Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 441 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 358 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took the kids to see Star Trek: Beyond. Loved it. I really enjoyed the banter this time around. Also watched Annabelle - not a bad horror flick.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Hell or Highwater yesterday. Fabulous movie. Truly depicts the desperation, depression, and quirkiness of west Texas. Stellar performances by many, with two waitresses in bit roles almost stealing the show. The ending was one of the best I've seen. Written and acted to perfection.
    I give it 6/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    I'm dying to see Hell or High Water. Taylor Sheridan is one of the hottest writers in Hollywood right now. He wrote Sicario, which I loved last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Watched The Lobster last night. What a weird quirky film, I absolutely loved it.
    This is another that is on my growing list. Just an odd film that I've heard nothing but great things about.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Hell or Highwater yesterday. Fabulous movie. Truly depicts the desperation, depression, and quirkiness of west Texas. Stellar performances by many, with two waitresses in bit roles almost stealing the show. The ending was one of the best I've seen. Written and acted to perfection.
    I give it 6/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    I was a little wary of watching this because let's face it - the tandem of Ben Foster and Chris Pine doesn't exactly inspire confidence - but everything I've read leads me to believe all aspects of this film came together seamlessly.
    Woah, woah! What is that supposed to mean? Ben Foster is one of the best characters actors working today? He was great in 3:10 to Yuma, solid in Lone Survivor, fantastic in The Messenger, and good in Alpha Dog. He was also really good in an underrated movie that many people haven't seen 11:14. As for Chris Pine, I feel he's a solid actor as well. He's been good in all of the Star Trek films, I thought he was great opposite Denzel in Unstoppable and I know you're going to roll your eyes, but he was the best part of Into the Woods. The scene where he sings the song "Agony" is hilarious.

I'm not sure where that's coming from.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Woah, woah! What is that supposed to mean? Ben Foster is one of the best characters actors working today? He was great in 3:10 to Yuma, solid in Lone Survivor, fantastic in The Messenger, and good in Alpha Dog. He was also really good in an underrated movie that many people haven't seen 11:14. As for Chris Pine, I feel he's a solid actor as well. He's been good in all of the Star Trek films, I thought he was great opposite Denzel in Unstoppable and I know you're going to roll your eyes, but he was the best part of Into the Woods. The scene where he sings the song "Agony" is hilarious.

Ehhhhh... I have mixed feelings about Ben Foster. He tries too hard. His performances don't come across as organic, they're very showy and contrived.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ehhhhh... I have mixed feelings about Ben Foster. He tries too hard. His performances don't come across as organic, they're very showy and contrived.
    I can kind of see that, but I can say the same about a bunch of other actors.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Ben Foster, like Chris Pine. I'll see the movie eventually.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben Foster is the best part of 30 Days of Night. He was good in Pandorum. Russell in Six Feet Under is a favourite from that show for me. The arch angel plotline was the best part of X3.

Ben Foster and James Badge Dale are two actors I want to see a lot more from.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Ben Foster is the best part of 30 Days of Night. He was good in Pandorum. Russell in Six Feet Under is a favourite from that show for me. The arch angel plotline was the best part of X3.

Great points. I didn't want to mention those because I know a lot of people hate those films. Honestly, I think Pandorum gets way too much hate. I think it's a solid Sci-fi film that might be a tad underrated.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually really liked Pandorum, but because of the story not Foster.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Great points. I didn't want to mention those because I know a lot of people hate those films. Honestly, I think Pandorum gets way too much hate. I think it's a solid Sci-fi film that might be a tad underrated.

I really enjoyed 30 Days of night, but the ending was disappointing. There was a sequel.....just bad.
    Pandorum, I did enjoy also. Don't hate eiither.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

8-The Agony And The Ecstasy-1965
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hated Pandorum.

On another note, just saw Don't Breathe. It was really good. The suspense and tension was great and never let up through the whole movie. It's not so much a horror film as it is a suspense-thriller, so don't go in expecting to be scared. Not a moment wasted in the hour-and-a-half runtime. Just when you think, "How are they going to get out of THIS now?" or "What can possibly happen next?" the film surprises you and goes in innovative directions you wouldn't expect.

My only negatives would be shallow character development (though there's just enough to get you invested in them), the number of times the characters get out out of a bad situation, and two aspects about the ending (which I can't say too much about without spoiling).

Overall, a really good, fun movie.

Also, it takes a lot to gross me out/make me cringe, but there's one scene in it that made me cringe, gasp, and put my hand to my mouth.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Halfway through Turbo Kid. This movie fucking rocks so far. And also, I'm in love with Apple.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

5/5. I dont think I've ever seen a more enjoyable movie. Just an inner feeling of joy throughout the entire movie. It all fit so perfectly together, the music, the b-level gore effects (which, admittedly, I normally loathe and DON'T find as appealing as most other cinephiles do), the mythology, the story, the characters, the weirdness. Loved it all. And like I said earlier, man oh man am I in love with Apple.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Apple is mine. Back off.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fine, fine. I'll take Skull Mask Guy then.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Isn't it amazing? One of my favourite films made from pure joy I've seen in recent years.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just did a re-watch of "No Country for Old Men"... dammmm what a great flim!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed War Dogs a few days back. Fascinating movie based on a true story. I give it 5/6 on the RFSRS. So intriguing that I bought the book the movie was based on. Such a great story that I read 100 pages yesterday afternoon.

Guy Lawson wrote the story for Rolling Stone magazine, and then expanded his research to write the book. Original title of the book was Arms And The Dudes.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Just did a re-watch of "No Country for Old Men"... dammmm what a great flim!

The book does explain a bit more, especially what Tommy Lee Jones is doing and why he is doing it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

watching Chef. God do I love this film... reminds me why I am a chef!!! Great film... 9/10

Also watched burnt a few weeks ago... great shows real passion and the insanity that chef's have... 9/10

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    watching Chef. God do I love this film... reminds me why I am a chef!!! Great film... 9/10

Also watched burnt a few weeks ago... great shows real passion and the insanity that chef's have... 9/10
    Got the family to watch Chef awhile ago, truly enjoyed it. Burnt.....not so much.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nina Forever, 2/5. Proof that a perfect rack does make up for a boring movie.

Imperium, 4/5. Very enjoyable movie, I wish
    Spoiler:
    Harry Potter was a little more seduced by the bad guys, got a little deeper into the lifestyle, which would have made finally turning them in a little more tense
    but other than that, very good.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to catch Morgan, Luke Scott's (Ridley Scott's son) directorial debut after hearing about it on the radio this morning.

It ticks off all the check boxes I need for a sci fi film...

but then....

I realized the black hole of charisma known as Kate Mara was in it. No thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I realized the black hole of charisma known as Kate Mara was in it. No thanks.
    You're killin' me, Smalls! First the Ben Foster hate, and now my girl Kate Mara. Come on. Then again, I'm a Giants fan.

I haven't heard people talk about Sausage Party much, but I really had a lot of fun with it. Don't be fooled by the crude humor, Sausage Party is a clever film with a unique social commentary on race and religion. It features one of the craziest WTF fuck am I watching endings you will ever see in a movie.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I really enjoyed Florence Foster Jenkins. 3.5/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 258 of 441 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 358 ... LastLast