Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 441 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Logan Lucky:

Quite a few great scenes, but the mockery of dumb southerners wears thin.
    Slightly pulled together at the end.

Overall it has no soul (a worse sin is that it wasn't funny).

3/6 beers on the RFSRS
    That mockery of dumb southerners I felt in the trailer really turned me off from wanting to see this movie.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Dunkirk (3.5/4)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Wind River today.
    Fascinating and compelling murder investigation on an Indian reservation in Wyoming.
    No one seems to have clear jurisdiction (including the wet behind her ears FBI agent) which makes solving the rape murder of a young Indian woman difficult.

Compelling and convincing.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I have to say that it's disappointing to write a mini review, and receive no comments. Happened quite a lot here recently,

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dunkirk

Finally saw this epic war movie the other day. It took me a while to get into it and understand the story it was telling. It wasn't telling your typical war story. Considering that Dunkirk is a particular topic that has constantly been discussed over whether it was a huge defeat or victory for Britain, (in fact, I remember having to write an essay on it back in high school for History,) I wasn't surprised by this. I was surprised by the narrative, and how it was both linear and non-linear at the same time. However, once I grasped it, I really appreciated it.

One thing I really appreciated was how focused it was on the British side of the story in this one. I must admit, focusing exclusively on the British evacuation was refreshing. I'm not surprised my housemates said afterwards that they had difficulty understanding the foreign accents, though. Those accents weren't just British, but, to quote my favourite SNL sketch, "extremely British". One hell of a risk to take when making a film for an international audience. As you can imagine, yours truly definitely appreciated how authentic it was.

Overall, Dunkirk was a really great, if very unusual war film. It's nice to see that, along with Hacksaw Ridge, the genre seems to be getting a bit of a revival lately.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Okja - a Netflix original. Wow. Not sure how to review this one. One part kid's movie, one part cautionary tale, one part totally grotesque (not for the kiddies). One thing's for sure, it's a thought provoking look at the meat-producing food industry. Be prepared for some some over-the-top performances from Tilda Swinton (plays twins), and Jake Gyllenhaal (animal tv host). In the end I really was moved by it. 8/10.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the non-linear three story lines in Dunkirk.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I have to say that it's disappointing to write a mini review, and receive no comments. Happened quite a lot here recently,
    Sorry, RF. I haven't seen Logan Lucky or Wind River yet, so I can't comment. I'm really looking forward to seeing River though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Sorry, RF. I haven't seen Logan Lucky or Wind River yet, so I can't comment. I'm really looking forward to seeing River though.
    I read everyone of these. And love them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Logan Lucky: a pretty slow, but ultimately fun caper movie. Lots of fine performances that somehow don't come totally together. When it comes to the southern mockery, lets just say appearances can be deceiving - in the context of the film the mockery did not both me at all. Overall, a 6/10 - wait for the for it to come out on rental.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ingred Goes West-

I should probably be posting this review on Instagram, or Twitter, or God forbid old shit like Facebook, MYSpace, message boards, etc.

A dark and sad insight into what people can, and will become in the pursuit of being "liked". Plodding, and rarely exciting, with a deus ex machina character needed to move the movie forward to even more depressing levels, it's still a brilliant but flawed movie. Not enjoyable, but an almost "must see" film.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ingred Goes West-

I should probably be posting this review on Instagram, or Twitter, or God forbid old shit like Facebook, MYSpace, message boards, etc.

A dark and sad insight into what people can, and will become in the pursuit of being "liked". Plodding, and rarely exciting, with a deus ex machina character needed to move the movie forward to even more depressing levels, it's still a brilliant but flawed movie. Not enjoyable, but an almost "must see" film.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS
    My exact thoughts... good review. I just got back from Dunkirk and... holy F I have never felt such constant intensity throughout a movie before!!! Wow... they need to win for Score... academy award 100%!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave my eldest daughter a lesson in classic movies, we just did "Ace Ventura" 1&2... Brilliant love the classics!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just took my oldest daughter to see Annabelle: The Creation. Really enjoyed it. Very predictable as it uses nearly every horror trope in the book, but the makers of the two Conjuring movies and this one have the formula down pat. I loved The Nun connections and how this connected to Annabelle. Can't wait to see The Nun and The Crooked man, both of which are slated before the Conjuring 3. Overall, 8/10.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Wind River today.
    Fascinating and compelling murder investigation on an Indian reservation in Wyoming.
    No one seems to have clear jurisdiction (including the wet behind her ears FBI agent) which makes solving the rape murder of a young Indian woman difficult.

Compelling and convincing.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    I completely agree. I saw Wind River yesterday and I was very impressed. I've been following Taylor Sheridan since he wrote Sicario. I've been anxiously awaiting his directorial debut and he didn't disappoint. I can't wait to see what else he has in store for us.

As much as I love summer movies, I'm really ready for these kinds of films.

There's a scene late in Wind River that isn't quite as good as the bridge scene in Sicario, but it's pretty damn close.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I do read, when I have time, what you guys say. I have no comments because I have not seen what you are are seeing.
    I did recently watch "It Comes at Night." I liked the scenery and that was it. I was looking forward to this movie. Nothing came at night, nothing happened, and we get an apocalyptic type plot that goes nowhere. I hated it and want my time back . 2/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I do read, when I have time, what you guys say. I have no comments because I have not seen what you are are seeing.
    I did recently watch "It Comes at Night." I liked the scenery and that was it. I was looking forward to this movie. Nothing came at night, nothing happened, and we get an apocalyptic type plot that goes nowhere. I hated it and want my time back . 2/10
    Seen this last night too. And boy did I expect more... every scene I did. I think after reflection that actually made it somewhat good. I hated the ending... I would say a 6/10.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Seen this last night too. And boy did I expect more... every scene I did. I think after reflection that actually made it somewhat good. I hated the ending... I would say a 6/10.
    The movie was not even long. By the time the ending rolled around, I was so disinterested in what I was watching that I can only speculate what the ending was about. Then again, I was so disappointed withe the movie that I won't speculate and throw my thoughts about this movie under the curb.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't hate It Comes at Night, but I was let down. I felt a little cheated as well. I expect big things from A24, so my hopes were up. Other films, TV shows and video games have taken similar subject matter and executed it far better.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Good Time" today. Fascinating visuals of a mostly night time Queens in all of its neon desperation glory. Perch yourself on the shoulder of a psychopath that instead of the movie cliche of being brilliant, is more like the stupid person one would expect from a violent criminal.

Single minded to bail his challenged brother out of jail from a bungled bank robbery he "masterminded" , "Connie" uses and abuses anyone in his path.

People either love or hate the movie. Lovers hail Robert Pattinson's performance and the gritty movie as evocative of Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. Some saying this movie (and performance) is equally as great.

You decide and report back in 40 years.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS. Would have been less if not for the gritty cinematography.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Good Time" today. Fascinating visuals of a mostly night time Queens in all of its neon desperation glory. Perch yourself on the shoulder of a psychopath that instead of the movie cliche of being brilliant, is more like the stupid person one would expect from a violent criminal.

Single minded to bail his challenged brother out of jail from a bungled bank robbery he "masterminded" , "Connie" uses and abuses anyone in his path.

People either love or hate the movie. Lovers hail Robert Pattinson's performance and the gritty movie as evocative of Al Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon. Some saying this movie (and performance) is equally as great.

You decide and report back in 40 years.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS. Would have been less if not for the gritty cinematography.
    I was on the fence about seeing Good Time. Your thoughts made me decide to give it a shot. I will probably wait until it comes out on Blu-ray.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping that this summer having the worst box office total in 11 years gets studio execs to realize people are growing tired of the same thing (superheros, sequels, prequels, reboots, though some were successful) and are ready for more original films.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hoping that this summer having the worst box office total in 11 years gets studio execs to realize people are growing tired of the same thing (superheros, sequels, prequels, reboots, though some were successful) and are ready for more original films.
    I have to disagree... superhero movies are the only ones really doing great consistently. The season failed because the quality of films was poor. Not what they were. People will go to a movie more so today on word of mouth than anything else.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They may be doing well compared to original films right now, but superhero movies/new franchise installments have been raking in less money than their predecessors.

EDIT: I wish I could find the box office chart I saw the other day.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That's what I'm hoping too. Many of the blockbuster films did well, especially the deserving ones (Wonder Woman, Spider-Man), but a few are showing signs that audiences aren't having it anymore (Transformers). I think the success of Baby Driver is a good sign. We need more fresh, original films like that. The same goes for Get Out, which was out earlier in the year. Hollywood should be thinking about the success of those films and how to duplicate that, without doing sequels to them.

On a weird side note, and I've been mentioning this to a lot of people and it's something I truly believe and that is the fact that hacked Firesticks might be partially to blame for the lower box office totals. I know what you're thinking. Not enough people have them to make an impact, but I'm just judging from my friend and family base and I can't tell you how many people I've talked with this summer that have mentioned to me that they saw movies A, B and C all on their shiny new Firestick without going to the theater.

I'm telling you. This is going to be a thing eventually. I have a few family members who have a hard time turning on their Blu-ray players that are watching movies currently in theaters on their Firestick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 441 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast