Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 441 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Glass is sitting at %36 on Rotten Tomatoes
    I’m heartbroken over this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm still gonna watch it tho idgaf
    Ditto that shit.
    Oh me too. DBOX seats for Thursday night first showing.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GLASS.... half full? Or have empty? Parts were awesome and parts... not so much. 6.5/10 cause I did like it... and brought back memories. Didn’t love it Thou

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

GLASS.... half full? Or have empty?
    Very nice! I see what you did there.

That's too bad you didn't enjoy it more. Kind of bumming me out. I'm hearing one of the main gripes is the ending.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

GLASS.... half full? Or have empty?
    Very nice! I see what you did there.

That's too bad you didn't enjoy it more. Kind of bumming me out. I'm hearing one of the main gripes is the ending.
    I’m not saying I didn’t. But I wanted to elaborate and love this film. Unbreakable was a huge fav of mine and in my top 10 believe it or not. I loved the last scene in Split and couldn’t wait for this which might be throwing me off but... not sure how I feel. But love isn’t that emotion. Go see it though if you loved the first one. It has its moments where it shines and I had a big grin ear to ear.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I feel compelled to write more here on Glass. I can NOT stop thinking about it. OR talking about it with friends, co-workers and family. Is that not a good thing? Is that not what a film is.... making you think on it long after you leave the theater? Did M. Night give the fans of Unbreakable what thy wanted but we wanted a big fancy display of superheros and show like we get in the 7+ superhero movies that are released a year during these times? Did I not get the subtle brilliance that was Unbreakable and Split to a degree? Maybe I did. Maybe I was just being a spoiled brat when I left last night because the Hulk didn't smash everything and Iron Man didn't swoop in and save the day.... I cannot say much more because of the ending.. BUT is that why the reviews are bad? The more I think of it... the more I believe it to be so. I think I am going to change my mindset and see this again. I think it commands it and lets be honest.... these feelings I have are JUST what the mark of a good movie is. I liked it better today then I did last night. That 'glass' is more half full this morning.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I saw unbreakable. I liked it when I saw it but now I think I like it more. I have Split in 4k waiting to be watched so I can't comment on that. I still want to see Glass. If I get to theater to see it great. If not, I will wait for video. But I do agree that this is probably much different then the superhero movies we are used to seeing and that may be why it's such a low number. I can't think off hand but I know that there were movies that I liked that got bad reviews so I really don't go by them. M night can be hit or miss. I have just seen a few of M Nights films. I have seen The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Happening, and his TV show Wayward Pines which I liked. Now, I know everyone was so wowed with the Sixth Sense, but I guessed the twist without even seeing the movie. Eventually I did see the movie and liked how he directed it. I will probably see Glass because I liked Unbreakable and the good buzz that was on Split. But there are movies that you have to sit on for a few days and then say, you know what, that was pretty good movie. Maybe this is one of those. Thanks for your thoughts Kris.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Escape Room:

6-pack of no name actors stuck in a series of escape rooms. Typical assortment-introverted college savant, game nerd, dirt bag grocery clerk, hot shot investment advisor, trucker, and female PTSD veteran.

All share one background quirk. Trick is to guess who gets picked off first (and last). Movie makers screw the viewer with an ending that almost commands a sequel, from a movie that commands a quick January release demise.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS
    Saw it today and enjoyed it for what it was. Never boring, entertaining throughout, and often suspenseful. I do wish the ending were a little more conclusive, though, especially since I don't see us getting a sequel.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it today as well and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm not quite sure where the negative reviews are coming from. If you're someone that liked Unbreakable and Split, then Glass should also be something you enjoy. Since both films were fairly well received, it would make sense for Glass to be well received as well. Not sure what happened there.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched Split. Great acting and decent story.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How have I not heard about this? Attention all Turbo Kid fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8kFIbmmuEk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Upside:

I went into the movie expecting great acting and quite a few laughs, and was met by OK performances and not a lot of funny moments. Most of the performances seemed flat or throttled. Nicole Kidman was a total waste of talent, Kevin Hart seemed at times to believe he was in a deep drama instead of a comedy, and Cranston could only do so much acting with just his head.

3/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glass is sitting at %36 on Rotten Tomatoes
    at the main Russian cinephile site (Кинопоиск) it's almost 7 out of 10. I am yet to see it; loved Unbreakable and wasn't much impressed with Split. In the reviews, everyone reviles the twist(s), but that's everyone's usual complaint with MNS. I personally have nothing against twists.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

POLAR on Netflix. l got the chance to see it early and it’s unreal good. You need to put this on your list. Mads M..... steals the show. 9/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

POLAR on Netflix. l got the chance to see it early and it’s unreal good. You need to put this on your list. Mads M..... steals the show. 9/10

I still cannot believe how good that was. Might even say 10/10 as there is NOTHING I would change. Not one thing.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still cannot believe how good that was. Might even say 10/10 as there is NOTHING I would change. Not one thing.

Is this the one you mentioned to me a while back?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes be VERY excited for this. I just did a second viewing I loved it so much. This will be a hard movie to beat for me this year. I hope to see more POLAR from Netflix. I will beg for it. It comes out Friday. I know your taste and if you don’t love this... I’ll be blown away. Please let me know what you think after you see it !

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes be VERY excited for this. I just did a second viewing I loved it so much. This will be a hard movie to beat for me this year. I hope to see more POLAR from Netflix. I will beg for it. It comes out Friday. I know your taste and if you don’t love this... I’ll be blown away. Please let me know what you think after you see it !

Will do! It's only January, so if this stays as your #1 all year, that's saying something.

Country
    Country Flag

Will do! It's only January, so if this stays as your #1 all year, that's saying something.
    It’s just so damm well done. But yes.... it’s early! Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    What’s depressing is that not only is the movie such a slog in its desperation to be edgy, but it also shows little development in its idea of edginess from Åkerlund’s clip for the Prodigy’s “Smack My Bitch Up,” famously banned from MTV in 1997. It’s all the same drugs, sex, and violence, shot through the same lens, for its own sake. Neither contribute too much to humanity, but one takes a lot less time to watch.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Every movie can not be a 9/10 or a 10/10.

Starting out in January saying "This will be a hard movie for me to beat this year" sets a very high bar. There has to be some nuance in reviews, otherwise weeding through reviews begins to establish a pattern that eliminates the actual reviewers.

Country
    Country Flag

Every movie can not be a 9/10 or a 10/10.

Starting out in January saying "This will be a hard movie for me to beat this year" sets a very high bar. There has to be some nuance in reviews, otherwise weeding through reviews begins to establish a pattern that eliminates the actual reviewers.
    Have a watch and let me know your thoughts.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I admit I have a morbid interst about certain weird things. Trainwrecks, 2-headed snakes, and other curiosities. Perhaps that's why I like January where studios dump bad movies. Although there usually are a few gems to be found in January, most pictures are failed visions, made by people with all the skills required to produce a beautiful looking, and sounding movie, but a vision that's is flawed, incoherent, or ludicrous.

One such recent movie was Replicas.
    This brings me to the latest enigma out there.

Serenity:

What starts out as perhaps a modern day Moby Dick, quickly turns into possibly a murder thriller film noir, then abruptly starts to be a sci-fi flick; I kid you not. Featuring Mathew McConaughey as "Baker Dill" (who is actually John-go figure) as a fisherman on the island of Plymouth. Screwing Diane Lane when he is short on money, and on a mission to catch his monster tuna "Justice" his world is twisted when his ex, Anne Hathaway shows up wanting Dill to take her abusive husband for a one-way fishing trip.
    Then things really turn. Featuring some of the most ridiculous lines by a chain smoking McConaughey (he puts Humphrey Bogart to shame), you might just start giggling aloud.

3/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I admit I have a morbid curiosity about certain things. Trainwrecks, 2-headed snakes, and other curiosities. Perhaps that's why I like January where studios dump bad movies. Although there usually are a few gems to be found in January, most pictures are failed visions, made by people with all the skills required to produce a beautiful looking, and sounding movie, but a vision that's is flawed, incoherent, or ludicrous.

One such recent movie was Replicas.
    This brings me to the latest enigma out there.

Serenity:

What starts out as perhaps a modern day Moby Dick, quickly turns into possibly a murder thriller film noir, then abruptly starts to be a sci-fi flick; I kid you not. Featuring Mathew McConaughey as "Baker Dill" (who is actually John-go figure) as a fisherman on the island of Plymouth. Screwing Diane Lane when he is short on money, and on a mission to catch his monster tuna "Justice" his world is twisted when his ex, Anne Hathaway shows up wanting Dill to take her abusive husband for a one-way fishing trip.
    Then things really turn. Featuring some of the most ridiculous lines by a chain smoking McConaughey (he puts Humphrey Bogart to shame), you might just start giggling aloud.

3/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    I noticed the most recent trailer for Serenity made it look much weirder. Like there's something supernatural going on on the island.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although there usually are a few gems to be found in January, most pictures are failed visions, made by people with all the skills required to produce a beautiful looking, and sounding movie, but a vision that's is flawed, incoherent, or ludicrous.
    That's actually a pretty good assessment of January movies. There's also ones that are crap all around.

Your thoughts on Replicas seem to be the consensus also, especially evidenced by it lasting a week at my theater. I'll definitely be watching on DVD, though. Looks fun, though I won't be expecting anything groundbreaking.

And I was looking forward to Serenity. Still want to see it, but weird that you guys say something supernatural since I didn't get that at all (but I only saw the first trailer).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Saw Glass last night and really enjoyed it. I need to go read some reviews now, because I'm not sure what people didn't like about it. I loved the ending, and thought it fit perfectly with the film. I also didn't really see it as a twist like a lot of the other endings to his films. If you enjoyed both Unbreakable and Split then I think you would really enjoy this one as well. It fits in nicely with the others. And yes it is a much quieter and slower film than an action superhero movie. But so were the others, so I would have been surprised it if was anything but that.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 441 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast