Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 441 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    La La Land.... I'm 25 mins in and this is brutal. I'm sorry I cannot understand all the love this is getting. I will keep watching but we will see if it gets better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not my type of movie at all either. So don't feel bad!
    No it's not. I've read enough posts from both of you to know your tastes to a certain degree and I would say La La Land is not your type of film.
    Yeah had to shut it off. You guys are right. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll watch it again for ya webs
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just took my daughters and wife to see Hidden Figures. What a great movie. Perfect in every way. A bit smaltzy at times, like a movie of the week, but such a great message movie. Really proud to take my daughters to it. This deserves all the accolades it's been getting, and then some. The audience clapped out loud twice. It's been a long time since that's happened in a movie. 9/10.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just took my daughters and wife to see Hidden Figures. What a great movie. Perfect in every way. A bit smaltzy at times, like a movie of the week, but such a great message movie. Really proud to take my daughters to it. This deserves all the accolades it's been getting, and then some. The audience clapped out loud twice. It's been a long time since that's happened in a movie. 9/10.
    Totally agree. It's a shame we have to learn about stories like this in our movies theaters instead of our classrooms.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The Founder. About McDonald's. Not sure what the real truth is behind the story about this mega fast food chain, but if truly accurate, Keaton's character (Ray Kroc) wasn't that "nice" of a guy. If you like this type of movie, then you might like it. Overall I did enjoy it. Personally I like these type of movies. Where you hear about a small business that goes worldwide. You would think The Founder would be a feel good story about two brothers making billions.......you should see it to understand what happens to the McDonald brothers. Plus I love Keaton. 7/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Founder. About McDonald's. Not sure what the real truth is behind the story about this mega fast food chain, but if truly accurate, Keaton's character (Ray Kroc) wasn't that "nice" of a guy. If you like this type of movie, then you might like it. Overall I did enjoy it. Personally I like these type of movies. Where you hear about a small business that goes worldwide. You would think The Founder would be a feel good story about two brothers making billions.......you should see it to understand what happens to the McDonald brothers. Plus I love Keaton. 7/10
    I work for The Salvation Army and Ray Kroc is kind of a big deal to them because of the creation of The Salvation Army Kroc centers.

From what I understand, the film is pretty accurate.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I work for The Salvation Army and Ray Kroc is kind of a big deal to them because of the creation of The Salvation Army Kroc centers.

From what I understand, the film is pretty accurate.
    He was a major workhorse. He saw their vision and wanted everything uniform and always tried hard to make money and get bigger. Think bigger. Towards the end of the film is where you start to learn who the real Ray Kroc was. I know his wife gave I believe most of, if not all of, their estate to many charities. But.....it is how he got to where he was at that is, to me, unethical.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching this now... really enjoying it!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Let us know how you feel about Ray Kroc. I got my dad to watch it and he enjoyed it as well. I'm watching Walking Dead

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A Monster Calls (4/4)

Country
    Country Flag

Let us know how you feel about Ray Kroc. I got my dad to watch it and he enjoyed it as well. I'm watching Walking Dead
    He was a business man. I think he played a little unfair but I don't think anyone who gets to that stature doesn't play a little dirty to do so.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A Monster Calls (4/4)
    I was surprised with this movie. I liked it as well and though it was a kid's type movie.....it was more geared towards adults and growing up fast.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You guys I watched Split today. I enjoyed it but was maybe hoping for a bit more? James was excellent in it. I just wish two 13ish year old girls didn't sit right down behind us and proceed to giggle through the whole movie. I also like that
    Spoiler:
    there wasn't really a twist to the film. That was refreshing. And now I really do need to go back and watch Unbreakable. I remember really enjoying it but it's been so long I don't remember much else.
    My favorite shot in the entire movie is when

Spoiler:
    he returns to the warehouse as the Beast and you see a shot of him from the mouth down and he utters "...Thank you, for guiding us this far." Such a creepy ass scene, I loved it!

Country
    Country Flag

Casey Affleck is one fine actor. Manchester by the Sea was a good film. He made it good for me as it was a little slow. 7/10 for me

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Casey Affleck is one fine actor. Manchester by the Sea was a good film. He made it good for me as it was a little slow. 7/10 for me

I did enjoy it, but a bit too slow for me.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from an advance screening of Fist Fight. MUCH better than I had expected. I expected a 3/5 average rating, but I ended up giving it a 4/5. Funny throughout and then ramps up near the end. One scene had me laughing in tears. Very well done.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

John Wick 2

A solid entry into the ever expanding John Wick universe. Visceral action, slick as hell cinematography, and a relentless hitman. What more could you want?

7.5/10

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    John Wick 2

A solid entry into the ever expanding John Wick universe. Visceral action, slick as hell cinematography, and a relentless hitman. What more could you want?

7.5/10
    What more do I want? At least 3 more of these.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

John Wick Chapter 2 (slight spoilers)

I liked John Wick 2 more than the original. As much as the nightclub sequence in the original stole that show, I thought the sequence with the 7M contract was even better. The opening sequence was awesome. The way he's brought back in and all the ramifications of it through to the end of the film really made the film for me. I liked the story in the sequel much more. I can see Chad Stahelski took some inspiration from Mad Max: Fury Road and didn't let exposition tell his story, allowing the visual and the action tell the story. We get such a sense about the relationship Wick had with the D'Antonio's, Winston, Ares, Cassian, and basically everyone else simply from the way they regard each other. And because certain things were explained in the first movie, I love that they didn't take the time to reiterate anything except the main rule of the Continental...like how we at times just see the clean up crew appear casually and drag bodies away. The humour was spot on. The action was amped up without losing what made the action so great in the first film. There is nothing worse than when a sequel either just straight up tells the same story, or the sequel just feels like a movie from a different franchise, and Wick felt like a literal direct continuation of the first one in all regards. Just simply awesome. I like that for the third (and final?) entry into the franchise, the stakes were clearly marked as amped up narratively, with an awesome, awesome ending, which makes me excited not just to see more amped up action, but I'm actually extremely invested in the narrative itself, which took the foundation of the first movie and just made it better than I was expecting...I was expecting more emphasis on action, and there was, but they also managed to tell a more in-depth, engaging, and brilliantly structured narrative.

5/5

Country
    Country Flag

John Wick 2

7.5/10
    What more do I want? At least 3 more of these.
    There is STRONG talk of a a pay TV prequel.. would love Reeves to be on board and HBO or Netflix get this... FINGERS crossed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    John Wick Chapter 2 (slight spoilers)

I liked John Wick 2 more than the original. As much as the nightclub sequence in the original stole that show, I thought the sequence with the 7M contract was even better. The opening sequence was awesome. The way he's brought back in and all the ramifications of it through to the end of the film really made the film for me. I liked the story in the sequel much more. I can see Chad Stahelski took some inspiration from Mad Max: Fury Road and didn't let exposition tell his story, allowing the visual and the action tell the story. We get such a sense about the relationship Wick had with the D'Antonio's, Winston, Ares, Cassian, and basically everyone else simply from the way they regard each other. And because certain things were explained in the first movie, I love that they didn't take the time to reiterate anything except the main rule of the Continental...like how we at times just see the clean up crew appear casually and drag bodies away. The humour was spot on. The action was amped up without losing what made the action so great in the first film. There is nothing worse than when a sequel either just straight up tells the same story, or the sequel just feels like a movie from a different franchise, and Wick felt like a literal direct continuation of the first one in all regards. Just simply awesome. I like that for the third (and final?) entry into the franchise, the stakes were clearly marked as amped up narratively, with an awesome, awesome ending, which makes me excited not just to see more amped up action, but I'm actually extremely invested in the narrative itself, which took the foundation of the first movie and just made it better than I was expecting...I was expecting more emphasis on action, and there was, but they also managed to tell a more in-depth, engaging, and brilliantly structured narrative.

5/5
    10000000000000000000% agree with you on ALL points. Wick was always envisioned as a trilogy so we know there is a 3rd coming. I would imagine in 2019 if I had to guess. I will say it again. This is in my top 5 action movies sitting with T2, Temple of Doom, Dark Knight, Matrix.... I have not loved an action movie this much SINCE the Dark Knight in 08. Seeing it again tonight.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that for the third (and final?) entry into the franchise
    Fuck that! I want more than 3. The action genre is shit right now, if somebody is doing it right, I say we keep making them.

I'm actually extremely invested in the narrative itself, which took the foundation of the first movie and just made it better than I was expecting...I was expecting more emphasis on action, and there was, but they also managed to tell a more in-depth, engaging, and brilliantly structured narrative.
    Yeah, this is a similar approach that The Raid took with their second film. It expanded the story and the universe, but at the same time, amped up the action even more. Everybody should check out The Raid films.

With all that crazy action, my favorite scene might have been the scene in the
    Spoiler:
    subway when Keanu is on the lower level and Common is up top and they are taking real sly pot shots at each other while everybody is walking around unknowingly.
    Such a cool scene.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that part was awesome. That entire sequence was fantastic. Also loved how their first fight 'ended'.

I really had trouble getting into The Raid. I think I shut it off about 30 mins in, but I was drinking pretty heavy with a friend. It just wasn't doing it for us that night.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    subway when Keanu is on the lower level and Common is up top and they are taking real sly pot shots at each other while everybody is walking around unknowingly.
    Such a cool scene.
    Lol. That scene was bad ass.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Such a cool scene.
    Lol. That scene was bad ass.
    IT was so good.. because it was never done before.. like a lot of what you seen in the movie.. which, to me, made it sooooo damm special!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 273 of 441 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 373 ... LastLast