Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 441 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

War was FANTASTIC. 9/10. Wasn't as cliche as I thought it would be. There was some but I sincerely enjoyed it. I called the ending a mile away though even though they don't tell ya at this time. Those of you that have seen it will know exactly what I mean. Andy Serkis needs to at least be nominated for an Oscar.... there isn't many as good as him. I am very excited to see where the series goes and hope Reeves stays in the drivers seat. 2017 is shaping to up to be one of my all time favourite years of Stellar films. And still half a year left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The first great movie experience of my life was seeing the original Planet of the Apes with my parents and brother at a drive in. I was five. I loved every minute of it - and I loved the entire series/tv show. All of the reviews I have read below are excellent takes on the current film. It's easily one of the best trilogies of the modern era. Who would have thought they could be so good after the Tim Burton debacle. The only thing I can add that I loved were the western feel to the film (so many good revenge westerns), and the obvious homage to The Great Escape, one of my favorite war movies of all time. Just a wonderful experience all round. My wife and two daughters loved it as well. So satisfying - my favorite film of the summer. My guess is that we will see more Apes franchise movies in the future. My hope is that they take 3-5 years off, then choose to move forward hundreds of years (the first movie opened with a mentioning of a manned mission to mars?) and seek to create a new trilogy. Serkis might even come back and play a descendent in a supporting role. We are certainly heading toward the original's territory.

Sad to say that my understanding is that Serkis, because of the action capture animation, is not eligible for oscar consideration. Absolute B.S.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Thanks, Mike. Agreed on most points. However, I am wondering about one thing:
    Spoiler:
    I'm not sure whether these movies will necessarily lead into the original film. What's interesting that it's setting up that core story in a lot of ways, but the timeline of the new universe would be massively scaled down by comparison.

It's not just Nova that's a hint of this. It's also the fact that Caeser's new son was named Cornelius. Maybe they're little nods to the original movie, or maybe they're supposed to be new versions of those particular characters.
    I'm curious to see what will happen if they make more movies. Even if additional sequels turn out to be shit, at least these 3 movies form such a brilliant trilogy in their own right.
    The way I've looked at it since Rise is that we are seeing how the world in the original Planet of the Apes came into existence. Names like Nova and Cornelius are just nods to the previous films. The names were passed down from generation, just like there were people named James and Michael walking around hundreds of years ago.

As for Caesar, I look at him as this legendary being that Apes will revere and tell stories about for generations. Honestly, for my convenience, I chose to make believe all the films between the original Planet of the Apes and Rise of the Planet of the Apes didn't exist.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fair point. It'll be interesting to see how subsequent movies unfold.

And personally? I really don't mind the sequels. Especially the uncut version of Conquest. It's not as good as Rise, but you definitely see the inspiration for that film, and it's actually shocking how violent it is. Although Battle definitely sucked.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take the five originals as they are, even with all the drawbacks of Battle. There is so much material from the original five that the new trilogy draws upon. Where would Dawn be without the Ape shall not kill Ape mantra? All that really needs to be expunged is Burton's terrible riff.

I am embarrassed to say I have not seen the uncut version of Conquest - I didn't even know it exists. Is it that different from the original?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    All that really needs to be expunged is Burton's terrible riff.
    Actually, that's true. I change my phrasing. The original sequels can stay, I just find it easier to figure out a timeline in my head by not factoring them in.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The best way to construct a timeline is start with Rise and the prequels, continue with Planet and Beneath, and then, with Escape, understand that a brand new timeline has been created as a result of time travel.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I am embarrassed to say I have not seen the uncut version of Conquest - I didn't even know it exists. Is it that different from the original?
    It's included in the blu-ray. It's more violent, and had a much darker ending. I definitely prefer it to the theatrical cut.

- Melike

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you that seen the new one... no one really said anything but was it as obvious for you as it was for me?

Spoiler:
    That they army that came was not human but another Ape popultaion. They took great pains to hide faces and the way they were running was not human. I found it to be very blatant... Especially after being introduced to the new ape from a zoo. I think the did not out right show you so as to show that it was apes attacking in a flashback in the next movie. thoughts?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    For those of you that seen the new one... no one really said anything but was it as obvious for you as it was for me?

Spoiler:
    That they army that came was not human but another Ape popultaion. They took great pains to hide faces and the way they were running was not human. I found it to be very blatant... Especially after being introduced to the new ape from a zoo. I think the did not out right show you so as to show that it was apes attacking in a flashback in the next movie. thoughts?
    This is a very interesting theory, and one that is completely plausible.

Spoiler:
    However, earlier in the film we see 3 soldiers wearing white snow camo. It's the same white camo the invading army is wearing at the end.
    That doesn't mean you're theory can't be right though.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think you are way off base here. I just looked at a still photo graph and it's pretty obvious to me you have it wrong.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I think you are way off base here. I just looked at a still photo graph and it's pretty obvious to me you have it wrong.
    Perhaps, but the guys with me found it odd to.. and are now convinced I am right. Time will tell....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Perhaps, but the guys with me found it odd to.. and are now convinced I am right. Time will tell....

Actually, pictures will tell... note the facial features of the 11 ovals - your may need to find a larger picture. Clearly human.
    Spoiler:

It also makes no sense if you take the following into consideration as well...
    Spoiler:
    Why would the invading army be apes, when Woody Harrelson is so obviously waiting for humans? Why would an ape, when seeing Caesar, shoot to kill? Only a human, one who knows that the simian flu is most likely going to cause him to lose speech and mental faculties, would shoot to kill a fellow ape at that point. As for the walking of the invading army. They are clearly in winter garb, with winter boots, etc, which easily accounts for any oddness to their walking/running, which I have to be honest with you is more than a reach. I just don't think your assertion is plausible. Sorry dude.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one that likes the Burton Apes film?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

God, I hope so.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Dunkirk yesterday on an IMAX screen. Very impressive immersion into the war. Explosions literally shook the seats and screen in the theater. The only problem I had was trying to decipher the English spoken with very heavy British accents. I found myself making up the words with a second or two delay after they were spoken. Almost wished there was Closed Caption.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The only problem I had was trying to decipher the English spoken with very heavy British accents. I found myself making up the words with a second or two delay after they were spoken. Almost wished there was Closed Caption.
    Now I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.

- Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

MARVEL has done it again! Just saw Spiderman: Homecoming, all I can say is wow! Easily the most fun I have had at the movies in a long time. This is exactly what has been missing from the Spiderman franchise. The kid is back. I know that the comparisons have been out there, but this really is what would have happened if John Hughes had directed a Marvel movie. I loved how the opening tied into the Marvel universe, I loved the wink-wink moments (Bueller? Bueller?), and the last line of the movie is easily the best final line of any Marvel film to date. Even the end credits were well done - love Bliztkrieg Bop! Stay to the end, as even the final end credits are worth the wait. Just so jacked after seeing this one. This is what summer movies are meant to do. The wife and kids loved it too.

And Keaton? Great!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt like Spider-Man's powers come mostly from the suit made by Iron Man (not a spoiler, it's in the trailers), so I wasn't a fan of that. He even says "I'm nothing without that suit"...
    Did you leave before the end? Classic coming of age lesson!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Liked it as well, Pablo. Never understood the hatred towards this movie.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

MARVEL has done it again! Just saw Spiderman: Homecoming, all I can say is wow! Easily the most fun I have had at the movies in a long time. This is exactly what has been missing from the Spiderman franchise. The kid is back. I know that the comparisons have been out there, but this really is what would have happened if John Hughes had directed a Marvel movie. I loved how the opening tied into the Marvel universe, I loved the wink-wink moments (Bueller? Bueller?), and the last line of the movie is easily the best final line of any Marvel film to date. Even the end credits were well done - love Bliztkrieg Bop! Stay to the end, as even the final end credits are worth the wait. Just so jacked after seeing this one. This is what summer movies are meant to do. The wife and kids loved it too.

And Keaton? Great!!!
    BOOM! Thank you for this. I felt the site was not as warm as I was to the movie. Glad to see another loving it so much....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Actually, pictures will tell... note the facial features of the 11 ovals - your may need to find a larger picture. Clearly human.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Why would the invading army be apes, when Woody Harrelson is so obviously waiting for humans? Why would an ape, when seeing Caesar, shoot to kill? Only a human, one who knows that the simian flu is most likely going to cause him to lose speech and mental faculties, would shoot to kill a fellow ape at that point. As for the walking of the invading army. They are clearly in winter garb, with winter boots, etc, which easily accounts for any oddness to their walking/running, which I have to be honest with you is more than a reach. I just don't think your assertion is plausible. Sorry dude.
    You posted a great pic.... BUT...
    Spoiler:
    It reaffirms my belief that they are apes.... the filmmakers went to great strides to cover every one of the 'humans' faces.. why??? why go so far to do that??? because... they ARE apes. I will be interested to see the next in the franchise to see if I am right or not... there are others on line that believe what I do to so I am not alone at least. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    You posted a great pic.... BUT...
    Spoiler:
    It reaffirms my belief that they are apes.... the filmmakers went to great strides to cover every one of the 'humans' faces.. why??? why go so far to do that??? because... they ARE apes. I will be interested to see the next in the franchise to see if I am right or not... there are others on line that believe what I do to so I am not alone at least. lol
    Yes, but...
    Spoiler:
    Did you see the enlarged pic I sent you via email? That one clearly shows that at least nine of the covered faces are human!!! Look closely at the goggle areas!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In regards to Apes, I believe the invading army was all human. The fact that their faces are covered could just be because the filmmakers wanted to make a faceless army.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched War for the Planet of the Apes yesterday afternoon. On a scale of 1 to 10 I think it was a solid 7. It felt very choppy throughout the movie but I did like that they worked at bringing the story full circle. The FX were good in places and in others it just looked like a video game. The added ape from the ski lodge bothered me. He felt like a throw in character and was reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks. Just my two cents.

There were aspects of this movie that I liked more than the others from the current cycle however overall this was the weakest of the three for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 287 of 441 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 ... LastLast