Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 441 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just added Triangle to my queue, thanks.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll like it. Did you watch The Arrival yet? And no, I haven't watched Apocalypse Now yet lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    ...And no, I haven't watched Apocalypse Now yet lol

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So has anyone here watched Goodnight Mommy yet? Matt I especially think you'll enjoy it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe I mentioned it here last month when I saw a stellar review in the Washington Post. It is the next DVD up in my Netflix queue. I'm looking forward to it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it downloaded but can't find a working subtitle for it yet.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Primer. One of my favourite sci-fis. Carruth's Upstream Color is a visually stunning and totally abstract film.

Watched Inside Out and it was great. Will rewatch again soon. Also rewatched The Babadook Because it's awesome and Triangle because it's a genius and well-craffed genre flick.
    I couldn't get into Primer. The color choices actually took me out of the film. As a video guy, I couldn't get over the lack of white balancing. I kept yelling at the screen, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEBODY WHITE BALANCE THAT CAMERA!" I know it was a stylistic choice, but I just couldn't stand it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Well, this is it. After a couple of years of build up, the first of the new Star Wars sequels has finally been released. Has it lived up to the hype? At the very least, is it better than the prequel movies?

It's an easy yes, and there's a big reason why - as much as the film is filled with awesome battles and stories of good versus evil, Abrams's main focus is, of course, the characters. They're what make the film work, both as a film that's truly in the spirit of the original movies (a spirit that the prequel movies arguably lacked), and as a way of reviving the franchise and almost acting as a fresh starting-point for a brand new audience.

It's through the new characters that the film avoids being a complete retread of the original movies. There are a lot of visual and story nods to those films, and those are pretty cool, but the story of The Force Awakens is at its best by telling a brand new story of its own, and the new characters help with that more than anything.

Out of all the new characters, my favourite by far is Finn. Rey's a strong female protagonist that has elements of Luke's journey while being very much her own character, but Finn is completely original. Sometimes, he acts like he's out for himself, and other times, he's like a massive kid that makes him gloriously likeable. As for Kylo Ren? He's cool. He's no Vader, but he's certainly interesting.

As for the original characters, it's great to see them again. It's really interesting finding out exactly what they've been up to in the 30+ years since Return of the Jedi, but the film seems much more keen to focus on its brand new creations rather than on the past. It's also clear that, as far as most people in the galaxy are concerned, they're virtually legends, stories that people can hardly believe. It works too, as it helps to balance between continuing the story that original fans loved so much, while doing it in such a way that brand new fans can be brought in to the franchise.

The Force Awakens is clearly only the first act of a new trilogy, and for every shocking revelation about what's happened since the original trilogy ended, many more questions are raised. As a result, while it's fast-paced and action packed, it feels like only the beginning of a new story, rather than a complete story itself. It'll be interesting to see how well everything fits once the new trilogy is complete.

Full of the fun and spirit of the original films, while telling a completely new story for a new generation, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a worthy revival of the franchise, and I'm eager to see how the story continues.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll come back to that review, James. I'm trying to go in as clean as possible.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Having not seen Stat Wars, the plot sounds the same as new hope. Crash landing on desert planet by a hero with lightsabre who learns of an ancient, mystic force and goes on journey with wise old man along with a woman who put plans on a Droid for a death star like battle station... sounds a little too much like A New Hope from what I've read. someome said it should be called A New A New Hope. Biggest criticism lobbied against it was Abrams didn't bring enough originality but plenty of fan service, which was my fear. The barometer of quality should read more accurate by aggregate in a week.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having not seen Stat Wars, the plot sounds the same as new hope. Crash landing on desert planet by a hero with lightsabre who learns of an ancient, mystic force and goes on journey with wise old man along with a woman who put plans on a Droid for a death star like battle station... sounds a little too much like A New Hope from what I've read. someome said it should be called A New A New Hope. Biggest criticism lobbied against it was Abrams didn't bring enough originality but plenty of fan service, which was my fear. The barometer of quality should read more accurate by aggregate in a week.
    Really? lol You havent seen it! Give it a chance...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Really? lol You havent seen it! Give it a chance...
    To be fair, he's actually not that far off. I enjoyed it, and the new elements Abrams brings are great, no question there, but there are times when it follows the template of A New Hope almost too closely. I say 'almost' because there are also moments that are intentionally meant to echo them which I quite liked, but yeah, the template is virtually the same. One key difference being of course is that this time,
    Spoiler:
    it's the woman who's learning about the force this time.

The best part is that this isn't even the first time that Abrams has been criticized for, erm, "borrowing" from the original trilogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfBH-XFdSc
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Room

Solid four out of five. Nothing mindblowing, but thoroughly enjoyable/depressing. First half better than the second half. Damn great acting from the kid.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Room

Solid four out of five. Nothing mindblowing, but thoroughly enjoyable/depressing. First half better than the second half. Damn great acting from the kid.
    It blew my mind. My number one film so far this year. I loved every second of it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished watching The Best Offer. Hadn't even heard of this movie. Absolutely brilliant. What a shocker ending. Loved it, so 5/5. Geoffrey Rush was fantastic.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Room

Looked it up at imdb, the main premise reminded me of Dogtooth

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Room

Room isBear's kind of film.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It was playing at this little arthouse theater nearby awhile back. I tried to get Matt to go with me but he refused so now I have to wait for the dvd release
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Room

One of the main reasons I want to watch it.
    Bears know how much I love Dogtooth.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sisters-
    Terribly unfunny. Change a frat boy grow up now that you are 40 movie to a frat girl grow up now that you are 40 theme and there you have it. Not even an homage, just poor theft.
    Three funny scenes (admittedly one-music box- is an entire minute of laugh out loud), John Cena in an incredible deadpan performance and that's it.
    2 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cena got the only laugh out of me during the trailer for Sisters.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cena got the only laugh out of me during the trailer for Sisters.
    The music box was by far the funniest. Cena's deadpan intimidating drug dealer was fabulous and a close second.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

St. Vincent: 3/5

Skeleton Twins: 2/5

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been meaning to watch Skeleton Kings for awhile.

Rewatched Into The Wild. Just as magnificent as ever. Damn you Hal Halloran for making me cry every damn time!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*Twins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 441 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 ... LastLast