Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 441 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Watched this today, really enjoyed it. As for your questions
    Spoiler:
    my guess is that they never really thought a rockslide would happen anytime soon? The head guy manning the watch center surely didn't think so, and ignored all the warning signs. And the road up the mountain, I've never been there, but my guess is it might really be like that. I'm not sure what they could do to alleviate that problem. There's also probably more than one road up but they just focused on the one they were on.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, it was odd. And what you say about how they ignored the warning signs, I thought that was strange since they had this whole monitoring station set up, with the sensors fitted in the mountains, I would have thought they'd take it more seriously. Maybe how this was played out, and the gridlock, etc. is more true to the facts since it was based on actual events. Anyway, sure is a beautiful place, but remind me not to go live there...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Even though it was more fun than scary, I liked Lights Out. (3/4)
    This got a very high review in the Washington Post. I want to see it.
    It's definitely worth seeing if you are a horror fan and I probably would have given it higher but had a somewhat bad experience in the theater with two idiots talking through the whole thing beside me and the ever-present cell phone abusers distracting me. Also, a few people were vaping in the theater and I really hate that. I will watch it again one day under better circumstances.

It grew out of a short film from 2013 which is
    here.
    oh Lord, but this is scary

as usual, the unseen part is imcomparably scarier that what's seen, and thank God for that vision at the end (which immediately brings the whole thing back from the dark of one's sould to the innocent realm of genre cinema), or I would have trouble sleeping tonight (bearWife's away for the week, bear is alone in the den)

and - offtop, but - about people vaping: you mean, just openly vaping? I have been a confirmed vaper for about three years by now, and whenever I am at a public place, I never vape openly unless it's a smoking area. If I am dying for a smoke, I cover the thing with something (like a handkerchief ora scarf or whatever) and swallow the vapor. Nobody has ever noticed or guessed what I do, and I haven't disturbed anyone
    You sound like you do it with respect to others Jean but I am talking about people that sit in the front rows and blow huge plumes of vapor straight up into the air in front of the movie screen.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I have not seen the movie, so I may end up being totally wrong about it, but the previews I saw for Suicide Squad made it look like the least appealing movie in the world. Like "I'd rather gargle glass shards than see this movie."
    According to early reviews, you are correct. I was never excited about seeing it but was hopeful. Maybe the critics are wrong...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe The Wave has flown under my radar this whole time. European art house is my favorite. I'll check it out soon.

And yeaaaaaa, bummer about Suicide Squad.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You sound like you do it with respect to others Jean but I am talking about people that sit in the front rows and blow huge plumes of vapor straight up into the air in front of the movie screen.
    bastards, they cast a shadow on all vapers! ***indignant bear***

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm with you Jean. Been over 2.5 years and hide by blowing the vapor in my shirt when necessary. I did it and use it for quitting smoking. I have never felt better with quitting smoking. So when the FCC has now incorporated tobacco with e-cigs, then they truly are ignorant and know nothing of the differences. That's what hell is for . I don't even remember what move people are talking about lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone excited for/heard.of Edge of Winter? Watching it tonight, excited, looks good.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm with you Jean. Been over 2.5 years and hide by blowing the vapor in my shirt when necessary. I did it and use it for quitting smoking. I have never felt better with quitting smoking. So when the FCC has now incorporated tobacco with e-cigs, then they truly are ignorant and know nothing of the differences. That's what hell is for . I don't even remember what move people are talking about lol.
    I just quit smoking period. I guess I'm old school like that.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

You are one of the lucky ones Matt. I loved smoking, just enjoyed it as a relaxing thing to wind down, especially with a beer. Some people can quit, some smoke only on weekends, some are just as addicted to it like heroin. Instead of smelling like an ashtray and ruining my life for the long hall, I smell like root beer, or blueberry, or cola, or iced-t. Then again, I'm sure we will hear vaping causes ebola or something in the near future.

I'm hoping to watch Edge of Winter shortly, but I am interested the most in the rated R version of Batman: Killing the Joke the most.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck with the Killing Joke. I gave it a 2/5, incredibly disappointed.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    My weekend is ruined! Not really, but the recent batman animations that have popped up haven't been very good. I was hoping for a little better then that.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep.. I shut it off.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the last one I saw was It Follows, and it was awesome
    bears are really really impressed, will try to say more in the Horrors thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Watched this today, really enjoyed it. As for your questions
    Spoiler:
    my guess is that they never really thought a rockslide would happen anytime soon? The head guy manning the watch center surely didn't think so, and ignored all the warning signs. And the road up the mountain, I've never been there, but my guess is it might really be like that. I'm not sure what they could do to alleviate that problem. There's also probably more than one road up but they just focused on the one they were on.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, it was odd. And what you say about how they ignored the warning signs, I thought that was strange since they had this whole monitoring station set up, with the sensors fitted in the mountains, I would have thought they'd take it more seriously. Maybe how this was played out, and the gridlock, etc. is more true to the facts since it was based on actual events. Anyway, sure is a beautiful place, but remind me not to go live there...
    Since watching the film I've been dying to go visit there. It looks absolutely beautiful.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Coherence is a film that is beautifully written and acted, adequately directed, atrociously shot and ruined by the last five minutes. I have a theory, though, that explains why that catastrophe happened

Spoiler:

The whole writing is so superb to the ending that what I think is:
    The screenwriters thought of the ending first. They had this idea, a vision - a woman killing her different self and unable to finish herself off or getting rid of the body - and then they started attaching a story to that, working from the end towards the beginning. Along the way the story grew, became more and more intelligent, less and less trivial, until it finally outgrew the seminal vision - but the guys didn't have guts enough just to discard the initial plan and think of something altogether different.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you liked Coherence. I'm glad! I loved it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky loved Coherence too, I thought it was kind of a mess.

Some of the more amateur acting you will find in a film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind amateur acting from an amateur film as long as the story is there.

The Signal
    and Primer are great examples.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Primer.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Suicide Squad.... Man there is no justification to bash this movie... It had brilliant moments. It wasn't perfect but I knew that. I had fun at the Theater an to me? That's what we go for. 8/10 for me. And man I love Allfeck as Batman... Best yet.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Bad Moms a weeks ago. Outrageously funny with several great individual performances. Slight letdown as it became a bit too sappy near the end. 4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Viewed Indignation yesterday. What a delightful movie. Set in post WWII 1951, a Jewish only-child moves from Newark, NJ to Ohio on a scholarship to attend college. An unusual experience on his first date sets about a chain of events that have profound effects on many people. Beautifully filmed and excellently written, it features a tour-De-force 13 minute discussion/debate between the young man and his College Dean that has amazing thrust and parry.
    5.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS. Deserving of an Oscar nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Viewed Indignation yesterday. What a delightful movie. Set in post WWII 1951, a Jewish only-child moves from Newark, NJ to Ohio on a scholarship to attend college. An unusual experience on his first date sets about a chain of events that have profound effects on many people. Beautifully filmed and excellently written, it features a tour-De-force 13 minute discussion/debate between the young man and his College Dean that has amazing thrust and parry.
    5.5/6 Beers on the RFSRS. Deserving of an Oscar nomination.
    I loved the book. Roth is a fantastic writer. I'm excited to see this one.

My Mood
    Confused

You and Kris were right. The ending however was one of the worst endings I have ever seen.
    I saw Coherence months ago, liked it.
    Edge of Winter.....I didn't like.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Guys... GREAT buddy detective style movie.. loved it and hope to see these two again in a round two! 8.5/10
    Jungle Book... WISH I had seen this in 3D in theaters.. wow... 9/10
    The Wave... even though it had subtitles.. it was very good. Very intense on the edge of your seat! 8/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK! Got a day off work so took my girls to cinema, €5.75 pre adult €5.50 per child, and saw..... wait for it.... the BFG.
    Love the original and book so was a little apprehensive about it. I need not have been, it was great. Even laughed out loud... good film. 8/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 441 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast