Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 441 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 431 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a chance to see Mile 22 and Halloween yesterday. I found it odd that Mile 22 had mainly poor review and Halloween mainly positive. Halloween was nothing more than the last 15 of them. I mean it was something to watch but I am glad I never paid to go to the theater to see it. Nothing fresh there. Mile 22 I LOVED. I thought the ending was fantastic as I didn't expect it. Other than Mark Walburg was a little over the top in his role.. I LOVED THE MOVIE. Great action thriller for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I had a chance to see Mile 22 and Halloween yesterday. I found it odd that Mile 22 had mainly poor review and Halloween mainly positive. Halloween was nothing more than the last 15 of them. I mean it was something to watch but I am glad I never paid to go to the theater to see it. Nothing fresh there. Mile 22 I LOVED. I thought the ending was fantastic as I didn't expect it. Other than Mark Walburg was a little over the top in his role.. I LOVED THE MOVIE. Great action thriller for sure.
    Gotta agree with you regarding "Mile 22". Pleasantly surprised and yeah, Markie-Mark laid it on a tad thick, but he didn't kill the flick. It was tight and had a good story.

Good call, Kris-Miester!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Gotta agree with you regarding "Mile 22". Pleasantly surprised and yeah, Markie-Mark laid it on a tad thick, but he didn't kill the flick. It was tight and had a good story.

Good call, Kris-Miester!!!
    Yep maybe because I was expecting the worst Bill... but I loved it. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Book:
    Fascinating look at what the south was like in the early 1960's, and a great road trip movie. Engaging and witty. 5/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Green Book:
    Fascinating look at what the south was like in the early 1960's, and a great road trip movie. Engaging and witty. 5/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    RF, any 6/6 beers for you that you have seen?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Book:
    RF, any 6/6 beers for you that you have seen?
    Of the 52 plus movies I have seen in a theater this year, there are a handful of 5.5 beers, but I don't believe I rated any 6 beers.
    I try to reserve 6 beers for a movie that for me may come along once every 2 or 3 years.
    If I rated 20% of the movies I've viewed as 6, then I would be a sellout to myself.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Book:
    I want to see this. I'm hoping it opens wider soon.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Favourite:

Normally I don't enjoy costume period pieces, but this movie was a pleasure. Loosely based on Queen Anne's rule in the early 1700's the movie is quite funny. Throwing in over the top costumes, set decorations, and even a break dance routine (yes a break dance) and showing the power women held behind the scenes, the only only difficult part was understanding the British inflection English. Olivia Colman as the fragile queen is fabulous, Rachel Weisz as the queen's friend, puppet master and lover nails the role, and Emma Stone as the former "Lady" now trying to climb back up the social ladder into the queens chambers (and bed) is a force to be reckoned with.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Book - Simply a wonderful, wonderful film. Viggo and Mahershala killed, and the rest of the supporting cast (Linda Cardellini was the only one I knew by name) did a fine job as well. I wasn't expecting the film to be so damn funny. I was expecting humour, sure, but the film was practically a comedy. It reminded me a lot of a recent road trip film, Philomena, which I love as well. I was quite happy that it wasn't too on the nose when it came to racism, considering the subject matter. It really focused a lot more on the friendship between the two and the way their shared experience impacted them. And I enjoyed that when it came to racism it wasn't all 'look at these evil white folk', but it showed a lot of nuance and it showed how subtle and ingrained the racism is, instead of being overt. And even in situations where one would consider something to be based on racism, such as a scene near the end involving a bar, it's based on experience with people and not prejudiced. It might be my favourite film of the year so far.

5/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Favourite:

Normally I don't enjoy costume period pieces, but this movie was a pleasure. Loosely based on Queen Anne's rule in the early 1700's the movie is quite funny. Throwing in over the top costumes, set decorations, and even a break dance routine (yes a break dance) and showing the power women held behind the scenes, the only only difficult part was understanding the British inflection English. Olivia Colman as the fragile queen is fabulous, Rachel Weisz as the queen's friend, puppet master and lover nails the role, and Emma Stone as the former "Lady" now trying to climb back up the social ladder into the queens chambers (and bed) is a force to be reckoned with.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    This is one that I've dying to see for a while. I may have to travel to see this one in theaters.

Let me ask you, RF, have you seen any of the other films Yorgos Lanthimos has directed (Dogtooth, The Lobster, The Killing of a Sacred Deer)?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Lobster and enjoyed it. The Favourite isn't quite so "absurd".

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dogtooth is one of my all time favorite foreign films. Probably top 20.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Lobster and enjoyed it. The Favourite isn't quite so "absurd".
    Yeah, I'm hearing it's his most mainstream and accessible film. My theater in town doesn't have it his weekend, but many of the other theaters around me seem to be showing it, so I don't have to go too far to see it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was such an amazing experience. Go see it as soon as you can! And make sure it's on a huge screen, preferably in Dolby Cinema or such, which is how I saw it. It's beautiful to look at, pure art. And it is so funny. My whole theater was in stitches throughout. Also stick around to the very end, there's a really funny end credits scene. In all, this is definitely the best animated film of this year and one of the best films of the year period. It's easily making my own Top 10 for sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was such an amazing experience. Go see it as soon as you can! And make sure it's on a huge screen, preferably in Dolby Cinema or such, which is how I saw it. It's beautiful to look at, pure art. And it is so funny. My whole theater was in stitches throughout. Also stick around to the very end, there's a really funny end credits scene. In all, this is definitely the best animated film of this year and one of the best films of the year period. It's easily making my own Top 10 for sure.
    Have yet to hear even a single lukewarm review of this. Can’t wait to see

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I know not a new film, but it's a golden oldie and a fucking funny movie hands down. A Xmas tradition in out house every year. The holiday cannot proceed until we have viewed it together one evening!!! So, the family (sans the grandchildren) watched it this evening and the laughs still abound!!!

6/6 beers on the RFSRS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got home from seeing Creed II - loved every minute of it (except maybe the wife's singing, Creed's wife, not mine). A great addition to the Rocky franchise. Just so much fun! 9/10

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mule:

Classic (modern) Eastwood movie. Eastwood plays a ~90 year old Daylily grower who has spent more time on the road than with his family. With his house being foreclosed on, a chance meeting gets him a job delivering packages-no questions asked. As the delivery sizes increase, so do the risks, and the payoffs. Slowly paced, but never boring, Eastwood "delivers" the good in the movie.

4/6 beers on the RFSRS

Country
    Country Flag

Bird Box. I absolutely loved this movie. Kept my attention the whole time edge of your seat style. It’s close to the book to with some pretty cool changes. So well done. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bird Box. I absolutely loved this movie. Kept my attention the whole time edge of your seat style. It’s close to the book to with some pretty cool changes. So well done. 9/10
    This opened at a theater near you?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    No,
    It was on the download site I used and I have a pretty impressive home theatre. I loved it... it really a fun movie escape!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    No,
    It was on the download site I used and I have a pretty impressive home theatre. I loved it... it really a fun movie escape!

I may or may not watch this some how or some way this evening or maybe not.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I know not a new film, but it's a golden oldie and a fucking funny movie hands down...
    Hell yeah - an old fashioned family Christmas indeed.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mule: A good film that was fairly entertaining with some really good scenes. It was missing something though, something ineffable that could've elevated the material even more. I read some criticisms that Cooper's character was totally bland, as were Fishburne and Pena, who were his boss and parter. And sure their characters were anything special, but I did appreciate that they felt like DEA agents who are in tunnel vision, only caring about getting this sting. And really, that's what their job is, and they're pretty no-nonsense about it. I think that story either had too much devoted to it, or not enough. I did enjoy the humour of the films and I liked Earl's relationship with the members of the cartel. I had read a review that complain of the films xenophobia, casual racism, and stereotypical portrayal of Mexican cartel members, with assault rifles and neck tattoos...but I felt the film actually did a good film of portraying the cartel members as something other than evil, mindless thugs. They laugh with Earl, crack jokes, and one thanks him for asking about his niece. If anything, the film showed that people get sucked into that kind of life, but they're not bad people inherently. The "casual racism" was basically a couple mild, off-handed comments Earl makes, but he says them without malice and as 90 year man who is out of touch, but also without a filter. For instance, while on a run, he sees a young family on the side of the road, and he pulls over to help them out. They're black, and Earl says "negroes" and they say they don't like to be called that, and Earl says "Mea culpa". The idea that Earl's character is racist for saying negroes despite the fact he would've helped that young family with a flat tire no matter their race, I think is not seeing the forest for the trees.

The film definitely could've been better. I think it mostly comes down the script. It's a little bland, which probably accounts for the criticisms I've read about the performances. The story though is good. But even with that, I still can't put my finger on what is missing from this movie. It's very small and simple that was overlooked by the filmmakers. But I enjoyed myself and I'd probably watch it again down the road.

3/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Aqua man. What a surprise!!! Went in with Lowe expectations and was blown away. Wow.... I would give it an 8.5 and equal to Wonder Woman. Such a good theatre experience!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 441 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 431 ... LastLast