Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 441 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you've been on these forums for any period of time...
    I have been, obviously

and or you've watched movies for the last 5-7 years...,
    I've watched my share of movies in the last 5-7 years.

you should know who Armond White is.
    Why, b/c you know who he is?

But, actually, your post contained a lot of information. I realize the original post I quoted wan't designed to piss anyone off, but you at least mentioned the words "Armond White" and "troll disguised as a movie critic" and that he "constantly gives bad reviews to well reviewed films just to cause a stir..."

...which is actually helpful and doesn't send me clicking through other websites just to be able to see what the hell someone is talking about. Generally, I don't bother. But I just watched this movie two nights ago and wouldn't mind a good discussion on it. But like 5-6 posts in a row were blah blah blah about god knows what. Certainly not about the movie itself. About what some other dude said somewhere else that nobody bothered to summarize.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I honestly had no idea who he was either, but I also never read movie reviews.

So does he just give out negative reviews for everything? How did he get hired as a film critic, especially based on those films he loves
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I've never heard of him either.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what Blanched Almonds are. That's a french joke!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah, Armond White. That fucking prick.

Actually, no, I don't know who he is, either.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    If you've been on these forums for any period of time...
    I have been, obviously

and or you've watched movies for the last 5-7 years...,
    I've watched my share of movies in the last 5-7 years.

you should know who Armond White is.
    Why, b/c you know who he is?

But, actually, your post contained a lot of information. I realize the original post I quoted wan't designed to piss anyone off, but you at least mentioned the words "Armond White" and "troll disguised as a movie critic" and that he "constantly gives bad reviews to well reviewed films just to cause a stir..."

...which is actually helpful and doesn't send me clicking through other websites just to be able to see what the hell someone is talking about. Generally, I don't bother. But I just watched this movie two nights ago and wouldn't mind a good discussion on it. But like 5-6 posts in a row were blah blah blah about god knows what. Certainly not about the movie itself. About what some other dude said somewhere else that nobody bothered to summarize.
    Well, I didn't realize Feev and I are the only people on the planet who know who Armond White is. Like I said, I apologize for assuming. I still don't think Fernando's post was meant to frustrate or piss you off though.

As far as a discussion on the film, I'd love to talk about the film, but it's kind of hard without spoiling things. One of the things I appreciated the most about the film
    Spoiler:
    was the use of cotton to get the main character out of a life threatening situation. Cotton is something that enslaved African-Americans, here it is freeing one. That's some good shit.

Well, I think I came away from this whole exchange the most worse for the wear. Coming to the realization that for several years I posted reviews here from a name that was literally called ArmondWhiteSucks and not one person seemed to read those reviews hurts a tad, not gonna lie.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Logan: 3.5/5

Enjoyable, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Well, I think I came away from this whole exchange the most worse for the wear. Coming to the realization that for several years I posted reviews here from a name that was literally called ArmondWhiteSucks and not one person seemed to read those reviews hurts a tad, not gonna lie.
    Well, let me help you out a bit. If you've posted reviews in this thread, I have read them. In fact, at least HALF of the movies I've seen (or at least added to my admittedly massive Netflix queue) are due to recommendations or reviews posted in this thread (or the horror movie thread). There are a number of movies I know I would never had watched had it not been from the other fine folks here discussing them. Having said that, if you've been linking to reviews posted elsewhere, then, yeah, I probably missed them. I don't go chasing links. And if you've got something in your signature, I'll never see it b/c I have sigs turned off.

Regarding your spoiler on Get Out. That's a very clever interpretation, and I like it. Never would have occurred to me, but it fits perfectly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Logan: 3.5/5

Enjoyable, but it didn't live up to my expectations.
    I agree with the score. It was a bit more "real" in that actual cussing and bloody violence was depicted, thus garnering the "R" rating.
    Spoiler:
    Clearly the future is set for a new generation of mutants. I also see Logan somehow rising from his rock covered grave. Nice touch turning the burial cross on it's side to represent an "X".

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, let me help you out a bit. If you've posted reviews in this thread, I have read them. In fact, at least HALF of the movies I've seen (or at least added to my admittedly massive Netflix queue) are due to recommendations or reviews posted in this thread (or the horror movie thread). There are a number of movies I know I would never had watched had it not been from the other fine folks here discussing them. Having said that, if you've been linking to reviews posted elsewhere, then, yeah, I probably missed them. I don't go chasing links. And if you've got something in your signature, I'll never see it b/c I have sigs turned off.

Regarding your spoiler on Get Out. That's a very clever interpretation, and I like it. Never would have occurred to me, but it fits perfectly.
    I link to my own site where I keep all my reviews now. I suppose I could copy and paste them in the thread. I stopped linking to Rotten Tomatoes years ago because they merged with Flixster, which completely messed up my login information.

This led me to just create my own site where I could have total control.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is the most surprisingly funny film of 2016. It's such an endearing film with tons of heart. I really hope people catch this one on streaming devices. Sam Neill gives his best performance since Jurassic Park, another film where he wasn't too keen on kids. At its core, Wilderpeople is about isolation, loneliness and finding your place in the world. A great little hidden gem.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

For RF, re: Logan

Spoiler:
    Yes, the "X" at the end was a fantastic touch. "X-Man, Forever"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't posted a legit review in a really long time, but I feel compelled to post one for Logan. I enjoyed it /that/ much.

Soon, hopefully.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I haven't posted a legit review in a really long time, but I feel compelled to post one for Logan. I enjoyed it /that/ much.

Soon, hopefully.
    I'd like to read that. I only have time to write mini reviews now. It's a good way for me to remember my thoughts on a particular film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just seen Kong. Really expected more. A lot of cheese to be honest.... could have been better. HOWEVER, Kong and all special effects were really really well done. Great action too. 6.5/10... no cheese would have added 1.5/10...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it more than you did. It's not great, but I was entertained throughout. It's cheesy for sure, but that's to be expected with a summer blockbuster (essentially what it is) monster movie.

Many of the jokes fell flat and I thought Tom Hiddleston's character was a little thin. Like with Godzilla, the other problem was that Kong disappears in the middle. When he's on screen though, he's a badass.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it more than you did. It's not great, but I was entertained throughout. It's cheesy for sure, but that's to be expected with a summer blockbuster (essentially what it is) monster movie.

Many of the jokes fell flat and I thought Tom Hiddleston's character was a little thin. The other problem was, like with Godzilla, was that Kong disappears in the middle. When he's on screen though, he's a badass.
    Yeah he is bad ass for sure. My favourite part is when they first get there with the sun setting in the back ground. It was something to see in IMAX 3d!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I also really enjoyed it. I feel like the "cheese" was perfect for it though. Afterall it is a movie about a giant gorilla. In fact I actually like that it took itself slightly less seriously than Godzilla did (and I enjoyed that movie too). It also gave us a bit more of the giant monster fights than Godzilla did, which I think is what everyone wanted. At the end of the day it's not a masterpiece, but it's pretty much what I expected and it's certainly better than most of the big "summer" blockbusters we get these days.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched "Passengers". I want my money back!!!! lol

I think I will go see "Skull Island" tomorrow before the tournament begins. Then it's "PJ's", pizza and "wild wings" for four days!!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Signs, by M.Night Shyamalan

one of those films for which the whole suspension of disbelief concept was invented

it is so absurdly good, so incredibly delightful to watch, that I blissfully suspended all attempts at whatever disbelief (God knows, not a small amount of) could be provoked by many an inane plothole.

loved it immensely: acting, story, impeccable directing, everything!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you liked it, Jean.

Most of the people who didn't like Signs thought the movie was about aliens. And then proceeded to nitpick what the aliens did, or didn't do, or should have done. The movie does indeed have aliens; but it is not about aliens. What it's about goes much *much* deeper than that.

It's a very good movie.
    The aliens are a McGuffin. It didn't have to be aliens that attacked the family and forced them to come to terms with certain truths. It could have been a tornado that wiped out the farm, a pandemic virus, a beseigement by Islamists--whatever.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally went to see Get Out last night. What a great film. Highly recommend it. I don't want to say anything more about it though.

It was funny though because I don't think I've ever seen so much audience interaction with a movie before. The theater was pretty much all full, granted it's cheap night at that theater but I've gone many times on Wed and it's never been that full. The audience was so into it. It was like how horror film audiences are portrayed in the movies. Everyone was screaming at the screen, clapping and cheering. The girl next to us was literally jumping up and down in her seat. It was a little overboard to say the least, but definitely a fun film to see in theaters.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Signs, by M.Night Shyamalan

one of those films for which the whole suspension of disbelief concept was invented

it is so absurdly good, so incredibly delightful to watch, that I blissfully suspended all attempts at whatever disbelief (God knows, not a small amount of) could be provoked by many an inane plothole.

loved it immensely: acting, story, impeccable directing, everything!

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I don't care.. Signs was awesome and I LOVED IT! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 441 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 ... LastLast