Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 441 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have the chance, check out You Were Never Really Here. I thought it was a really well-made film. It's directed by Lynne Ramsay, who directed the underrated We Need to Talk About Kevin.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    If you have the chance, check out You Were Never Really Here. I thought it was a really well-made film. It's directed by Lynne Ramsay, who directed the underrated We Need to Talk About Kevin.
    I saw it a awhile ago, I enjoyed it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really liked A Quiet Place, which I took my daughter to last night. The lack of dialog made for an interesting sensory deprived viewing experience. The often suffocating feelings reminded me of moments from Das Boot and The Abyss in that regard. 9/10

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

As did I. I briefly reviewed it upthread.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually, your mini review is what made me put it on my list. I hadn't heard of it until that point.
    As did I. I briefly reviewed it upthread.[/QUOTE]

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't want to get into spoilers with Infinity War, but it was one of the better MCU offerings, bolstered by how solid of a villain Thanos is. Kind of sad that they've had 19 movies and the only really good villain that was also handled right was Loki up until now. There was too much humour in the movie...too many jokes. It should have been a much more sombre movie. I hate Tom Holland's Spider-Man. He's annoying as hell. Russos played it too safe when it came to the direction. Action scenes were kind of meh as they tend to be in Marvel films...which is crazy when that is supposed to be the selling point, no?

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Don't want to get into spoilers with Infinity War, but it was one of the better MCU offerings, bolstered by how solid of a villain Thanos is. Kind of sad that they've had 19 movies and the only really good villain that was also handled right was Loki up until now. There was too much humour in the movie...too many jokes. It should have been a much more sombre movie. I hate Tom Holland's Spider-Man. He's annoying as hell. Russos played it too safe when it came to the direction. Action scenes were kind of meh as they tend to be in Marvel films...which is crazy when that is supposed to be the selling point, no?

4/5
    WHAT??????????? Tom Holland is HANDS down the best Spiderman. Love him for that role in everyway. Charismatic, funny and love how the character embraces the identity of SPiderman. I am floored to hear that from you to be honest... Thanos AND SPidey were my favorite parts of the new Avengers.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So we watched Killing of a Sacred Deer last night. I remember hearing a lot of negative reviews of it in this thread, but I really enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of a David Lynch film. Also some of the music in it was very reminiscent of The Shining. It was a bit out there though, so I can see where some might not enjoy it. My only complaint about it was why did they choose to go with such static, non-emotional acting?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Infinity War exceeded my expectations. Partially agree with the sentiment that there was a little too much humor, but it was almost a necessity given some of the events that take place.

Action was fantastic, Thanos was a perfect villain. Can't wait to see it again.

4.5/5

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Traffik:

Poor attempt to dramatize human trafficking. Dumb characters make dumb decisions (almost like teens in a horror movie). Images of kidnapped women in scanty clothes wearing bruises and scars jar your senses, but then the movie makers show sexy shots of virtually naked "heroine" throughout the movie.
    Just odd.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

4/5
    WHAT??????????? Tom Holland is HANDS down the best Spiderman. Love him for that role in everyway. Charismatic, funny and love how the character embraces the identity of SPiderman. I am floored to hear that from you to be honest... Thanos AND SPidey were my favorite parts of the new Avengers.
    This is how many times Tom Holland's Spider-Man has made me laugh

He tries really hard to be funny. He's like that guy we all know who doesn't know how to do anything except crack jokes, but he's not funny and he tries way too hard to make everyone try to like him. Tobey MaGuire was way better. At least he actually seemed like a helpless nerd who didn't know how to relate to people.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So we watched Killing of a Sacred Deer last night. I remember hearing a lot of negative reviews of it in this thread, but I really enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of a David Lynch film. Also some of the music in it was very reminiscent of The Shining. It was a bit out there though, so I can see where some might not enjoy it. My only complaint about it was why did they choose to go with such static, non-emotional acting?
    This has been at the top of my queue for awhile now, but it keeps getting pushed down by other things. I've heard negative things, too, so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    This has been at the top of my queue for awhile now, but it keeps getting pushed down by other things. I've heard negative things, too, so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.
    I'd definitely give it a shot. It's a very interesting film, and it's filled with many creative shots and music. I think you'll at least enjoy it from that perspective, but hopefully the whole film as well.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

4/5
    I have friends that are huge comic fans who I go to for knowledge and learning about the adaptations from comic to screen. I remember some things but it is such a vast universe, and not being a huge comic reader, I don't remember everything talked about. With that said, I found an intriguing article that makes sense regarding Thanos' plan. This I do remember and feel it a much better plot then what was in the movie. Overall I thought Thanos was a great character and played the villain in fantastic fashion. However, I felt the movie was pretty good, but not special.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/30/17...-ending-thanos
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man and it's not even close. Everything else you said I agree with.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man and it's not even close. Everything else you said I agree with.
    1000000% I cannot imagine a better Spider-Man on screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I actually really liked Andrew Garfield's take on the character. It's just too bad the movies surrounding him and Emma Stone were terrible, well the 2nd one was terrible the first one was passable at best.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I actually really liked Andrew Garfield's take on the character. It's just too bad the movies surrounding him and Emma Stone were terrible, well the 2nd one was terrible the first one was passable at best.
    I love Garfield and I enjoyed his first film, but he was too old to play Spider-Man, not to mention he's too good looking and cool. Holland has the perfect mix of youthful exuberance and nerdy normal kid vibe.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I must be taking crazy pills when it comes to Spider-Man because everyone else seems to love him. He's sure no Tobey Maguire for me. It felt like there was a difference between Spider-man and Peter Parker with him. Tom Holland's Peter Parker and Spider-man feel like the same person. I haven't seen Homecoming to judge that, just from Civil War and Infinity Wars. Maybe I'd appreciate him more if I watched Homecoming.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I must be taking crazy pills when it comes to Spider-Man because everyone else seems to love him. He's sure no Tobey Maguire for me. It felt like there was a difference between Spider-man and Peter Parker with him. Tom Holland's Peter Parker and Spider-man feel like the same person. I haven't seen Homecoming to judge that, just from Civil War and Infinity Wars. Maybe I'd appreciate him more if I watched Homecoming.
    Yes, please do. In my mind, Maquire lacks range as an actor. His voice is that of a dweeb. Totally unlikable. I actually liked Garfield better than Maquire.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Yes, please do. In my mind, Maquire lacks range as an actor. His voice is that of a dweeb. Totally unlikable. I actually liked Garfield better than Maquire.
    Didn’t you just describe the perfect Peter Parker though?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Yeah, he was the perfect dweeb. He was believable as socially awkward teen. Maybe he wasn't the best Spider-man, but he was definitely the best Peter Parker.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Surely it's not the first time you've played the contrarian.

I personally have never liked Tobey Maguire. He's always annoyed me for some reason.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Maybe it's because I didn't read Marvel comics as a kid and my idea of Peter Parker was the older Peter from the 90s cartoon show. So Toby Maguire didn't really work for me as he wasn't really anything like that version of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I love Garfield and I enjoyed his first film, but he was too old to play Spider-Man, not to mention he's too good looking and cool. Holland has the perfect mix of youthful exuberance and nerdy normal kid vibe.
    Unless I've done my math wrong I think he was only 3 or 4 years older than Tobey Maguire was when Spider Man 1 came out. Though to be fair they were both 20 somethings playing high schoolers. At least Tom Holland is closer to the age he's supposed to be playing, though not by much since they aged Peter even younger in these new movies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 441 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast