Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 441 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 417 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I loved Annihilation. I gave it my highest score (4/4). Sorry you didn't like it, Bill.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

+1 for the Annihilation love boat.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I loved Annihilation. I gave it my highest score (4/4). Sorry you didn't like it, Bill.
    Probably will end up in my Top 5 of 2018.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Annihilation

Whoa!!! Classic case of a well edited trailer selling the film. I should have known better since it was VOD, but the trailer and the high profile cast lead me to throw caution to the wind. I'll start with the only redeeming quality I thought the film had and that was the cinematography and visuals. Stunning at times and generally just real cool Sci-Fi effects. Otherwise, this was a film in search of a plot. The list of stupid plot points and wandering theme is too long to get into, but in the end I really couldn't discern any real point to the film. It is a shame to because on the surface it had such promise but failed to go in any one direction or have any plausible point it was trying to make.

Save your 6$ for the PPV and avoid it when it hits the premium cable channels. -1 on the RF beers movie rating scale (0-6 I believe) lol lol
    I loved Annihilation. My favorite film of the year so far. It wasn't just VOD. In fact, it got a pretty decent theatrical release. I was fortunate enough to see it in all its glory on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

That's a shame. I really liked Annihilation, but I'm all about those cerebral, slow burn, science fiction movies.
    Don't listen to Merlin. This film is not for him. Cerebral, slow burn science fiction is exactly what Annihilation is. If you like that, I see no reason you won't enjoy this film. Alex Garland is a fantastic filmmaker. He'd never make a film with a rating of -1.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Annihilation is one of the next in my queue. Looking forward to be able to participate in the discussion.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'll enjoy it, Rick. Its a speculative sci-fi film, don't go in expecting Aliens.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's what I expected after seeing the trailer but now that I know that's not the case, I think my expectations will be more in-check.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Annihilation

Whoa!!! Classic case of a well edited trailer selling the film. I should have known better since it was VOD, but the trailer and the high profile cast lead me to throw caution to the wind. I'll start with the only redeeming quality I thought the film had and that was the cinematography and visuals. Stunning at times and generally just real cool Sci-Fi effects. Otherwise, this was a film in search of a plot. The list of stupid plot points and wandering theme is too long to get into, but in the end I really couldn't discern any real point to the film. It is a shame to because on the surface it had such promise but failed to go in any one direction or have any plausible point it was trying to make.

Save your 6$ for the PPV and avoid it when it hits the premium cable channels. -1 on the RF beers movie rating scale (0-6 I believe) lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I think you'll enjoy it, Rick. Its a speculative sci-fi film, don't go in expecting Aliens.
    The trailer did the film a great disservice. I know the idea is to sell the film to a wider audience, but you drew in the wrong crowd.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really need to see Annihilation.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    There's so many interesting things going on in it. As someone that appreciates science as you do, I think you'll love it. Even beyond the science fiction, there's a strong message about women. I would like to say more but I don't want to spoil anything.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

There's so many interesting things going on in it. As someone that appreciates science as you do, I think you'll love it. Even beyond the science fiction, there's a strong message about women. I would like to say more but I don't want to spoil anything.
    Oh cool. I initially stayed away because I'm a huge fan of the book, and I heard it was very different. But I'll try to not compare the two since I know that going in. I'm also glad to see that a few of the book lovers really enjoyed it.

Oh cool. I initially stayed away because I'm a huge fan of the book, and I heard it was very different. But I'll try to not compare the two since I know that going in. I'm also glad to see that a few of the book lovers really enjoyed it.
    I haven't read the book yet. I hope to get to it soon.

The book is excellent. I highly recommend it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book is excellent. I highly recommend it.
    THE FIRST BOOK ONLY though... haha The third is the only book in my whole like I quit reading.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yes, hated 2 and 3 as well

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you two checked out Vandermeer's next book, Borne? Seeing really good things about it. I love his short fiction, his collection The Third Bear was mind-blowing.

No, it's been in my to-read pile for awhile now. Too many books to read, and too little time

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    his collection The Third Bear was mind-blowing.
    oh
    hmm
    would you recommend it to a bear?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely.

Along the Path of the Beam Starkraven7 is on a distinguished road Starkraven7's Avatar

In the theatre: I saw Solo last week. Give it an 8 out of 10. Loved it - feel good space adventure that is very reminiscent of the original (A New Hope). If Rogue One bummed you out and you're looking to get back the Star Wars love...this one's for you. (I loved Rogue One by the way so not dissing it. It's just much darker.)

On the couch: I saw Despicable me for the first time recently. How did I miss this? Give it a 9 out of 10. "Light bulb".

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Upgrade:

A bit of nano-tech, a splash of Kit from Knight Rider, one pinch of the Six Million Dollar man, and a dash of Bruce Lee in this slapped together b-movie. Nothing really original, but still had some laugh out loud moments (in the midst of a dark drama). Not high art, but an entertaining movie. 3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Uprgrade is a cautionary tale against the dangers of giving our lives over to machines. All the tech looks very cool and convenient but we lose our free will. Of course this is nothing new, Stem reminds me of HAL from 2001 but the visuals and the action scenes are pretty sweet! (3.5/4)

There was a preview for Spike Lee's next film before this one, BlacKkKlansman. If you've seen the preview, just imagine the reaction if got from my audience in South Carolina. Quite amusing!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First Reformed:

Paul Schrader (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, The Last Temptation of Christ), wrote and directed this study of a pastor haing a deep crisis of faith. Filmed in Academy Ratio (1.375:1), it frames closely the faces of the actors to realize their intense angst and sorrow. Pastor Toller (Ethan Hawke), keeps a journal and in a voice-over describes his daily trials and tribulations. When asked to counsel the environmental activist of a pregnant woman against wanting her to have an abortion, Toller begins to question his own beliefs.

An early scene in the 3rd reel may have viewers questioning the meaning (reality?) of what happens. The closing scene will also lead to intense lobby discussions about the movie.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A Quiet Place.

I thought it was great, very tense and intense, but my comments are a bit spoilerish, so:

Spoiler:
    It is an alien movie, which wasn't clear in all trailers.

As an alien movie, it feels pretty fresh.

It may be the only alien movie I've seen, other than Signs (one of my favorite movies of any kind, BTW), which builds so much tension with so little "attack" (the opposite of Independence Day and War Of The Worlds, for example).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    A Quiet Place.

I thought it was great, very tense and intense, but my comments are a bit spoilerish, so:

Spoiler:
    It is an alien movie, which wasn't clear in all trailers.

As an alien movie, it feels pretty fresh.

It may be the only alien movie I've seen, other than Signs (one of my favorite movies of any kind, BTW), which builds so much tension with so little "attack" (the opposite of Independence Day and War Of The Worlds, for example).
    Great thought in your spoiler. I agree!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 441 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 417 ... LastLast