Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 441 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tau - pretty neat take on our relationship with AI and theirs with us. A low key but perfectly serviceable "brain movie". 3/5

Polar. Ha. Ha. Ha. DNF. I get what this movie was trying to do, but I'm not masochistic enough to watch the whole damned thing. -1ⁿ/5

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally too the family to see Bohemian Rhapsody - loved it. It's like a concert. 9/10

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Tau - pretty neat take on our relationship with AI and theirs with us. A low key but perfectly serviceable "brain movie". 3/5

Polar. Ha. Ha. Ha. DNF. I get what this movie was trying to do, but I'm not masochistic enough to watch the whole damned thing. -1ⁿ/5
    What is -1 with the n?

Regardless, but Polar just took a hit to it's average score.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I think I held 1 too long and it turned into n. The rating is -1.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Although there usually are a few gems to be found in January, most pictures are failed visions, made by people with all the skills required to produce a beautiful looking, and sounding movie, but a vision that's is flawed, incoherent, or ludicrous.
    That's actually a pretty good assessment of January movies. There's also ones that are crap all around.

Your thoughts on Replicas seem to be the consensus also, especially evidenced by it lasting a week at my theater. I'll definitely be watching on DVD, though. Looks fun, though I won't be expecting anything groundbreaking.

And I was looking forward to Serenity. Still want to see it, but weird that you guys say something supernatural since I didn't get that at all (but I only saw the first trailer).
    Going into Week 3, Replicas lost 96% of it's theatres, which is one of the largest losses of all time. Top 10 or 15. #1 is Cure for Wellness
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IM AM FLOORED that anyone would not love Polar.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    IM AM FLOORED that anyone would not love Polar.....

A bit cheesy and too unrealistic for me. Not many likable characters except for Mads. 5/10 for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Although there usually are a few gems to be found in January, most pictures are failed visions, made by people with all the skills required to produce a beautiful looking, and sounding movie, but a vision that's is flawed, incoherent, or ludicrous.
    That's actually a pretty good assessment of January movies. There's also ones that are crap all around.

Your thoughts on Replicas seem to be the consensus also, especially evidenced by it lasting a week at my theater. I'll definitely be watching on DVD, though. Looks fun, though I won't be expecting anything groundbreaking.

And I was looking forward to Serenity. Still want to see it, but weird that you guys say something supernatural since I didn't get that at all (but I only saw the first trailer).
    Going into Week 3, Replicas lost 96% of it's theatres, which is one of the largest losses of all time. Top 10 or 15. #1 is Cure for Wellness
    I'm surprised to see that Cure for Wellness is #1. Honestly, I think that film is a bit misunderstood and I've been of the thinking since I saw it in theaters that it's the kind of film that time will be good to. We shall see.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Saw Glass last night and really enjoyed it. I need to go read some reviews now, because I'm not sure what people didn't like about it. I loved the ending, and thought it fit perfectly with the film. I also didn't really see it as a twist like a lot of the other endings to his films. If you enjoyed both Unbreakable and Split then I think you would really enjoy this one as well. It fits in nicely with the others. And yes it is a much quieter and slower film than an action superhero movie. But so were the others, so I would have been surprised it if was anything but that.
    I saw Glass last night. Honestly I'm not sure where I stand with it yet.. essentially I did like it, but there are many decisions that MNS took that kinda baffled me if I'm being honest.

It's hovering around a 6.5/10 for me at the moment but it might change in the next few days.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Saw Glass last night and really enjoyed it. I need to go read some reviews now, because I'm not sure what people didn't like about it. I loved the ending, and thought it fit perfectly with the film. I also didn't really see it as a twist like a lot of the other endings to his films. If you enjoyed both Unbreakable and Split then I think you would really enjoy this one as well. It fits in nicely with the others. And yes it is a much quieter and slower film than an action superhero movie. But so were the others, so I would have been surprised it if was anything but that.
    I saw Glass last night. Honestly I'm not sure where I stand with it yet.. essentially I did like it, but there are many decisions that MNS took that kinda baffled me if I'm being honest.

It's hovering around a 6.5/10 for me at the moment but it might change in the next few days.
    EXACTLY how I felt.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What choices did you not like?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Book Club: This movie was on my radar for the talented cast (Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Mary Steenburgen, Candice Bergen, Andy Garcia, Craig T. Nelson, Don Johnson, Richard Dreyfus, Wallace Shawn). The first third of the movie started out pretty strong and I got a lot of laughs out of it. But as most Rom-Coms tend to do, the formulaic turns the four stories take aren't very captivating, and the arcs of these characters are basically spelled out throughout the film. Pretty much the most enjoyable part of the film was the comedy around 50 Shades of Grey and getting to know all the characters. The actors are all delightful and elevate the banal arcs for their entertaining, but fairly flat characters. Some of the photography in the film was off...there were a few shots where the film just looked downright ugly. When stacked up against all the "Old Dudes Still Got It" films of the past while, I'd rate this "Old Chicks Still Got It" film above them, mostly because it's not embarrassing watching these old women because they're not shells of their former selves.

3/5

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been watching Polish films, because, first, I've always respected their cinema, and second (more important for me at the moment) because I've been studying the Polish language. The movies like Krótki film o miłości (A Short Film about Love) by Krzysztof Kieslowski, and many others I don't think anyone has ever heard of.

Well. What can I say. I still respect them, but I am yet to see a Polish drama film (except Knife in the Water) I could love. They are all very good, no, really good. But so incredibly boring. It's like, nothing ever happens, outside or inside, physically or spiritually. There is no narrative. You have to rely on symbols, on ideas, on atmosphere to keep you awake - but it is not enough. Beautiful cinematography isn't enough. Music isn't enough. Nothing is - except there being a good story told by a good director by means of movie language. But none of the Polish films I've seen so far (with the one obvious expection) have this simple constutuent

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I also liked Book Club, nice story, killer cast.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First off; this is a documentary movie.

They Shall Not Grow Old:

Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) was allowed access to hundreds of hours of film and audio recordings from World War One (The Great War). Painstaking restoration of the film and audio, as well as brilliant colorization of the black and white footage results in this fabulous documentary.

Post credits is a ~25 minute explanation of how the actual process and decisions that went behind the making of the movie came about.

6/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Keep in mind that I rarely give a 6/6 (less than 1 per year on average), and this is the rating for a documentary, not a fiction film.

Country
    Country Flag

Where did you see that RF? 6/6... I’m in.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First off; this is a documentary movie.

They Shall Not Grow Old:

Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) was allowed access to hundreds of hours of film and audio recordings from World War One (The Great War). Painstaking restoration of the film and audio, as well as brilliant colorization of the black and white footage results in this fabulous documentary.

Post credits is a ~25 minute explanation of how the actual process and decisions that went behind the making of the movie came about.

6/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Keep in mind that I rarely give a 6/6 (less than 1 per year on average), and this is the rating for a documentary, not a fiction film.
    I'm dying to see his one! My local theaters aren't playing it, so I may have to travel to see it. Looks like it might be worth it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They Shall Not Grow Old is a great. I caught it back after Christmas. I'm going to go see it again since my theatre didn't have the 3D version, which I really wanted to see.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Where did you see that RF? 6/6... I’m in.

I viewed it at a theater about 20 miles from me.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw Green Book. I had high expectations, and man were they exceeded. Loved every minute of it. The levity was a big surprise. This one is certainly deserving of all its praise, and then some. The two leads are outstanding. 9.5/10

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw an advance screening of Alita: Battle Angel the other day. Having no prior knowledge of Alita aside from the trailer, I went in pretty blind. It was enjoyable, the action was entertaining, and Rosa Salazar brought a lot of heart and intensity to Alita (the motion capture was great, too), and the effects were pretty well done (it didn't hurt that it was in Dolby 3D, either). Where it failed for me was an unfocused plot, underdeveloped characters, and an ending that literally made me drop my jaw because it felt like the movie was missing it's second half. After watching, I found out there are other Alita sequels in the manga series, so I'm sure that's what they were going for, but it wasn't just a cliffhanger. It was like it was missing a huge chunk of the movie.

Saw Serenity today and wow. What the hell. Now I know why it's down to one showtime in my theater after only a week. Tonally confused, terrible acting choices from Anne Hathaway, cringe-worthy dialgoue, and an overall sense of "what the hell were they thinking with these choices?" Went in expecting a good, old-fashioned, intense thriller and that's not at all what the final product is, as the trailers lead us to believe. I don't think I'd recommend this one at all, except so that I could talk about its terribleness with others. But if you want to see multiple scenes of a naked Matthew McConaughey having sex with women in order to pay for fishing materials, Serenity is for you!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched First Man. Was decent and great acting. I would recommend it. 4 outta 6.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw an advance screening of Alita: Battle Angel the other day. Having no prior knowledge of Alita aside from the trailer, I went in pretty blind. It was enjoyable, the action was entertaining, and Rosa Salazar brought a lot of heart and intensity to Alita (the motion capture was great, too), and the effects were pretty well done (it didn't hurt that it was in Dolby 3D, either). Where it failed for me was an unfocused plot, underdeveloped characters, and an ending that literally made me drop my jaw because it felt like the movie was missing it's second half. After watching, I found out there are other Alita sequels in the manga series, so I'm sure that's what they were going for, but it wasn't just a cliffhanger. It was like it was missing a huge chunk of the movie.

Saw Serenity today and wow. What the hell. Now I know why it's down to one showtime in my theater after only a week. Tonally confused, terrible acting choices from Anne Hathaway, cringe-worthy dialgoue, and an overall sense of "what the hell were they thinking with these choices?" Went in expecting a good, old-fashioned, intense thriller and that's not at all what the final product is, as the trailers lead us to believe. I don't think I'd recommend this one at all, except so that I could talk about its terribleness with others. But if you want to see multiple scenes of a naked Matthew McConaughey having sex with women in order to pay for fishing materials, Serenity is for you!
    You are the first person I know that has seen Alita, so it's interesting to hear your thoughts. I may give it a shot in theaters. That film has been in development for like 8 years, so I wasn't sure about the quality. From your thoughts, it seems like it's at least enjoyable from a technical marvel standpoint.

As for Serenity, I think that is one of those films people will be talking about for a long time in regards to a film that should have worked, but went terribly wrong. I find films like that really interesting.

As for me, I saw The Kid Who Would Be King last week and was pleasantly surprised. I'm constantly getting on Hollywood for not making films about kids for kids, so I had to show my support for this one. It's directed by Joe Cornish, who directed Attack the Block, a fantastic, underrated film. It also stars Andy Serkis's son.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What choices did you not like?
    Spoiler:

I was hoping he'd give them a bigger canvas to play in. Was hoping to see them and their ideologies clashing on a much larger scale. Think Batman and Joker in The Dark Knight. Don't know if I agree with them being confined and kept apart for 90% of the movie. :\

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Alita: Battle Angel. I can't get passed that ugly CGI face with the massive eyes. I can't look at that for over two hours for what sounds like a totally average film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 441 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 384 434 ... LastLast