Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 441 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I watched Passengers the other night. While it wasn't the greatest film ever made, I don't know where the bad reviews came from. Will I watch it again, no. But it was entertaining enough. The only thing that annoyed me
    Spoiler:
    was that a crew guy conveniently woke up just in time to give them access to everything, and then he just as quickly left.
    I really liked the chemistry between Jennifer and Chris. Not a great film, but a descent one to see and to never see again.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Stay away from Ghost in a Shell. It's not even bad. It's just... blah. Which to me is even worse.
    That sucks, I was hoping it would be something more then just blah.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just took the family to see Beauty and the Beast. Thoroughly enjoyable. The singing voices were better than I thought they would be. I must admit that, as I had read, the animation of the beast was surprisingly subpar. Still, the kids didn't care, nor did the wife. Not ground breaking, but it's fun to see the musical alive and well.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I saw Get Out today. Really great suspense movie. I particularly enjoyed the satirical themes of the movie as well as the horrific ones. Very well made, I thought.

I think my favourite watch of the weekend though, (a weekend that including big screen viewings of Get Out and Breathless (1983),) was The Void. I had accidentally caught the Toronto premiere of it, which had the cast and crew afterwards in a Q&A with the audience, so that was cool. Even better was getting to see it for free, due to going to The Royal cinema so regularly. There's a good chance I'll see it again, though, and pay for it. It's just so well made. It's a very old school horror, with strong influences from Hellraiser, The Thing, and even The Evil Dead (the first one and the remake, not the sequels). It's also got a strong Lovecraftian influence. At some moments surreal, but most of the time, pretty fucking shocking and horrific. And a great use of practical effects, too, particularly with the monsters. It's got a strong sense of dread as well as seriously strong gore content. It also has a really good plot, too. Overall, I really enjoyed it. To horror fans, it's definitely one to keep an eye out for.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I saw Get Out today. Really great suspense movie. I particularly enjoyed the satirical themes of the movie as well as the horrific ones. Very well made, I thought.
    r.
    I saw Get Out today as well, great movie!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently saw Independence Day: Resurgence, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, and Fences.

IDR was pretty much what you'd expect; a fine, fun popcorn movie, like the original.

FBAWTFT - it was nice to return to the Potter universe, but strange to see such a movie without the usual stakes, nevermind the usual characters. Still, it was pretty good.

Fences - most of this took place in a single small setting. This movie was a reminder that you don't need much to get the job done - fantastic acting + writing is enough to make a great movie.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post

I think my favourite watch of the weekend though, (a weekend that including big screen viewings of Get Out and Breathless (1983),) was The Void. I had accidentally caught the Toronto premiere of it, which had the cast and crew afterwards in a Q&A with the audience, so that was cool. Even better was getting to see it for free, due to going to The Royal cinema so regularly. There's a good chance I'll see it again, though, and pay for it. It's just so well made. It's a very old school horror, with strong influences from Hellraiser, The Thing, and even The Evil Dead (the first one and the remake, not the sequels). It's also got a strong Lovecraftian influence. At some moments surreal, but most of the time, pretty fucking shocking and horrific. And a great use of practical effects, too, particularly with the monsters. It's got a strong sense of dread as well as seriously strong gore content. It also has a really good plot, too. Overall, I really enjoyed it. To horror fans, it's definitely one to keep an eye out for.
    I'm glad you enjoyed Get Out. I'm not familiar with The Void, but I'm going to look it up now.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I recently saw Independence Day: Resurgence, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, and Fences.

IDR was pretty much what you'd expect; a fine, fun popcorn movie, like the original.
    I didn't get any of that. It wasn't fun and it certainly wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the original. The original had cool characters that you cared about. This film had annoying, paper thin characters. The action wasn't even that good. The film doesn't come close to capturing the excitement of the original, for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm glad you enjoyed Get Out. I'm not familiar with The Void, but I'm going to look it up now.
    I'm not surprised - I literally only heard about it just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it's not getting a wide release, big screen wise. The Void is getting a limited screening at a local cinema that I go to, which specializes in showing classic or cult movies, then I think it's going to get a release on VOD. I'm glad I stumbled across it, I must say. It's so old-school and truly shocking, but so beautiful to watch at the same time. I seem to have made the right choice in coming to Canada - some of my favourite movies in terms of cult or just pure violence like The Void and TurboKid (though bear in mind, they are very different movies) were both clearly made in Canada.

It's a shame (but not unsurprising) to hear that Ghost in the Shell is so blah. I adore the animated movies and Stand Alone Complex (the former for the deep philosophy, the latter for the complex political intrigue, and both for just being so damn fucking cool!), and it's a real shame to hear the new live action film is generic, which nothing I've watched of Ghost in the Shell has ever been before.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I posted a trailer for The Void in the trailers thread a while back

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see the Discovery yet? Any good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Stay away from Ghost in a Shell. It's not even bad. It's just... blah. Which to me is even worse.
    Hmm I enjoyed it well enough. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but I thought it was pretty good eye candy if nothing else. Definitely not a "rush out and see it" kind of movie, but I thought it was worth the watch. Then again I have a soft spot for anything Ghost in the Shell related, probably one of my favorite anime of all time.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The original had cool characters that you cared about.
    Did it, though? I didn't particularly care about any of them. Then again, it's a disaster film, a sub-genre that puts its stock in effects and destruction rather than characters.

Maybe the age when you saw it plays a part in that? I only saw ID this past summer and didn't think the characters were anything special. Kind of a case of "big names playing thin characters, but you want to see them succeed because they're recognizable actors."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I posted a trailer for The Void in the trailers thread a while back
    I will have to go back and look for it. Maybe it will jog my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The original had cool characters that you cared about.
    Did it, though? I didn't particularly care about any of them. Then again, it's a disaster film, a sub-genre that puts its stock in effects and destruction rather than characters.

Maybe the age when you saw it plays a part in that? I only saw ID this past summer and didn't think the characters were anything special. Kind of a case of "big names playing thin characters, but you want to see them succeed because they're recognizable actors."
    Yes, I would say that would have something to do with it, but Will Smith was cool and Jeff Goldblum's character was awesome too. I also like Harry Connick Junior's character.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...a disaster film, a sub-genre that puts its stock in effects and destruction rather than characters.
    This is definitely a type of movie that appeals to me; I was pleased to be able to sum up (and recommend) the movie 2012 with the simple phrase "orgy of destruction" (not to be missed, if you enjoy this sort of thing).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, sometimes that's what you're in the mood for. Sometimes I want to watch a heavy drama, and sometimes I just want to watch things get blown up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Train to BUSAN... what a great zombie flic. Loved it and on Netflix now. South Korean made and really well done. Loved it.. 8/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Masterminds last night. I remember the trailers looking funny, then the studio went bankrupt and the movie got shelved. Luckily I got it at Redbox ($0.34!) so it's not like I wasted $10 at the theater. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't really enjoyable. One of those movies where you keep checking the time every few minutes, hoping it's almost over. The plot was a little unfocused and underdeveloped, and it was definitely was short on laughs (though the acting was decent). Kind of a shame considering the amount of talent involved.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Masterminds last night. I remember the trailers looking funny, then the studio went bankrupt and the movie got shelved. Luckily I got it at Redbox ($0.34!) so it's not like I wasted $10 at the theater. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't really enjoyable. One of those movies where you keep checking the time every few minutes, hoping it's almost over. The plot was a little unfocused and underdeveloped, and it was definitely was short on laughs (though the acting was decent). Kind of a shame considering the amount of talent involved.
    Yeah, that about sums it up. One of my biggest problems with the film is that Wigg and Galifianakis didn't have enough scenes together.

My Mood
    Confused

Autopsy of Jane Doe
    It was very interesting and thrilling the way things unraveled as the autopsy progressed throughout the movie. The characters did a great job, the movie was very interesting and entertaining. I'm fine with the way it unraveled, I liked that story line. However, I was intrigued to see how it would have unraveled in a different more realistic way. As in, how she died without the way the movie told the story. How she died if her body was found "today." I'm not trying to give the story line away.
    spoiler

I really loved the movie. I thought it was a great. I am guessing it is a drama, mystery, horror type. 8.5/10, and I would watch it again.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Train to Busan: 5/5

DAMN good movie. All the hype I've heard about it lives up. Enjoyed it immensely.

Spoiler:
    And honestly, I don't think there's ever been a zombie/horror movie to turn me into a tear puddle like this one did when the dad was forced to leave his daughter. Fuck.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

DAMN good movie. All the hype I've heard about it lives up. Enjoyed it immensely.

Spoiler:
    And honestly, I don't think there's ever been a zombie/horror movie to turn me into a tear puddle like this one did when the dad was forced to leave his daughter. Fuck.
    Agreee Shannon... prob one of my all time fav Zombie movies. My number one is World War Z (JUST LOVED that movie) but this is a close second!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Spoiler:
    Agreee Shannon... prob one of my all time fav Zombie movies. My number one is World War Z (JUST LOVED that movie) but this is a close second!
    I loved Train to Busan. It's a shame films like that just can't make it to theaters.

World War Z was passable, but could have been better if it resembled the book more closely.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Imagine how bad WWZ would have been if they didn't reshoot the entire third act. Ouch.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked WWZ a lot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You wouldn't have if they didn't change the entire second half of the movie lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 441 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast