Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 441 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Take it easy, my friend. Guess you either LOVE, QT or, not. I do. so much for your opinion, IMHO LOL LOL J/K

How's, Rose doing? She have a great holiday I would guess? Best to you and yours, my "Brutha"!! LOL That little girl is more than precious!!! Have a prosperous new year my "Bro-Vegas"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I am with you Shannon. Hateful 8 was a HUGE let down and is not even on my top 25 for 2015. I did get to see Concussion last night... a great movie and a solid 8/10 for me. WIll Smith was very solid in it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    When a movie only has an hour and a half of story to tell, yet deliberately chooses to go almost double that, there is a problem. This movie wasn't bad, and it had moments of brilliance, and I gave it a decent/average rating of three out of five. Was it "Excellent/Near Perfect/5"? Absolutely not. Was it Very Good/Near Great/4"? No, but it might have been if not for the length and overindulgence.

And P.S:

IMDB's Rankings:
    1) Pulp Fiction: 8.9
    2) Django Unchained: 8.5
    3) Reservoir Dogs: 8.4
    4) Inglorious Basterds: 8.3
    5) Kill Bill 1: 8.1
    6) Hateful Eight: 8.1
    7) Kill Bill 2: 8.0
    8) Jackie Brown: 7.5
    9) Death Proof: 7.1

Shannon's Rankings:
    1) Pulp Fiction: Top 30 List
    2) Django Unchained: 5
    3) Kill Bill 1: 5
    4) Inglorious Basterds: 4
    5) Reservoir Dogs: 4
    6) Kill Bill 2: 4
    7) Hateful Eight: 3
    8) Jackie Brown: 3
    9) Death Proof: 2
    Your numbers align pretty closely with IMDB. Like I said, I can see where you're coming from. Your write-up made me think you were going to give the film a 1. A 3 is not that bad. I'm just wondering if you're giving it the benefit of the doubt because you like Tarantino.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody seen that 13 hours movie? I'm interested in thoughts. A friend who I don't trust at all was raving. Gave it 6 stars out of five and said it's up there with Saving Private Ryan.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the majority of Tarantinos movies. As a director, I think he's a little too egotistical for his own good. He puts out movies for himself. For Hateful Eight to have been rated a one, I would have wanted to turn it off. Even though it purposefully dragged, I never wanted to straight turn it off. I wanted it to speed up.

The 13 Hours trailer was fantastic and I love John Krasinski, so I'm excited to see him in this type of role.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Has anybody seen that 13 hours movie? I'm interested in thoughts. A friend who I don't trust at all was raving. Gave it 6 stars out of five and said it's up there with Saving Private Ryan.

I've seen it and it's typical Michael Bay shit! 144 minutes of endless explosions and action sequences without any definitive reason or plot. It's like the movie has ADHD or something! Total bollocks!

Put it in the oven at gas mark 6 and enjoy a turkey!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

God bless the people that can watch Michael Bay films for they are surely stronger than I.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I know! Fun, thoughtless movies, ugh! So horrible! Everything should have a deeper meaning with no explosions!

Oh wait, that would be ... fucking stupid.

The best part about movies is that there are all types. When you want this type of movie, it's available. When you want that type of movie, it's available.

I just watched the Raid and then Lawrence of Arabia, back to back. Point proven.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

You got the thoughtless part right, not sure of the fun bit though.

Loved The Raid btw and loved The Raid 2 even more! Can't wait for the third one.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Finally getting around to watching Sicario. Will post what I thought about it when done watching.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I last updated my movie/TV show spreadsheet on the 12th. This is what I have to update now. Since the 13th. Not including a few more movies I watched on Blu-Ray. FYI: I watch more movies and television than anyone else I know, lol. Anyone else got me beat? This is normal quantity for me.

At one point in my life, I was watching three movies a day and I was a complete TV junkie but a few years back I just got completely burned out on all the great TV out there. I still watch the Biggies like GoT etc but I slowed my TV watching way, way down or else I would never do anything else. Try to see at least three or four movies a week now. I think my brain just couldn't hold all the info I was shoving in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    God bless the people that can watch Michael Bay films for they are surely stronger than I.
    I apologize for saying this. Sometimes my pomposity escapes me. I really am in no position to disparage anyone's taste or work. Reading it back now I sound like the biggest jerkface on the planet. I am sorry.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"Never apologize."
    ~ Shannon

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spotlight... So boring... What is the hype??!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know! Fun, thoughtless movies, ugh! So horrible! Everything should have a deeper meaning with no explosions!
    I love all those things, but I like them when they are accompanied by a good movie. The Rock = good. Transformers = bad. Just because a movie is supposed to be fun and thoughtless with tons of explosions, doesn't mean it automatically gets a pass from being evaluated on whether it's actually good or not.

As for Spotlight being boring, I'm not sure what to tell you, Webstar.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ride Along 2.

Suffers from comedy cancer-2 laughs in the whole movie, the rest was just ugly lung cancer disguised as a move.
    1/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spotlight was fantastic.

Lars and the Real Girl - Very good again on a rewatch. For a movie with such an outlandish premise, what makes it so funny is that it never really tries to be funny. It's played very straight and produced like a drama. Just a solid, funny, and touching film. *****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spotlight was fantastic.

Lars and the Real Girl - Very good again on a rewatch. For a movie with such an outlandish premise, what makes it so funny is that it never really tries to be funny. It's played very straight and produced like a drama. Just a solid, funny, and touching film. *****

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Spotlight... So boring... What is the hype??!!!
    Boring? That's certainly one word that I would not use to describe what is, probably the best movie of 2015!

I don't know if you were expecting more 'action' when you watched it, but Spotlight is truly amazing and remains my favourite film of the year (see my Top Twenty Five films of 2015)....

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19416-Your-Top-10-Movies-of-2015&p=973500&viewfull=1#post973500

The acting from the ensemble cast in Spotlight is absolutely stellar (Mark Ruffalo has never been better) and the story told with nuance and complexity. I was thoroughly engaged with the film's passionate and eclectic narrative drive throughout, as it observed systemic human moral frailty in a way that no other film in the past decade has done!

Many films are made about journalism, but few show any meaningful comprehension of their subject matter. Spotlight isn’t merely a great film about journalism (joining such classics as All the President’s Men and The Insider), it’s a great film, period.

I would highly recommend a second viewing, of this awesome cinematic gem!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I last updated my movie/TV show spreadsheet on the 12th. This is what I have to update now. Since the 13th. Not including a few more movies I watched on Blu-Ray. FYI: I watch more movies and television than anyone else I know, lol. Anyone else got me beat? This is normal quantity for me.

I could probably give you a run for your money between TV/Movies/Sports/Video Games.

I watch about 100 films (first time watches) a year. I'm also currently watching 50 different TV shows. Unfortunately, I will have to drop some now that I'm juggling two jobs. It's hard to do, but that's life.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I watch more movies and television than anyone else I know, lol. Anyone else got me beat?

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Needful, I'm not a Cerberus, so no

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Needful, how much TV time do you clock in daily/weekly?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 441 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast