Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 441 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 366 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Checking out Arrival tomorrow morning Either Machester, La La Land, or Nocturnal Animals next Friday.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just did a re-watch of Suicide Squad... I found the re-watch almost unbearable. I enjoyed it much more in the theater.. perhaps because it was the theater and movies are just better on the big screen. I did however like the Joker more and more. I LOVE his laugh and think with a better director he could really shine!
    I found the first watch through unbearable. You are a better man then me to rough out a second watch
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just did a re-watch of Suicide Squad... I found the re-watch almost unbearable. I enjoyed it much more in the theater.. perhaps because it was the theater and movies are just better on the big screen. I did however like the Joker more and more. I LOVE his laugh and think with a better director he could really shine!
    This happens to me sometimes. I watch a movie and I enjoy it or am unsure how I feel, and the second watch allows me to look at it more objectively. Sometimes you're so busy taking it in the first watch it's really easy to miss a bunch of pros/cons.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Star Wars.... Rogue One was so well done. Totally enjoyed it. That last scene though.... still got goosebumps! Solid 9/10 for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from La La Land. Had never heard of it until I saw a preview Wednesday prior to my viewing of Nocturnal Animals. I haven't seen too many musicals, but the ones I have seen, I've really liked. Plus, I've always liked Emma Stone. There just something about her...

Anyway, I figured La La Land was a good candidate for a "take the wife with me" movie, which is a rare thing indeed. I really, really enjoyed it. 4 or 4.5 out of 5. My wife liked it also, though wished it had ended differently. I was satisfied with how it ended.
    Spoiler:
    Sometimes "bittersweet" is better than "Wow! Everything just worked out so perfectly!"

Although the movie is based on music as the main theme, it's not chock full of musical numbers. There are a couple of "big musical production" set pieces, but most of the "musical spectacle" is rather understated. It works very well, given the way the movie develops.

I'll definitely put this one on my DVD shelf once it gets released.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I can watch either Nocturnal Animals or Manchester by the Sea this weekend...

Which should I watch?
    I know it's probably too late, but I would have said Manchester.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Why Him"

Why me? There were perhaps 10 funny things in the entire movie, and every one of the scenes were in previews/TV ads.
    You know a comedy is likely to be a flop when before it's released, they pimp it and spoil what few funny parts there are.

1/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Schindler's List was funnier...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    "Why Him"

Why me? There were perhaps 10 funny things in the entire movie, and every one of the scenes were in previews/TV ads.
    You know a comedy is likely to be a flop when before it's released, they pimp it and spoil what few funny parts there are.

1/6 Beers on the RFSRS

This is Bryan Cranston reading your review and realizing he got your money anyways

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Schindler's List IS funny

I LOVED Nocturnal Animals. Can't say you should see it instead of Manchester By The Sea...I think I wanted to see Manchester more, but anytime I get to see Amy Adams, Gyllenhaal or Shannon on the big screen, I take it. I'm not as emotionally attached to Casey Affleck or Michelle Williams. I think Nocturnal Animals has a certain something something that benefits from the big screen and the loud speakers.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nocturnal Animals is one of the more visually beautiful films of the year for sure. I enjoyed Manchester more though. Affleck gives a career best performance.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Inferno was bad. Don't watch it. (1/4)

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Inferno was bad. Don't watch it. (1/4)
    It was really really bad
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Nocturnal Animals is one of the more visually beautiful films of the year for sure. I enjoyed Manchester more though. Affleck gives a career best performance.
    Nocturnal was awesome... ending left me wanting more though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You only ever watched it for the shower scene...

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched "shark in Venice" one of the funniest films ever... even when the shark bites off a limb that grows back in the next scene... great!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Fences" yesterday. Powerful performances by several actors-obviously Denzel Washington. Staying faithful to the play does result in several scenes that were much too long, and the movie tends to overuse baseball analogies.
    5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Comments on audience

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

We saw LION last night -- Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire) and Nicole Kidman. About a 4-5 year old boy who accidentally gets stuck on a train and goes 1500 km to Calcutta, hopelessly lost, can't even remember the place he came from. Eventually he's adopted by a family in Australia. 20-some years later, he uses Google Earth to try to find his family. A nice, feel-good movie with some moments of child-in-danger and some of Dev Patel's best acting. You don't find out what the title refers to until just before the credits start.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Amy Adams is my celebrity crush so I have to watch Nocturnal Animals anyway.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

She's mine, Fernie. Mine.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took the family to Rogue One last night. Loved it. Right up there with the best of the Star Wars movies.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "La La land" yesterday. I am not a fan of musicals, but wanted to see what seems to be a highly regarded movie.
    I almost walked out 1 hour into the movie. I appreciated the music and the dancing, but was bored stiff. Just after the 1 hour mark, the Jazz and the story grabbed me a bit. Very predictable movie as far as boy meets girl, dislike each other, fall in love, then break up, etc. Still it became enjoyable. The last ~5-10 minutes where not a word was spoken were a great whirlwind.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS (would have been zero had I walked out).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

She's smokin' in Animals. Completely opposite of Arrival where she wore almost no makeup.

Viewed "La La land" yesterday. I am not a fan of musicals, but wanted to see what seems to be a highly regarded movie.
    I almost walked out 1 hour into the movie. I appreciated the music and the dancing, but was bored stiff. Just after the 1 hour mark, the Jazz and the story grabbed me a bit. Very predictable movie as far as boy meets girl, dislike each other, fall in love, then break up, etc. Still it became enjoyable. The last ~5-10 minutes where not a word was spoken were a great whirlwind.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS (would have been zero had I walked out).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    She's smokin' in Animals. Completely opposite of Arrival where she wore almost no makeup.
    Amy Adams is very compelling.
    In Nocturnal Animals she looks like a hot woman at midnight (2am).
    In Arrival she looks like the same woman at 7am sans makeup and intoxication.

I think both versions are very beautiful.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Cafe Society. I've been a Woody Allen fan for as long as I can remember. Once again, I was not disappointed. Really enjoyed it. 8/10.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Manchester by the Sea -- powerful filmmaking. Solid A.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 266 of 441 FirstFirst ... 166 216 256 264 265 266 267 268 276 316 366 ... LastLast