stuck to the characters, story conventions, and overall aesthetic of a Holmes novel better than any other live adaptation. I must reiterate: the character portrayals were perfect, down to the last word and movement. It even had multiple lines that were from various Holmes short stories and novels (example: "Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay!"). Guy Ritchie's direction was also fantastic: witty and quick banter between Holmes and Watson fit the stories perfectly, the way he uses camera angles and lighting, even the inclusion of the homosexual tension between Holmes and Watson as well as Holmes drug addictions; all of it molds together beautifully.

My rating of Sherlock Holmes: 10/10. And I don't give that score lightly.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Glad you enjoyed it! Is Rear Window coming up soon?!

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Glad you enjoyed it! Is Rear Window coming up soon?!
    Please do watch Rear Window, it's an unforgettable masterpiece of cinema.

I just watched Citizen Kane for the first time. I loved the style that the camera had throughout the film. I really loved the use of mirrors and reflections.

10/10

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    2 / 10
    But it is enjoyable. And Robert Downey Jr.is really successful.
    Preface: Please realize that my post, while being a bit forward, is not aimed at attacking you or trying to stir up trouble, I just really don't know what happened with your score and all I have to go on so far is your number.

I think I've given this comment plenty of time to simmer before I say this: How has no one questioned your rating yet? Please tell me why you gave it a 2 out of 10 because I honestly don't understand it. If you dislike the Holmes stories, then I can see why you would hate this movie, but if you like Sherlock Holmes then there is no reason I've heard to dislike it. Sherlock Holmes was the best interpretation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works yet. It had an original plot, yet it stuck to the characters, story conventions, and overall aesthetic of a Holmes novel better than any other live adaptation. I must reiterate: the character portrayals were perfect, down to the last word and movement. It even had multiple lines that were from various Holmes short stories and novels (example: "Data! Data! Data! I cannot make bricks without clay!"). Guy Ritchie's direction was also fantastic: witty and quick banter between Holmes and Watson fit the stories perfectly, the way he uses camera angles and lighting, even the inclusion of the homosexual tension between Holmes and Watson as well as Holmes drug addictions; all of it molds together beautifully.

My rating of Sherlock Holmes: 10/10. And I don't give that score lightly.
    I think the ratings here are personal. I mean, I was not being objective. When I read your comment, I agree most of it. But this is not a movie I can rate more, beside some others I would give 3 and more.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Avatar - 9/10 ... not the best of stories, but the visual effects are stunning!

My Mood
    Gay

Can I just say that I love ( !!! ) that you guys are all going back to watch the "classics" ... those are some amazing movies and a lot of people just never take the time to seek them out and enjoy them.

Well done, my friends!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Can I just say that I love ( !!! ) that you guys are all going back to watch the "classics" ... those are some amazing movies and a lot of people just never take the time to seek them out and enjoy them.

Well done, my friends!
    I have to ask... How old are you? Just curiosity...

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post

Well done, my friends!
    I have to ask... How old are you? Just curiosity...
    Oh, I'm pretty old .... 44.

But... sincerely, my Mom was a great fan of the movies and really brought me up on all the classics. Hepburn, Welles, Hitchcock, Stewart and a lot of the cheese, too. You know, Beach Blanket Bingo and those. Plus, she was a big Rock Hudson fan, so I've seen all those screwball comedies and ... well, let's just say that I've seen a ton of movies, and keep adding to them all the time. I love the classics and I love indie films, and blockbusters and ... you get the idea.

It's a great debt I owe my Mom, honestly. It's a wonderful love of film that she gave me, intended or not.

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

i (finally) saw The Fantastic Mr Fox
    which I give a resounding 9.5 out of 10.
    the point five i take off for the plot line
    which was cute but could have been a lot
    better and more connected, but the cast and the effects
    were amazing
    it was pretty much as cute as can be.
    love love LOVED it when they were "glowing:

speaking of classic film
    i saw the More the Merrier from 1943 with
    Jean Arthur, Joel McCrea and Charles Coburn

10/10

i really like it and was very entertained.
    they don't make movies and write plot lines
    like they used to
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Defendor - 9/10

What a movie. My brother and I bought it at WalMart purely on impulse, because it's Woody Harrelson as a child-like superhero. XD I'd have given it a ten, but it ripped like every DC comic ever made, so that took it down to 9. XD But it's awesome, and I think everyone should watch it at least once.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Without A Cause - 6/10

While the film deals with universal themes that most can relate to - the misunderstanding of youth, the sometimes exasperating relationship between teenagers and their parents, the wanting to be accepted by your peers - the overly melodramatic way in which it most of the dialogue is delivered was often off putting and ruined immersion in pivotal moments.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well done, my friends!
    Which reminds me...

The Philadelphia Story will be showing at the Castle Theatre at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. Basically we all sit around at our homes and watch this movie, interjecting comments in the Castle Theatre thread. All are welcome to attend.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'm pretty old .... 44.
    Seriouisly? I never would have guessed. Judging by your posts, etc., I could've sworn you were in your late twenties, early thirties.

On topic, I haven't seen any movies lately. Anyone have any good recommendations in the suspense genre?

I've been eager to go see Date Night, as Carell and Fey are my personal heroes ( ). Is it any good?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    On topic, I haven't seen any movies lately. Anyone have any good recommendations in the suspense genre?
    Check out Under Suspicion with Gene Hackman and Monica Bellucci (sigh ) if you haven't done so already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 441 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast