Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 441 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally got to see La La Land. I thought it was a great film (I especially loved all the nods to Rebel Without a Cause in it). And I can't remember if I've seen this mentioned here yet or elsewhere, but I am surprised by all the extreme love for it. And while it's a great movie, it definitely is not one of the best of all time. Unfortunately I haven't seen most of the films that are up for awards this year to see how it ranks among those. I'm really dying to see Manchester By the Sea. Hopefully that one doesn't disappoint.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In theater waiting for Elle to start. It finally came to a theater that is only 25 miles away.
    Weird but there are 25 people here and I'm the youngest.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to digest this movie a bit before posting my mini review.
    The word insidious comes to mind.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Finally got to see La La Land. I thought it was a great film (I especially loved all the nods to Rebel Without a Cause in it). And I can't remember if I've seen this mentioned here yet or elsewhere, but I am surprised by all the extreme love for it. And while it's a great movie, it definitely is not one of the best of all time. Unfortunately I haven't seen most of the films that are up for awards this year to see how it ranks among those. I'm really dying to see Manchester By the Sea. Hopefully that one doesn't disappoint.
    I loved La La Land. It's one of those movies that will be easy to watch a bunch of times. That said, Moonlight is still the best movie of the year.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to see La La Land. I thought it was a great film (I especially loved all the nods to Rebel Without a Cause in it).
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought of you when they started referencing Rebel.

And I can't remember if I've seen this mentioned here yet or elsewhere, but I am surprised by all the extreme love for it. And while it's a great movie, it definitely is not one of the best of all time. Unfortunately I haven't seen most of the films that are up for awards this year to see how it ranks among those.
    I've heard a few people mention that, but I don't know where it came from. I haven't heard anybody say it's one of the best films of all-time. Sure, it's being considered as one of the best films of the year, and it's certainly deserving of that.

I'm really dying to see Manchester By the Sea. Hopefully that one doesn't disappoint.
    La La Land was really good, it's in my top 5 of the year, but I still have Manchester by the Sea ahead of it. Be warned, it's not exactly an uplifting film.

I hope to see Moonlight before Oscar night. People keep saying it's kind of like Boyhood, which kind of turns me off. While I enjoyed Boyhood, I think it's overrated. It relies too much on the gimmick.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm very happy for the folks that love Boyhood and got so much out of it but I feel like it's one of the most overrated movies ever.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Moonlight is only like Boyhood in the sense that we see a character grow up. However, we see him at say ten, seventeen and twenty something, and what happens in between is generally not really brought up. It's not much different than most movies which feature a chunk as a character or characters as kids, and then more when they are grown up. Both films offer much different experiences. I love Boyhood, but Moonlight is a better film, but Boyhood offers an experience which is more fluid, almost stream of consciousness, and not like a mini trilogy as Moonlight is structured.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, I know this film maybe "old" to a degree but I've only just found it... moon... bloody great film with a great mind fuck for good measure...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    OK, I know this film maybe "old" to a degree but I've only just found it... moon... bloody great film with a great mind fuck for good measure...
    Moon is fantastic. One of my favorite films of the last 15 years. Actually, Jones is making a sequel of sorts. It will appear on Netflix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464763/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

I watched Swiss Army Man yesterday. The film was:

1) Odd
    2) Gross
    3) Surprisingly heartfelt
    4) One of the best films of the year
    5) All of the above.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

La La Land was absolutely wonderful. Beautiful cinematography, some fantastically creative shots, well used musical numbers, good choreography, but the real strength of the movie is the work of Stone and Gosling and the chemistry they have together. The final scenes of the movie were both beautiful and heartbreaking. The parts that were supposed to be funny were funny. Even parts that weren't meant to be funny were funny, such as me commenting to my friend during the final act
    Spoiler:
    Emma Stone went to Paris to film a movie and doesn't know she came back with the American Werewolf In Paris!

5/5

Nestles firmly into the number 2 spot for my 2016 films behind Moonlight.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Moonlight was great. What a well acted movie. Seen it last night... and really enjoyed it. 8.5/10

My fav film of last year was either Rogue one or Arrival though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    La La Land was absolutely wonderful. Beautiful cinematography, some fantastically creative shots, well used musical numbers, good choreography, but the real strength of the movie is the work of Stone and Gosling and the chemistry they have together. The final scenes of the movie were both beautiful and heartbreaking. The parts that were supposed to be funny were funny. Even parts that weren't meant to be funny were funny, such as me commenting to my friend during the final act
    Spoiler:
    Emma Stone went to Paris to film a movie and doesn't know she came back with the American Werewolf In Paris!

5/5

Nestles firmly into the number 2 spot for my 2016 films behind Moonlight.
    Agree. La La Land really is a well made film. It kind of saddens me that the "Titanic effect" is already happening.

Titanic Effect: When a film is well received by fans initially, then as time passes, everybody says they hate it and it's a terrible film.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think it might be FML, Mike. Everyone on there seems to love it and they're all seeing it multiple times. Add in the fact that it won a ton of Golden Globes, and I think broke a record for it, right? Yes, it's a good movie, but to me that almost equates to being a best of all-time film, which it definitely is not. But maybe that's just my interpretation of all the hype. I'm not even sure I'll rewatch it again.

Here's my favorites from this past year:
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    The Nice Guys
    The Lobster
    Don't Breath
    La La Land
    The Girl on the Train
    The VVitch
    Hell or High Water

There's still a few I need to see though.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorites from the year (not necessarily released this year, or in any particular order):

1. The Hateful Eight
    2. 10 Cloverfield Lane
    3. Hush
    4. The Witch
    5. Don't Breathe
    6. The Final Girls
    7. Sully
    8. Sinister 2
    9. The Girl on the Train
    10. The Space Between Us
    11. The Conjuring 2
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Add in the fact that it won a ton of Golden Globes, and I think it broke a record for it, right? Yes, it's a good movie, but to me that almost equates to being a best of all-time film, which it definitely is not. But maybe that's just my interpretation of all the hype. I'm not even sure I'll rewatch it again.
    That's misleading though. It won in the Comedy/Musical category, which typically has pretty average movies that are nominated every year. It just so happened that there was an actual musical this year and it was actually good. The other thing is that the Golden Globes are the least prestigious of all the awards shows this time of year.

Now, if La La Land goes on to set records on Oscar night, then you have a better case.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about to watch Moonlight again

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Split" today.
    M. Night Shyamalan has returned!
    Brilliant performance by James Mcavoy playing the part of (up to) 23 different people, one of which kidnaps 3 teenage girls. Tons of subtle clues along the way, and some very seat gripping moments. Gets a little wiggly in the third reel, but is thoroughly entertaining.
    4/5 beers on the RFSRS.

Spoiler:
    Kudos to the Shaymalan and the studio people for having an unaccredited part. If you knew the actor/actress at the beginning it would have been too easy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed "Split" today.
    M. Night Shyamalan has returned!
    Brilliant performance by James Mcavoy playing the part of (up to) 23 different people, one of which kidnaps 3 teenage girls. Tons of subtle clues along the way, and some very seat gripping moments. Gets a little wiggly in the third reel, but is thoroughly entertaining.
    4/5 beers on the RFSRS.
    Agree. I loved it.

In my review for 2015’s The Visit, I applauded M. Night Shyamalan for being on his way back to being a great filmmaker. After Signs and The Village, which is a lot better than people give it credit for, especially when you consider the pure filth that he made afterward (The Happening, Lady in the Water, The Last Airbender and After Earth), M. Night’s career completely went off the rails. With Split, he’s officially back as a great filmmaker. What I have coined the Shyamalanaissance is officially here.

Don’t be fooled by the trailers either, Hollywood has once again tried to make the film look more like a horror film than it really is. Also, it’s too bad this film came out so early in the year because James McAvoy gives an insanely good performance here. In order to truly appreciate Split, be sure to see M. Night’s previous (good) films.

Also,
    Spoiler:
    that moment when people in my theater think the end is a reference to The Sixth Sense. "Oh my god! He's alive! He was dead in that other movie." I love mainstream moviegoers.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Split doesn't look like horror to me. More suspense/thriller.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Split doesn't look like horror to me. More suspense/thriller.
    Indeed. This is an ongoing problem with many trailers today, especially when it comes to thrillers. Heather and I were talking about that recently.

Hollywood seems to want to devalue thrillers. They act like the genre doesn't exist anymore. Everything just gets lumped into the horror category. This worries me because there's bound to be people that hated Split because it wasn't the horror film they were looking for.

Split Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I read a great fan theory. The flowers that McAvoy laid at the train station before turning into the beast could represent his parents who died in the train crash that Dunn survives in Unbreakable. In a way, that means Mr. Glass created a superhero and a villain at the same time. Very cool.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

A Monster Calls: With L Neeson and S Weaver. You would figure a kids movie, but more geared for adults with the tragedy that is the story line. Well acted, great cinematography, and great story. Not what I expected as I truly enjoyed it and the dialogue. 7/10.

Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them: With E Redmayne, Ed did a great job, the special affects you would assume would be great and they were. Nice overall and fun to watch. More geared towards kids then I had hoped for but still nice to see a JK Rowling story come to life. I was hoping for more past story lines regarding the older characters from the Harry Potter series, but there wasn't anything like that there. I enjoyed it though. 6/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys seen The Invitation? It's streaming on Netflix. It's not a great film, but I found it engaging. It has a super slow build up, and it doesn't quite pay off in the end, but I appreciated the effort. The film has received attention for the fact that director Karyn Kasuma is considered an up-and-coming director.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yes, I watched it this summer. I enjoyed it. There was something intriguing about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a short discussion about it earlier in one of the movie threads, maybe even this one.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Ouija: Origin of Evil - I haven't seen the first Ouija movie because everyone said it was shit. I like the director for this one and gave it a chance at the discount theater. While it's nothing new, it is very well-acted (the little girl steals the show) and done with style.
    (3/4)

Office Christmas Party
    - Yikes! A big waste of talent here. There are some funny moments (Jason Bateman blowing an ice sculpture until his mouth fills with egg nog and Kate McKinnon farting, that should give you a sense of the level of humor) but with so much comedic talent, a lot more was expected. Another discount theater adventure for me. One trivial thing to mention is Jennifer Aniston's character is at one point seen with a copy of The Girl on the Train (a movie her Friends' costar Lisa Kudrow is in).
    (2/4)

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - Stephen King said don't watch it alone but that's precisely the best way to watch it (and at night as well). Loved the claustrophobic atmosphere and extraordinary overall creepiness. A must for horror fans!
    (3.5/4)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 441 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 ... LastLast