Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 441 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just seen Gardians... no DT trailer... and the worst Marvel movie to date. 5/10. Some cool shots but the constant bickering and sappy banter was just over the top... and NON STOP. Pretty disappointed
    The previews look like a bunch of dumb humor. Was it really as bad as the previews? Was it that disappointing?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just seen Gardians... no DT trailer... and the worst Marvel movie to date. 5/10. Some cool shots but the constant bickering and sappy banter was just over the top... and NON STOP. Pretty disappointed
    But I like bickering and banter ... Lol

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Path to War

4/5

Not my type of normal movie, a docudrama about LBJ focusing on the Vietnam War. Incredibly political, which I normally steer clear of, but man, the acting was great (Michael Gambon, Alec Baldwin, Donald Sutherland were all fantastic), and although the movie ran just short of three hours, it kept my attention and intrigue the entire way through.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    The previews look like a bunch of dumb humor. Was it really as bad as the previews? Was it that disappointing?
    There is one part where Star Lord and his father play catch... we wanted to leave the theater. Honesty cannot wait to hear others reviews. It was brutal... non stop fighting and stupid jokes. The first one had so much charm.... they lost it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen it, but the Washington Post gave it 4 stars (out of 4). Said it was one of the best Marvel movies ever.

They don't give out many 4-star ratings.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I haven't seen it, but the Washington Post gave it 4 stars (out of 4). Said it was one of the best Marvel movies ever.

They don't give out many 4-star ratings.
    Yeah I LOVE Marvel movies and it has like over 80% on rotten tomatoes but... I just found the banter insufferable as did the other guys I went with.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed GOTG 2 yesterday. IMAX 3D. Enjoyed the movie and the constant banter-there was quite a bit of witty dialouge, but thought the never ending ending was too much, then the sappy stuff really brought it down.
    20 minutes too long, but still a pleasure. I give it 4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS. With the proper cuts, it could have been near perfect.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed GOTG 2 yesterday. IMAX 3D. Enjoyed the movie and the constant banter-there was quite a bit of witty dialouge, but thought the never ending ending was too much, then the sappy stuff really brought it down.
    20 minutes too long, but still a pleasure. I give it 4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS. With the proper cuts, it could have been near perfect.
    What about them playing catch? I wanted to leave. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Why?
    Why? It was so over the top corny. Have you seen it? Wait till ya do. I LOVED the first one. I hated the second.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Part of the 20 minutes that should have been excised.
    I took it as
    Spoiler:
    "God" and his son "Jesus" tossing the entirety of the universe around. It was lame-I already understood what was happening.

P.S. That was when I went to the restroom to leave 1.5 beers of my rating in the urinal.

Country
    Country Flag

Part of the 20 minutes that should have been excised.
    I took it as
    Spoiler:
    "God" and his son "Jesus" tossing the entirety of the universe around. It was lame-I already understood what was happening.

P.S. That was when I went to the restroom to leave 1.5 beers of my rating in the urinal.
    Ahhahahahahaha that was hilarious

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen it yet, but them playing catch sounds hilarious. Honestly, if you tell me they played "Cat's in the Cradle" while playing catch I will piss myself in the theater. Do you not understand what they were going for there?

Also, you say you liked the first one, which was full of banter. Like, the entire film. It's really not adding up why you didn't like it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I haven't seen it yet, but them playing catch sounds hilarious. Honestly, if you tell me they played "Cat's in the Cradle" while playing catch I will piss myself in the theater. Do you not understand what they were going for there?

Also, you say you liked the first one, which was full of banter. Like, the entire film. It's really not adding up why you didn't like it.
    Just go see it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My stepson is at the theater right now, watching it. I'll report his impression later tonight or tomorrow. He's a stereotypical 26-year-old failure to launch gamer comic book type, so he's certainly favorably inclined.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Just go see it

*grabs car keys*

Country
    Country Flag

Wow wow wow. I'm telling you all... there is a movie out with Danny Glover in it... called Extortion. I give this a solid 9/10. What an amazing thriller.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Guardians today and the catch scene was all of ten seconds long, hardly a deal-breaker. The movie was not as good as the first one but still very entertaining.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Guardians today and the catch scene was all of ten seconds long, hardly a deal-breaker. The movie was not as good as the first one but still very entertaining.
    I never said it was a deal breaker. I mentioned that as a point to the amount of cheese it perpetuated. I thought the first one had a charm to it. This one didn't at all... now there was moments of greatness. The arrow scene was brilliant. It was just one of my least fav Marvel movies. I must say though.. seeing the trailer for Spiderman in Imax got me pretty excited... it looks fantastic!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardians 2 might be the most divisive Marvel film I can remember.

I'll try to catch it sometime this week.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Rings last night, should have passed.
    Spoiler:
    It was cool that they continued the story, and that they came up with a prequel without just going back to before the first movie, but it was poorly written. Acting was fine, but I was talking to the screen through out the whole thing. Questions like "How did he get a grant for this experiment?" or "Why aren't their parents calling them every five minutes?"

Just gonna stick with the first one for the rest of my life.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I try to watch every film nominated for Best Picture each year. For some reason, Lion just didn't interest me that much. For the sake of completion, I figured I should at least rent it. It didn't hurt that the rental was free. Well, I'm glad I decided to watch it. I absolutely adored the film. It's a remarkable true story. I'd recommend it to everybody.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Watched Rings last night, should have passed.
    Spoiler:
    It was cool that they continued the story, and that they came up with a prequel without just going back to before the first movie, but it was poorly written. Acting was fine, but I was talking to the screen through out the whole thing. Questions like "How did he get a grant for this experiment?" or "Why aren't their parents calling them every five minutes?"

Just gonna stick with the first one for the rest of my life.
    Rings was rough. Almost turned it off. Bleh

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's fun reading through these. I usually am 2-3 months behind on movies as I wait for the bluray. But this provides a good gauge for what to watch and more importantly what to avoid.

If I ever review it's going to be old and behind. I didn't look through each page, but have been wanting to talk about a particular movie, "Bone Tomahawk." I have no idea what to rate this movie as I'm still somewhat shocked by it. It was extremely gritty and well acted and realistic, but the pace was very slow. Then the last 20 minutes or so was just jaw dropping. I didn't expect it, I didn't believe it, and damned if I couldn't look away.

Anyway, I guess I still have to give it a 3.5/5 because of the pace, it was nice to see Kurt Russell again.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    My stepson is at the theater right now, watching it. I'll report his impression later tonight or tomorrow. He's a stereotypical 26-year-old failure to launch gamer comic book type, so he's certainly favorably inclined.
    I saw Guardians today...The movie was not as good as the first one but still very entertaining.
    That's about the same report I got. Good movie, like a"B+" compared to the first, which was an "A." I'll probably wait for the DVD. I'm fairly optimistic, as I really did like the first one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 441 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 332 382 ... LastLast