Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 441 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back.... yep it was missing something. I would go 6.5 out of 10... something was wrong with Superman this round... Batman was great. Steppenwolf was brutal. DC might be in trouble. The only save now? Do Flashpoint get all new writers and directors. Have them do a kind of reboot and when it ends have the old
    Team come back for the final act. Boom...
    Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw a screenshot of Cavill's CGI'd no-mustache. Oh man. That WB actually paid real money to get that result makes me embarrassed for them.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I just saw a screenshot of Cavill's CGI'd no-mustache. Oh man. That WB actually paid real money to get that result makes me embarrassed for them.
    My son mentioned that. He said it was very obvious, and poorly done.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why did they do that to his moustache?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He was filming Mission Impossible at the same time he was needed for Justice League re-shoots, but was contractually obligated to keep his mustache for MI.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Same old threat to everything, cliches over and over, too many fast cuts, etc., etc. And when are these film makers going to realize a METAL sword drawn from a NON-METALLIC sheath DOES NOT MAKE A LOUD METAL SCRAPING NOISE! Sheesh.

Oh yeah - 6 out of 10.
    Thank you! I'm also tired of the "ENTIRE WORLD IS IN DANGER!" threat in every superhero movie.

And I also get irritated at the sword sounds when the character just pulls it out.
    Have you seen the most recent Spiderman? It doesn't have the problem you highlighted.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't, but that's good to hear. I'm just burnt out on Spider-Man. Every time I get invested in a Spider-Man series, it gets side-tracked or scrapped entirely. We were supposed to get a Spider-Man 4 in the Raimi trilogy, but that never happened. Then we were supposed to get SM3 in the Andrew Garfield ones (and Sinister Six), which also never happened, now they're re-booting again. Granted, it's ingrained in the Marvel Universe now, but I really don't have any interest in Spider-Man.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I really, really liked the latest Spiderman. The 3D in IMAX was also very impressive. It almost gave me vertigo, which isn't a bad movie either.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri earlier, and fucking loved it. Really great film.

Here's the review I posted to my blog: https://jamesdoctordodgeaggas.wordpr...bing-missouri/
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I really, really liked the latest Spiderman. The 3D in IMAX was also very impressive. It almost gave me vertigo, which isn't a bad movie either.
    Yep LOVED Spider-Man and the fact that it was grounded with no aliens and end of the world shit.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Saw Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri earlier, and fucking loved it. Really great film.

Here's the review I posted to my blog: https://jamesdoctordodgeaggas.wordpr...bing-missouri/
    Really looking forward to seeing it next week (this week it's an exclusive San Francisco engagement-45 ,miles away).

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't, but that's good to hear. I'm just burnt out on Spider-Man. Every time I get invested in a Spider-Man series, it gets side-tracked or scrapped entirely. We were supposed to get a Spider-Man 4 in the Raimi trilogy, but that never happened. Then we were supposed to get SM3 in the Andrew Garfield ones (and Sinister Six), which also never happened, now they're re-booting again. Granted, it's ingrained in the Marvel Universe now, but I really don't have any interest in Spider-Man.
    It's a shame you were ruined by the other crappy Spiderman's Tom Holland is by far the best Spider-man ever. He actually feels like a real high school student.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

THAT'S what was wrong with Superman's opening scene ... I thought I just hadn't seen him in a while and forgot what he looked like ...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's a shame you were ruined by the other crappy Spiderman's Tom Holland is by far the best Spider-man ever. He actually feels like a real high school student.
    Totally agree with this. Tobey was my least favorite part of the Raimi trilogy but not because I dislike him as an actor but he's bordering on human Valium, just not enough energy for the role. Andrew was too good looking and slick, not enough awkwardness. I kept thinking how did he manage to get that tall haircut under the spider-man mask.

Anyway, Tom has been the best for me so far as well.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

WONDER - I enjoyed it - 8.5

What I really wonder at is my continuing amazement at the rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate people who go to the movies. The theater was over half full and it was like watching a movie during a minor earthquake with all the seat kicking, paper rustling, talking, a couple cell phones, etc. constantly going on. Shame on me for going to a movie the day before Thanksgiving. But I STILL enjoyed the movie!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

WONDER - I enjoyed it - 8.5

What I really wonder at is my continuing amazement at the rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate people who go the movies. The theater was over half full and it was like watching a movie during a minor earthquake with all the seat kicking, paper rustling, talking, a couple cell phones, etc. constantly going on. Shame on me for going to a movie the day before Thanksgiving. But I STILL enjoyed the movie!
    Very good film. It's the rare heart-warming film that isn't heavy on the cheesy moments. I must say, I know the film is based on a YA book, but I was shocked at how many kids were in attendance. We went on a Saturday afternoon, but I was still surprised. That said, this is certainly a film EVERY child should see.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well. I finally got here (first time in I wonder how many years), and now am hesitant about how to proceed. The point is, there's been spells of time this year that I've done nothing but watching movies (the only other two things were listening and playing music), because bear's brain condition didn't allow anything else. Luckily, I kept track of the movies elsewhere; now look at my saved list and am awestruck. Will try to put it into next post, if the engine lets me (I forget if we have any character limitation to a post)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Russian Films:
    Spoiler:

1. День свадьбы придется уточнить (1979, Степан Пучинян)
    2. Дочь (2012, Александр Касаткин)
    3. Нелюбовь (2017, Андрей Звягинцев)
    4. А если это любовь? (1961, Юлий Райзман)
    5. Антон Иваныч сердится (1941, Александр Ивановский)
    6. Безотцовщина (1976, Владимир Шамшурин)
    7. Блондинка за углом (1984, Владимир Бортко), rewatch
    8. Большая перемена (mini-series, 1972, Алексей Коренев)
    9. Валентин и Валентина (1986, Георгий Натансон)
    10. Вас вызывает Таймыр (1970, Алексей Коренев), rewatch
    11. Впервые замужем (1979, Иосиф Хейфец)
    12. Голубые горы, или неправдоподобная история (1983, Эльдар Шенгелая), rewatch
    13. Город Зеро (1988, Карен Шахназаров), rewatch
    14. Городской романс (1971, Петр Тодоровский)
    15. Два билета на дневной сеанс (1966, Герберт Раппапорт)
    16. Дети Дон-Кихота (1966, Евгений Карелов)
    17. Дневник директора школы (1974, Борис Фрумин)
    18. Добро пожаловать, или Посторонним вход воспрещен (1964, Элем Климов)
    19. Добряки (1979, Карен Шахназаров)
    20. До первой крови (1989, Владимир Фокин)
    21. Друг мой, Колька! (1961, Александр Митта, Алексей Салтыков)
    22. Елена (2011, Андрей Звягинцев)
    23. Жизнь с идиотом (1993, Александр Рогожкин)
    24. Журналист (1967, Сергей Герасимов)
    25. Игры для детей школьного возраста (1985, Лейда Лайус, Арво Ихо)
    26. Испытательный срок (1960, Владимир Герасимов)
    27. Камертон (1979, Виллен Новак)
    28. Каникулы Кроша (1980, Григорий Аронов), rewatch
    29. Ключ без права передачи (1976, Динара Асанова), rewatch
    30. Кококо (2012, Авдотья Смирнова)
    31. Куколка (1988, Исаак Фридберг), rewatch
    32. Ландыш серебристый (2000, Тигран Кеосаян), rewatch
    33. Левиафан (2014, Андрей Звягинцев)
    34. Любовь и голуби (1984, Владимир Меньшов)
    35. Мама вышла замуж (1969, Виталий Мельников)
    36. Мачеха (1973, Олег Бондарев)
    37. Мелкий бес (1995, Николай Досталь)
    38. Милый, дорогой, любимый, единственный (1984, Динара Асанова), rewatch
    39. Молодая жена (1978, Леонид Менакер)
    40. Мордашка (1990, Андрей Разумовский)
    41. Москва слезам не верит (1979, Владимир Меньшов)
    42. Музыкальная история (1940, Александр Ивановский, Герберт Раппапорт)
    43. Ночные забавы (1991, Владимир Краснопольский, Валерий Усков)
    44. Одиноким предоставляется общежитие (1973, Самсон Самсонов)
    45. Осенний марафон (1979, Георгий Данелия), rewatch
    46. Остановился поезд (1982, Вадим Абдрашитов), rewatch
    47. Отпуск в сентябре (1979, Виталий Мельников), rewatch
    48. Плюмбум, или Опасная игра (1986, Вадим Абдрашитов), rewatch
    49. По главной улице с оркестром (1986, Петр Тодоровский)
    50. Поворот (1978, Вадим Абдрашитов), rewatch
    51. По семейным обстоятельствам (1978, Алексей Коренев), rewatch
    52. Приключения Кроша (1962, Генрих Оганисян)
    53. Приключения Электроника (1979, Константин Бромберг)
    54. Приходи на меня посмотреть (2000, Михаил Агранович, Олег Янковский), rewatch
    55. Публикация (1988, Виктор Волков)
    56. Пусть я умру, господи (1988, Борис Григорьев)
    57. Рагин (2004, Кирилл Серебренников)
    58. Родня (1981, Никита Михалков), rewatch
    59. Роковая ошибка (1988, Никита Хубов), rewatch
    60. Самая обаятельная и привлекательная (1975, Геральд Бежанов), rewatch
    61. Сатана (1990, Виктор Аристов)
    62. Сладкая женщина (1976, Владимир Фетин), rewatch
    63. Слезы капали (1982, Георгий Данелия), rewatch
    64. Соблазн (1987, Вячеслав Сорокин)
    65. Странная женщина (1977, Юлий Райзман)
    66. Тело (1990, Никита Хубов)
    67. Ученик (2016, Кирилл Серебренников)
    68. Училка (2015, Алексей Петрухин)
    69. Фантазии Фарятьева (1979, Илья Авербах), rewatch
    70. Фонтан (1988, Юрий Мамин), rewatch
    71. Шумный день (1960, Анатолий Эфрос, Георгий Натансон), rewatch
    71. Жить (2011, Василий Сигарев), rewatch
    72. Волчок (2009, Василий Сигарев), rewatch
    73. Мелодия для шарманки (2009, Кира Муратова), rewatch

1. Prova d'orchestra (1978, Federico Fellini), rewatch
    2. Immortal Beloved (1994, Bernard Rose)
    3. Song Without End (1960, Charles Vidor)
    4. Baby Blues (2008, Lars Jacobson)
    5. Antichrist (2009, Lars von Trier), rewatch
    6. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016, Dan Trachtenberg)
    7. Autumn Sonata (1978, Ingmar Bergman)
    8. Benny's Video (1992, Michael Haneke), rewatch
    9. Breaking the Waves (1996, Lars von Trier)
    10. Cracks (2009, Jordan Scott)
    11. La pianiste (2001, Michael Haneke), rewatch
    12. Un jeu d'enfant (1990, Pascal Kané)
    13. The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016, André Øvredal)
    14. Side Effects (2013, Steven Soderbergh), rewatch
    15. Gone Girl (2014, David Fincher)
    16. The Changeling (1979, Peter Medak), rewatch
    17. Dans la maison (2012, François Ozon)
    18. Daisy Diamond (2007, Simon Staho), rewatch
    19. Das weiße Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte (2009, Michael Haneke), rewatch
    20. Der siebente Kontinent (1989, Michael Haneke), rewatch
    21. Después de Lucía (2012, Michel Franco)
    22. Les diables (2002, Christophe Ruggia)
    23. Festen (1998, Thomas Vinterberg)
    24. The Forest (2015, Jason Zada)
    25. Fish Tank (2009, Andrea Arnold)
    26. Fucking Åmål (1998, Lukas Moodysson)
    27. Hundstage (2001, Ulrich Seidl)
    28. Idioterne (1998, Lars von Trier), rewatch
    29. Import Export (2007, Ulrich Seidl)
    30. In the Mouth of Madness (1994, John Carpenter), rewatch
    31. Jagten (2012, Thomas Vinterberg), rewatch
    32. Dogtooth (2009, Yorgos Lanthimos), rewatch
    33. Lights Out (2016, David F. Sandberg)
    34. Get Out (2017, Jordan Peele)
    35. Мама (2013, Andy Muschietti), rewatch
    36. My Little Princess (2011, Eva Ionesco)
    37. Nymphomaniac (2013, Lars von Trier)
    38. The Quiet (2005, Jamie Babbit)
    39. Raw (2016, Julia Ducournau)
    40. Sånger från andra våningen (2000, Roy Andersson)
    41. Thesis (1996, Alejandro Amenábar)
    42. The Herd (2014, Melanie Light, short)
    43. The Vvitch (2015, Robert Eggers)
    44. The Conjuring (2013, James Wan), rewatch
    45. The Conjuring 2 (2016, James Wan)
    46. The Neighbor (2016, Marcus Dunstan)
    47. Wandering Rose (2014, Coz Greenop)
    48. Wasp (2003, Andrea Arnold, short)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Daddy's Home 2.
    Totally bereft of any humor. A waste of $4 and 90 minutes of my time.
    1/6 beers on the RFSRS

I was thinking if someone offered to pay me to go see DADDY'S HOME 2 I still might not go.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

But but but I liked the first one and I love Mel Gibson ...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    But but but I liked the first one and I love Mel Gibson ...
    I thought the first one was funny- 3/6 beers, but this one was putrid.

I haven't seen either one, so I guess I am not qualified to judge them. I almost always avoid movies of this "type". The last one I can recall going to is THE BROTHERS GRIMBSY, which I also can not fully review, since I walked out in disgust less than half way through it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mudbound

First, let me say that I love how Netflix is making original films. Beasts of No Nation was fantastic. I haven't gotten the chance to watch the Stephen King adaptations 1922 and Gerald's Game just yet, but I'm hoping to soon. That being said, the cinephile in me finds something inherently wrong about watching a film on Netflix that I should be watching in a movie theater. Mudbound is one of the very best films of the year, and if all is right in the world, it should be nominated for Best Picture. I just worry that films like this will be overlooked by audiences and members of the Academy alike. My worry is that in the future, this is how all films will be released, or at least all films of this nature. I'm sure it won't happen for a while, but that's where we are headed I'm afraid.

Anyway, don't miss this one. It's a timely film and it really has an old Hollywood feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Well. I finally got here (first time in I wonder how many years), and now am hesitant about how to proceed. The point is, there's been spells of time this year that I've done nothing but watching movies (the only other two things were listening and playing music), because bear's brain condition didn't allow anything else. Luckily, I kept track of the movies elsewhere; now look at my saved list and am awestruck. Will try to put it into next post, if the engine lets me (I forget if we have any character limitation to a post)
    I'm confused, haven't you been around the boards recently?

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Predestination last night. It was completely different than what I thought it was going to be (in a good way). I was captivated from start to finish, which is especially complimentary since I started it so late at night. I was a fan of the first half more than the second (which tended to get a little bogged down with all the the time travel back-and-forth, in addition to the story not really going too much of anywhere--though I understand the circular nature of the story and life of the main character was the whole point), but really enjoyed the experience. Probably the most enjoyable and engaging movie I've seen in awhile.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 441 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 ... LastLast