Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 441 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Split

Spell binding performance by McAvoy. The last third of the film had some moments where the intensity was turned up to almost unbearable levels. Awesome cinematic experience.

I don't know if Shyamalan is "back", but this is certainly a sizable step in the right direction.

8.5/10
    He's 2 for his last 2 if you ask me. I say he's back.
    I agree. LOVED the Visit. And am going to see this Friday.. and staying right there at the theater to catch John Wick 2. I LOVED the first one. I think "gun-fu" is F(*&^*%'IN awesome and cannot wait to see it amped up. Early reviews are AMAZING so far too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think "gun-fu" is F(*&^*%'IN awesome...
    Have you ever seen Hard-Boiled? I'm assuming the answer is "yes" but I wanted to make sure.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Have you ever seen Hard-Boiled? I'm assuming the answer is "yes" but I wanted to make sure.
    yepper
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Split

Spell binding performance by McAvoy. The last third of the film had some moments where the intensity was turned up to almost unbearable levels. Awesome cinematic experience.

I don't know if Shyamalan is "back", but this is certainly a sizable step in the right direction.

8.5/10
    He's 2 for his last 2 if you ask me. I say he's back.
    Honestly I had completely forgotten about that movie. IMDB clocks it at 6.2. Is it worth seeking out?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really want to see Split. However I did not care for The Visit at all. For those that have seen both, will I like this one?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They're really nothing at all alike.

I think you would like Split.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ok, good to hear. The previews for The Visit were very misleading. Although had they been more accurate I still don't think I would have cared for it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch it, Heather. I know you'll like it. As hard as it may be given M. Night's pedigree, don't go in with any preconceived notions. You're going to see a lot of labels bandied about; horror, psychological thriller, psychological horror etc., ("etc"., lol Mike), but none of them truly encapsulate it. Clean your palate, as it were.

Just focus on enjoying it first and foremost as a movie going experience. Everything else will fall into place.

Thanks Feev. I trust your judgement. M. Night can be so hit or miss. I enjoyed most of his early ones but after Lady in the Water they all sucked This one has definitely intrigued me though. I'm just hoping I can get out to see it soon before anything gets spoiled for me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Lady in the Water.

Country
    Country Flag

The only M Night movie I hated... Last Airbender. Unbreakable is one of my all time favorite movies... I would say EASY top 10. Wish he would get off his hole and do a sequel to it! I also thing Signs was one of the best takes on Aliens ever. I really hope he is back to stay as he is a director that has ideas. Some just didn't work as well as others.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only seen three movies by M. Night S. - The Sixth Sense, The Village and The Visit - and I loved all of them (in ascending order, though)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signs is probably my favorite by him. Jean, I'd recommend checking out that one.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you know that if you recommend - bears will watch asap!

(couldn't find When Animals Dream with English subtitles... ***sad bear***)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Most of the people who didn't like Signs thought the movie was about aliens. And then proceeded to nitpick what the aliens did, or didn't do, or should have done. The movie does indeed have aliens; but it is not about aliens. What it's about goes much much deeper than that.

It's a very good movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Signs is indeed very good.

Unbreakable might be my favorite M. Night though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    you know that if you recommend - bears will watch asap!

(couldn't find When Animals Dream with English subtitles... ***sad bear***)
    I watched it on netflix so I'm no help. Hope you'll be able to find a copy at some point.

I've been wanting to watch Unbreakable and Lady in the Water again. I enjoyed both but it's been so long since I've last seen them.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

For me is his best is still The Sixth Sense.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Signs is indeed very good.

Unbreakable might be my favorite M. Night though.
    100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

That was a crazy action packed movie!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly I had completely forgotten about that movie. IMDB clocks it at 6.2. Is it worth seeking out?
    I think it is. I think 6.2 is a bit harsh. It's not great, but I don't think it's a terrible film either. I don't really like found footage films either.

Hard Boiled is great, but I prefer The Killer.

Watch it, Heather. I know you'll like it. As hard as it may be given M. Night's pedigree, don't go in with any preconceived notions. You're going to see a lot of labels bandied about; horror, psychological thriller, psychological horror etc., ("etc"., lol Mike), but none of them truly encapsulate it. Clean your palate, as it were.

Just focus on enjoying it first and foremost as a movie going experience. Everything else will fall into place.
    I agree. I think you'll enjoy it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quick Flicks Movie Round-Up featuring mini reviews for La La Land, Moonlight, Hidden Figures, Swiss Army Man, and much more!

http://popculturedmoviemi.wixsite.co...e/quick-flicks
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice write-ups, Mike. I kept waiting for The Founder, but I don't even think it came to my theater(s).

In terms of Oscar nominees, I have zero interest in seeing Moonlight. I do want to see La La Land and Hidden Figures, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Zero interest in the best film of the year? You crazy lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 441 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast