Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 441 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Divemaster, you're gonna believe this - I asked around on reddit about the film, and they pointed me in the right direction.

Do you know which film it was? Why Don't You Play In Hell? LMAOOOOO

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Divemaster, you're gonna believe this - I asked around on reddit about the film, and they pointed me in the right direction.

Do you know which film it was? Why Don't You Play In Hell? LMAOOOOO
    Ah! That is funny. What threw me off was that the subterfuge is not a music video, and it's not so much that they want to cover it up, but for...other reasons. They're not trying to disguise anything. But, yeah, I'm laughing at myself (elephant in the room and all that)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Why Don't You Play in Hell? (2013)

Well, well, well. Another Sion Sono film that showed up in my mailbox from Netflix. How about that. For the first hour, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be gaining from this movie-watching experience. The plot was rather disjointed, popping between a renegade film crew of losers and 2 rival Yakuza gangs that I couldn't quite figure out what their beefs with each other were. And a little girl singing a toothpaste commercial.

I was mildly entertained. It was obvious the film was not to be taken too seriously. I'd categorize the first hour as "slightly whimsical." Unfortunately, "slightly whimsical" is not really in my genre/tone wheelhouse.

But then, about an hour in (right when the "pretend boyfriend" gets kidnapped to direct a Yakuza raid home movie)...it hit me. Farce! The movie just went all-in Farce, and I really started liking it. Farce is very difficult to do well, but Why Don't You Play in Hell?'s last half is a very enjoyable farce. I was all smiles and even laughed out loud a few times.

Very obvious homage to Kill Bill (even the music is almost a carbon copy of the "House of Blue Leaves" fight between Beatrice Kiddo and O-ren Ishii). Obvious homage to the Zatoichi films, with the style of samurai sword fights. Stylistic homages to HK action (slo-mo and double guns). The renegade filmmaking hints at Bowfinger. I'm not sure that Sono intended it, but I even got a Peter Jackson (Dead Alive) vibe, if you remember the carnage with the lawnmower. The Bruce Lee wannabe was very good. And hilarious. And the toothpaste girl! As a little girl, she's as cute as the dickens, and as a grown-up? I'll call her "short-shorts samurai." Miss SSS might be the most flirtatiously sexy/hot/cute Japanese actress I've ever seen. She's...amazing.

4 stars (out of 5).
    I've been meaning to watch Why Don't You Play in Hell for ages. It was the film at the top of my queue when I got rid of my Netflix DVD subscription.

I need to watch more Sion Sono. The only thing I've seen from him is Cold Fish which I thought was brilliant.

Also divemaster you probably know the answer to this: I'm looking for this film, I think it's Chinese or Japanese. From what I remember of the trailer it's about these two mob bosses who are planning to have a turf war, and in order to cover it up they arrange a faux music-video shoot to disguise the real violence taking place throughout the complex.

The violence in the trailer is very stylized, very Kill Billy. Ring any bells?
    I believe that's the movie he's talking about. Why Don't You Play in Hell?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

(read the post above yours)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

(read the post above yours)
    My bad. I got stuck on the previous page and thought it was the most up-to-date. I'm new to message boards.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Boys:

Viewed this a week ago. Just as the movie started ~35 developmentally disabled young adults came in with there chaperones. Initially they were loud and spurting out for no reason and I figured they would ruin the movie viewing experience for me. A strange thing happened, they settled down, and began to enjoy the movie, laughing at many of the funny scenes. Their laughter became a bit infectious and everyone had a great time. They actually improved my viewing experience.

The movie is quite funny (though very predictable). I give it 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good Boys:

Viewed this a week ago. Just as the movie started ~35 developmentally disabled young adults came in with there chaperones. Initially they were loud and spurting out for no reason and I figured they would ruin the movie viewing experience for me. A strange thing happened, they settled down, and began to enjoy the movie, laughing at many of the funny scenes. Their laughter became a bit infectious and everyone had a great time. They actually improved my viewing experience.

The movie is quite funny (though very predictable). I give it 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    That's a great story! I loved the film too. A lot of fun.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw IT Chapter Two (big review incoming) and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood which was really good. The ending was not only hilarious, but beautiful.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It. Awesome. Loved it. I thought it was better than the first part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome photo bro!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Spring/Summer movie wrap-up.

https://tinyurl.com/QuickFlicks19

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It Chapter 2:

A letdown from chapter 1. At 169 minutes the movie plods along. The best scenes are where the group is together, but in a waste of time, each is sent on a private journey to obtain a totem. The only one that works (and it does work exceptionally well) is Bev's visit with an elderly lady who resides in Bev's childhood residence. Several false endings, and constant stroboscopic flashes come close to ruining the ending.

Sometimes more is not more.

3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My breakdown of IT Chapter Two, which I rated three stars.

https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...it-chapter-two

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

is that a review or your new novel

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well thought out review. Thanks.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

enjoyed it
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    My new novel is shorter.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My breakdown of IT Chapter Two, which I rated three stars.

https://matthewblivingston.wixsite.c...it-chapter-two
    I pretty much feel the same way you do. I loved the 1st one.. rated it a 9/10 I think... this is a 8/10 for me. Just a little less... I think this movie would have benefited much more as a trilogy. I think it really would have...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just saw The Happytime Murders. I think this was pretty poorly received, getting just about as much support as I'd expect for a movie that is both puppet-oriented and filthy. I, however, loved it.

There really aren't any subtleties for me to go into; if you like what you see in the trailer, it's probably for you, and if not, it probably isn't.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ad Astra - Viewed in Imax:

In interesting combination of 2001 a Space Odyssey, Apocalypse Now, every 'Daddy Issues" movie ever made, and a weird Space Cowboys tie-in.

Brad Pitt gives every mopey, introspective, non-teary eyed sad look a person can with their face in an astronauts helmet. Devoid of emotion, incapable of anxiety, essentially a hollow draft of a human being (but perfect for space travel-as he follows in his hero fathers footsteps (Brad Pitt senior? - No, actually Tommy Lee Jones doing what TLJ does-provide worthless exposition). Pitt helps drag this wonderfully shot movie that is as devoid of passion and inspiration as he himself is.

Too many Daddy issues, too many drama moments that defy the law of physics, let alone credulity, this 2 hour slog will have you wishing you left the theater to view "Rambo Last Blood".

More on that in the next review.

3/6 Beers on the RFSRS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ad Astra - Viewed in Imax:

In interesting combination of 2001 a Space Odyssey, Apocalypse Now, every 'Daddy Issues" movie ever made, and a weird Space Cowboys tie-in.

Brad Pitt gives every mopey, introspective, non-teary eyed sad look a person can with their face in an astronauts helmet. Devoid of emotion, incapable of anxiety, essentially a hollow draft of a human being (but perfect for space travel-as he follows in his hero fathers footsteps (Brad Pitt senior? - No, actually Tommy Lee Jones doing what TLJ does-provide worthless exposition). Pitt helps drag this wonderfully shot movie that is as devoid of passion and inspiration as he himself is.

Too many Daddy issues, too many drama moments that defy the law of physics, let alone credulity, this 2 hour slog will have you wishing you left the theater to view "Rambo Last Blood".

More on that in the next review.

3/6 Beers on the RFSRS
    That's too bad. I'm hoping I enjoy it more. I really loved James Gray's previous film The Lost City of Z. Not enough people saw that one.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I had been on the fence about Ad Astra, but you confirmed every fear I had about it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew Ad Astra would be a stinker from the minute I saw the first commercial. The marketing for that did not scream confidence to me.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless to Confess (1971)

A group of young ladies just out of reform school find it a tough go as they try to make their way in society. One has a boyfriend who is a DFG*, and she steals from her father to support his habit. Another has a husband who quit the Yakuza but is now dying of TB (and she's pregnant). Another lost her job at the girlie cabaret and another is surviving on nude modeling gigs. And the local Yakuza shakedown thugs are bothering all of them.

More comedic touches and characterization and less violence and nudity than the typical pinky violence films of the era (for example, Female Prisoner Scorpion: Beast Stable or Criminal Woman: Killing Melody or Cloistered Nun: Runa's Confession or Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs or Terrifying Girls' High School: Lynch Law Classroom or Female Yakuza Tale or Sex & Fury). In fact, in Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless to Confess, there's only 2-3 topless scenes and nothing really attempting to titillate. Sure, you'll never see any SAK** in a mainstream Japanese film, but usually we get more of a show.

Even so, I liked it! The characters were engaging and you could tell the director was trying to create a sympathetic story. Sure, the gals all team up at the end with swords and attack the Yakuza headquarters and slaughter everyone, but that's the expected payoff.

There's a scene where one of the young ladies working as a cabaret girl is trying to get one of the salaryman customers to fork over more $$. "I've got to buy school books for my college classes." HAHAHAHA. There's nothing new under the sun, is there?

3 stars (out of 5)

* degenerate fucking gambler
    ** silky Asian kitty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 441 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 ... LastLast